Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The Affleck news isnt new...there have been rumors for months about it (even when he denied it) and now he is just ending the rampant clickbait speculation. (some of the worst being done by your faves at Collider) He will do Reeves' The Batman and then probably walk away. WB wont offer him $50 million like they Disney did to keep RDJ making their films (nor should they)

It will have zero effect on how Justice League does no matter what the clickbaiters tell you. You really need to stop reading that stuff

On anther note: Not sure what Disney's endgame is with barring the LA Times from all premiere's now but they might want to rethink that.
    Affleck's quote was today in a media availability for Justice League. Maybe he could have kept playing the happy guy for another couple of weeks.

The Disney/LAT thing was cleared up last week wasn't it? The Mouse House capitulated but tried to make it look like the LAT did.

Lucia Apologist

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Bring back bale and nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Agreed.

The Dinner:

Two wealthy couples (husbands are brothers) meet for dinner to catch up with each other. But there is something else on the agenda that could break them.

Flashbacks mixed in with current time, a slow build until the hectic final scenes. Very much dialogue driven, and the characters are really fleshed out nicely. A bit awkward to watch at first, given one of the main characters, but stick with it. I would recommend it, for sure.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No thanks.

Disney capitulated...huh I honestly didnt know that. They obviously felt the pressure since a bunch of other media said they would boycott all screenings until the Times was let back in. All because they were butthurt over an article about Disneyland and Anaheim.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Anyone here waiting to watch Deadpool 2?

Part 1 is so fascinating that I have to find the song "Wham! - Careless Whisper" at the end of the film to hear over and over

Quote Originally Posted by davedr View Post
    Anyone here waiting to watch Deadpool 2?

Part 1 is so fascinating that I have to find the song "Wham! - Careless Whisper" at the end of the film to hear over and over
    I am waiting. Hope it's even half as good as the first one. Don't give me something like Kick Ass 2.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

I still havent seen the first one. I was supposed to go a couple of times but the people I was seeing it with went without me. Never felt motivated enough to watch it on my own. If my buddies want to check out #2 I will watch it beforehand like I did with X-Men: First Class before seeing Days of Futures Past.

Sadly I dont see as many movies as I used to. I think the last movie I saw was Spiderman: Homecoming cause my best friend is a Spidey freak (he was underwhelmed) and War For the Planet of the Apes cause my dad has loved the Apes films since he was a kid and we love the new series. The amount of movies I am motivated to see drops every year...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I still havent seen the first one. I was supposed to go a couple of times but the people I was seeing it with went without me. Never felt motivated enough to watch it on my own. If my buddies want to check out #2 I will watch it beforehand like I did with X-Men: First Class before seeing Days of Futures Past.

Sadly I dont see as many movies as I used to. I think the last movie I saw was Spiderman: Homecoming cause my best friend is a Spidey freak (he was underwhelmed) and War For the Planet of the Apes cause my dad has loved the Apes films since he was a kid and we love the new series. The amount of movies I am motivated to see drops every year...
    That sounds like me and theaters. Unless it's something that I know will be spoiled beforehand, I'll just skip it, in general. For Deadpool, well Goddam, that was such a repeat-viewing movie. And for your comic book/graphic novel/whatever tastes, I think you'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I am waiting. Hope it's even half as good as the first one. Don't give me something like Kick Ass 2.
    Hope it is not as bad as Kick *** 2. In my opinion, most of the movies that make up the second or third part have a lot of bad content. There are not too many things to exploit about the character and it does not make it attractive. ( sorry for my bad english)

I'm in favor of giving Batman a rest once Affleck is done mailing it in.

I think Bond also needs a solid 10-year break before its next reboot, once Craig is done with the role.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I think Bond also needs a solid 10-year break before its next reboot, once Craig is done with the role.
    mookie doesn't like how they seem to have run out of stories and ideas so are replaying what we already know. dee uuu emmm
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Agreed.

The Dinner:

Two wealthy couples (husbands are brothers) meet for dinner to catch up with each other. But there is something else on the agenda that could break them.

Flashbacks mixed in with current time, a slow build until the hectic final scenes. Very much dialogue driven, and the characters are really fleshed out nicely. A bit awkward to watch at first, given one of the main characters, but stick with it. I would recommend it, for sure.
    Good to hear....I loved the book

Both of those are likely to happen as Disney taking a break from Star Wars. Christ they are already talking about another trilogy having zero to do with the Skywalker story on top of the current series and the standalone films. As long as the properties make money hand over fist there is no way more movies dont come.

Speaking of Disney, apparently they were talks of them buying Fox. That certainly wouldnt help the issues in Hollywood right now when it comes to creativity.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Yes.

No, but I would take a 3-year gap to freshen the palate, and to let the poutrage build over Black Trans Lesbian Autistic Muslim Blind Bond.

"She's differently abled, but man is she able!"
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

wubba lubba dub dub

Speaking of Disney, apparently they were talks of them buying Fox. That certainly wouldnt help the issues in Hollywood right now when it comes to creativity.
    Disney wants to launch its own video streaming site, containing only Disney owned properties. While they have a boatload of movies, what they wanted from Fox were shows like The Simpsons and Futurama. They think that what keeps people on a service is having shows that have proven to get repeat viewing by its core audience, what one article likened to comfort food for the screen. By and large, Disney doesn't have those types of shows in its inventory.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Disney wants to launch its own video streaming site, containing only Disney owned properties. While they have a boatload of movies, what they wanted from Fox were shows like The Simpsons and Futurama. They think that what keeps people on a service is having shows that have proven to get repeat viewing by its core audience, what one article likened to comfort food for the screen. By and large, Disney doesn't have those types of shows in its inventory.
    Ducktales (old and new), Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, The Mighty Ducks, Bonkers...

I'd pay a Netflix/Hulu price for a streaming service from Disney if all those were available on demand. Add Simpsons/Futurama/Bob's Burgers/Archer? Sold!

And I'm 35.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    They want the movie properties too. Not only would it give them the X-Men (just out of the comic book realm) but it would give them the distribution rights to the original uncut Star Wars Trilogy. The amount they could make distributing the Original Originals in Blue Rays alone would be astounding.

I get why they want it, but lord it would be bad for movies and creativity in general.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I get why they want it, but lord it would be bad for movies and creativity in general.
    I don't see why. The big studios are never the ones producing the interesting and original movies or taking chances. They've always been the Pablum Purveyors. It's what they do. Why does it matter if there are only 4 instead of 5 or 6? It's still going to be a Big Mac coming off that conveyor belt.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

there's a good buck in that racket.

mookie watched Grease last night on netflix. were those pants ONJ had on in the last scene THE original yogo pants? they really didn't look like leather and they deserve credit for being the first
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie watched Grease last night on netflix. were those pants ONJ had on in the last scene THE original yogo pants? they really didn't look like leather and they deserve credit for being the first
    She said they were leather, and they took something like 30 minutes for her to get into them. Worth every minute.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Thread Information