Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Yeah, I deleted because I went back and discovered I had them them mixed up.
    Deleted my response. Interesting story, since I was but a wee lad when that happened. That Willem guy....what a piece of work in real life.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    The documentary All Governments Lie is on Starz tonight. I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good, so I may have to give it a look.
    The movie was a disappointment. I don't think it could figure out what it wanted to be. It would have been more interesting if it had been about I.F. Stone as suggested in the publicity leading up to it.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Im not gonna clog up the POTUS thread but Gung Ho is a gem of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Im not gonna clog up the POTUS thread but Gung Ho is a gem of a movie.
    "No more TWISTED SISTAH!!"
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    "No more TWISTED SISTAH!!"
    I tell ya! I thought it handled great!

Closed Circuit:

Two former lovers have to defend a terrorist. Believe me, the "lovers' past" angle is not really important to the plot. However, a tinfoil hat is. A big thick one. Suspend all disbelief and strap in. Entertaining, but man, that is one big conspiracy theory.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Watched the ID4 sequel on HBO. meh. Plot holes galore, bad acting, only average special effects, etc. Goldblum/Pullman/Spiner were the only reasons to watch that movie. Not nearly as good as the original, which was a summer blockbuster but had some heart behind it. 5 or 6 out of 10 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    It both amazes and cheers me that Christopher Plummer is still alive and working. "Helllllllllllllllllllo, sailor!"

2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

there's a good buck in that racket.

Sherlock toms is playing here and it looks good.

But its in Malay and only Arabic subtitles

Should nookie go anyhow? He really wants to see it. (ME problems)

Murder on the Orient Express

A gorgeous film. Branagh is amazing as Poirot. Dazzling cast. I finished the book a few weeks ago and was afraid it would be too similar. Most of the story is familar but there are enough changes to make it fresh. No spoilers but I can see why people are disappointed with the solution to the crime. I was satisfied but your mileage may vary. I give it an 8.5/10. It is around 65% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Read the book years ago. Was excited for this movie upon seeing the trailers for it recently.

Then I looked it up on Twitter hoping for some early reviews: silence.

Then NPR released this scathing review this morning which tempered my expectations.

Now, when I do get around to seeing it, I'll make sure to just enjoy the scenery chewing.

It got ripped in the MPLS paper, but I'm not a fan of the critic overall, so I'll give it a whirl when it hits home video.

Decided to watch Field of Dreams last night, for probably the third time. My wife chides me because I tend to like dark movies, and here I am bawling over a rewatch of that movie. How does that happen? Is it Iowa?

MotOE is holding steady at 60% on RT. Daddy's Home 2 is getting hammered with a 16%.

Early word on Justice League is that the story is a mess but no one cares because they had fun and Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash were so ****ing awesome. The film is still under review embargo until Wednesday (not a good sign) but critics can tweet initial reactions.

It's amazing to me how Jason Mamoa has changed the image of Aquaman. When I was a kid he was always the least important member of Superfriends (including Gleek) and was the target of ridicule. Now he's cooler than Batman and Superman...

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    It's amazing to me how Jason Mamoa has changed the image of Aquaman. When I was a kid he was always the least important member of Superfriends (including Gleek) and was the target of ridicule. Now he's cooler than Batman and Superman...
    It's because the first version you mention was metrosexual Aquaman who just got back from a spa day that included a mani-pedi. He talked about relationships with dolphins.

The new version is a guy who'd hang out in biker bars, out-drinking the regulars, and ride away on a Harley that he won playing 8-ball (having started the night with $20 in his pocket).
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

WB is holding the embargo til Wednesday (actually Tuesday Night) because the local premieres are all on Tuesday. I know I am going to the one here They arent going to have reviews come out before the sneak previews. They opened up the Social Media embargo this afternoon but it is usually their policy to hold reviews until right before release. Even WW only moved up a day and movies like IT and Mad Max didnt at all.

They have screenings tonight and I believe tomorrow as well. They have been screening the movie for bloggers and nerd journalists for the last week or so.

I dont expect it to change my life but I think I will enjoy it which is all I ever care about when I see films
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    The original one did not have women hoping he'd tear their clothes off and ravish you (with permission, of course).
    Or so I've heard.

The release date for WW2 has been moved up to November 1, 2019 to avoid direct competition with Star Wars Episode IX. As has been discussed on the other thread, Gal Gadot is not yet under contract for the sequel and may have some very expensive demands for WB to meet.

In other DCEU news, Ben Affleck has decided three days before Justice League is a good time to announce he's looking for a way to leave the role of Batman. That's sure to boost ticket sales and keep the media spotlight on the new movie.

The Affleck news isnt new...there have been rumors for months about it (even when he denied it) and now he is just ending the rampant clickbait speculation. (some of the worst being done by your faves at Collider) He will do Reeves' The Batman and then probably walk away. WB wont offer him $50 million like they Disney did to keep RDJ making their films (nor should they)

It will have zero effect on how Justice League does no matter what the clickbaiters tell you. You really need to stop reading that stuff

On anther note: Not sure what Disney's endgame is with barring the LA Times from all premiere's now but they might want to rethink that.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information