This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That is on my list, I really wanna see this. Have to finish up The Wire first.*

*Bad habit of mine; if I start a series that I can watch from beginning to end, there is no interrupting that until I finish it. So, my Netflix disc movie option is on hold until I'm done with the series.
    I think you'll really enjoy it.

Re: The Wire, I haven't seen that or Boardwalk Empire and I know those are two I'll enjoy and will have to watch start to finish uninterrupted, so I hear ya on that front.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      I think you'll really enjoy it.

Re: The Wire, I haven't seen that or Boardwalk Empire and I know those are two I'll enjoy and will have to watch start to finish uninterrupted, so I hear ya on that front.
      Boardwalk I may get to. I am digging The Wire, about halfway done with the series (5 seasons, 2-3 eps per disc). I probably should see if IANYN is streaming...that would change things (I have 1-disc + streaming plan).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Boardwalk was great for two seasons then went off the rails awful after that.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          But you hated Last Jedi so * you.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Yip
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              But you hated Last Jedi so * you.
              You will see
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                The Post was pretty good. Can't go wrong with Streep and Hanks.
                Saw it today. Very well acted. Hanks and Streep play off each other so well.

Only problem is I will always see Zach Woods as Gabe from The Office so I got a little thrown off when he had his scene.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Saw it today. Very well acted. Hanks and Streep play off each other so well.

Only problem is I will always see Zach Woods as Gabe from The Office so I got a little thrown off when he had his scene.
                  I had fun watching and thinking how in some scenes it was a Mr. Show With Bob and Dave reunion

Very well done movie though!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Happy Birthday to Sergei Eisenstein, born this date in 1898.

If you haven't watched Battleship Potemkin, you are missing a classic. Ditto Alexander Nevsky (score by Prokofiev).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mrs. Solo and I saw The Post last night. Good movie but a major flaw that rankles and this isn't the first time Tom Hanks has ignored or misrepresented historical facts (see Parkland for one example): to equate JFK's Vietnam/Southeast Asia policy to those of Truman, Eisenhower and Johnson is so disingenuous it's laughable but it's dangerous as well and it makes me wonder... with the reporting of and on declassified documents and the words of Dave Powers and Kenneth O'Donnell and even McNamara himself why are some so afraid to acknowledge 35's real position in Vietnam? It's beyond debate now, he was withdrawing...

https://www.thenation.com/article/jf...t-speculation/

https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/09/26/jf...olid-evidence/

http://bostonreview.net/us/galbraith...rategy-vietnam

Beyond that problem I thought the movie was very good.

I'd like to see Ellsberg get a movie based on his heroic actions but I think that's a bridge too far for most of Hollywood.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Mrs. Solo and I saw The Post last night.
                        JFC I just got your screen name.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          😀
                          I kinda like Star Wars😀

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Jesus me too

BTW The Pentagon Papers was a movie about Ellsburg and he is played by James Spader. Been years since I saw it so couldnt tell you how accurate it was.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Jesus me too
                              All these years I thought it was some vague Eastern European thing.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Jesus me too

BTW The Pentagon Papers was a movie about Ellsburg and he is played by James Spader. Been years since I saw it so couldnt tell you how accurate it was.
                                I'll check that out, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X