X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Most of the negatives I have heard are that the CGI was laughably bad and the two-hour run time mandate caused major plot holes. They should have delayed release until March or April to give the CGI team more time to work.
    I had zero issues with the plot and with the CGI. Not sure what plot holes they're referring to cause the plot was simple, understandable, and l can't think of any hanging chads myself.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I had zero issues with the plot and with the CGI. Not sure what plot holes they're referring to cause the plot was simple, understandable, and l can't think of any hanging chads myself.
      I agree but to each their own. I am just happy when I enjoy something
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Some people are able to fill in the plot holes with things they know from the comics or other supplemental material. Most movie fans don't have that advantage. I could give examples but I don't think I can do spoiler tags on this phone. But it would be as if a key part of Rogue One was only referenced in Catalyst. For those of us who read the novel we'd understand it and not care about a plot hole but the vast majority of those watching the movie would be left scratching their head.

Comment

may go see JL. not too deep in the offerings here, so if anything it falls under 'least bad' options.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Some people are able to fill in the plot holes with things they know from the comics or other supplemental material. Most movie fans don't have that advantage. I could give examples but I don't think I can do spoiler tags on this phone. But it would be as if a key part of Rogue One was only referenced in Catalyst. For those of us who read the novel we'd understand it and not care about a plot hole but the vast majority of those watching the movie would be left scratching their head.
            Or maybe some people just like the movie. I know that doesnt play nice with the clickbait you often reference but it is actually a thing.

RT and the like have made groupthink worse than normal. There is no complaint I heard about JL that I couldnt find examples of in every one of a hundred CBMs or genre flicks. We pick and choose how much we are willing to accept based on the level of enjoyment from the film. I can ignore wonky CGI if I am engaged in the flick. I was so I did. Some others werent so they didnt.

We dont need to try and excuse away why some people like something.
            Last edited by Handyman; 11-17-2017, 12:28 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Or maybe some people just like the movie. I know that doesnt play nice with the clickbait you often reference but it is actually a thing.
              The plot holes are a myth. Having seen Batman vs. Superman is helpful but unnecessary. And my comic reading in this particular area is not good and watching Super Friends when I was a kid is no help here.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I give Justice League a C+ or B-. Part of that is that I'm just not a fan of Snyder's style (dark color palate, slow-mo, etc.).

Character wise this was the strongest offering for the DC movies so far. I felt that returning characters held course from previous outings, which worked for me. Flash as a geeky kid and Aquaman as a good hearted, but slightly dumb high school jock type person worked well. Both characters lightened the dialog quite a bit, which is needed in this type of movie. This is the reason the movie scored as well as it did with me.

The plot is the downfall here. It's paint-by-numbers as can be, and that can't happen in a flagship superhero film any more. There were several exposition dumps throughout the film that seemed forced. They hit with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Steppenwolf wants to takeover the world and must be stopped. Not really sure why he's doing so, but hey, Hollywood thinks that great action cancels this out. There was zero development of him.

At this point in the genre, I want twists and turns to keep me on my feet. I don't want to see things coming from light years away. This movie had nothing for that. It works as a film, sure. If this was an Aquaman or Cyborg movie on this level, I'd be content. But as a flagship movie, I expect much, much more.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Film critics are harsh in the sub continent

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-film-outrage/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The plot is the downfall here. It's paint-by-numbers as can be, and that can't happen in a flagship superhero film any more. There were several exposition dumps throughout the film that seemed forced. They hit with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Steppenwolf wants to takeover the world and must be stopped. Not really sure why he's doing so...
                    Well if you read the comics you'd know and it would make perfect sense. Or they could have mentioned it in the movie, but that would have bumped the run time over two hours.

Comment

Well thankfully for pretty much everyone Snyder is done with the DCEU and by the time Aquaman (by James Wan) comes out most of the people in charge (especially people like Kevin T) will be out. Even as someone who likes the films I want them to take some time and let the dust settle.

But I liked the film so ultimately to me that is all that matters.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 11-17-2017, 07:39 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There are plot holes you could drive a school bus through and the CGI is crazy. Seriously, just tell Steppenwolf a joke and his face will crack open. However the actors make it work. It's fun. Aquaman is a hoot, once Cyborg stops brooding he's OK and the Flash stole the show. You could tell the difference between Wonder Woman as shot by Patty Jenkins and shot for Justice League. We don't need repeated shots of Gal Gadot in leather pants with her *** perfectly framed. Grow up.

If you are able to suspend disbelief for two hours and ignore the CGI you'll have a blast. For me, it was just too much. 6.5/10.

Comment

As for the post-credits scenes, the first was funny. The second...I don't read the comics but I do know some of the material....are they teasing the Legion of Doom?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Bladerunner is an overrated piece of dreck.
                            You're trying too hard.

Comment

The CGI is fine and there are no plot holes. The plot is so simple if you can't follow it watch the Hallmark channel and leave the movies to people who can handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                The CGI is fine and there are no plot holes. The plot is so simple if you can't follow it watch the Hallmark channel and leave the movies to people who can handle it.
                                No plot holes huh?

So...the site at the end was a Soviet nuclear plant that melted down 30 years ago so it's "off the grid", even though there are hundreds of civilians living there. Hmm. Soviet power plant that melted down 30 years ago...Sounds like Chernobyl. Well, that makes sense. It was 30 years ago. I'm sure it's fine now.

"Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years."

Sounds like a great place to settle down and raise a family. Nope, no problem there. I don't know what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X