X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Just back from black panther

Guessing this is a comic strip and being the first movie they laid the groundwork (like Wonder Woman did).

Liked the characters and look forward to seeing the stories develop
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Guessing this is a comic strip and being the first movie they laid the groundwork (like Wonder Woman did).

Yes. Black Panther also appeared in Captain America Civil War and will likely be in both upcoming Avengers films.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I'm going Saturday morning on the ultra screen. Looking forward to it.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I'm going Saturday morning on the ultra screen. Looking forward to it.
          I'm going tonight. IMAX.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I will probably wait a week or so. Even though I dont much care for that universe I will pay to support a film such as that. (like others did going to Wonder Woman) It is important to show Hollywood diversity is not something to be feared. Word is like Jenkins wasnt Coogler isnt signed for the sequel so Disney is going to have to pony up big cause BP is about to crush the box office.

Speaking of Wonder Woman:

I find these movies much more interesting these days.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Word is like Jenkins wasnt Coogler isnt signed for the sequel so Disney is going to have to pony up big cause BP is about to crush the box office.
              Disney will find the loose change in the sofa cushions.

Comment

Saw this trailer today for the first time and it kinda piqued my interest.

https://youtu.be/EDU8gseZdTk
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Disney will find the loose change in the sofa cushions.
                  Maybe but they do sometimes let directors go even after successes. I would think they are smarter than that in this case though. (just like WB with Jenkins)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bottom Of The World:

A young couple looking for a new start in LA stop in a SW town....where their reality starts to bend.

Kind of a mindf*, lotta pieces being thrown together. The ending of the movie is a nice sum of all those pieces though. Patience is indeed a virtue in this movie.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Black Panther was fun. I loved the mythology of the character. Very well directed. Strong female roles. It should do very well. If there weren't so much Super Hero fatigue right now it would probably crush records all over the place.

Fits in with the MCU perfectly. After credit scenes were very well done and slot the culmination of the MCU storyline very well. Can't wait for Avengers this spring.

Comment

From what I can tell (only from trailers) the story seems to stand on its own. That will help it a ton against the fatigue. And while this wont have a record style opening it will have massive legs. Wonder Woman made the money it did because weeks later many women were still going. Mothers took daughters, grandmothers went hell even girls night out would choose to see that. (gf's mom did that with her friends) When I saw it the third time (took my dad) the theater was still half filled almost all women.

Black Panther will have the same thing only with the Black Community. This is one of those seminal moments. Yes there have been movies like this before, hell even superhero movies before (Blade) but this is a major franchise in a massive universe. This can be a game changer.

Hell even on tv...the Black Lightning TV show on CW is pretty good.

We are living in an era when Hollywood is getting stale in many ways so it is important to remind them that taking chances is a good thing. (though Coogler is hardly unknown at this point)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bad Genius. 2017 Thai film surrounding h.s. kids that get caught up in a test-cheating scam designed to make some of them a lot of money, including the protagonist that grew up as a, "good girl" but couldn't resist the opportunity. Very well done. The movie tries to balance the line between serious social commentary and farce and it's brilliantly pulled off.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-16-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Comic book movie after comic book movie after comic book movie. Just a whole bunch of crap I have no interest in ever watching, because I'm not a teenager.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Comic book movie after comic book movie after comic book movie. Just a whole bunch of crap I have no interest in ever watching, because I'm not a teenager.
                              There are plenty of other films available. Of the 15 films at my local theater only one is a comic book film, and 1 is Star Wars. There are 13 other films to choose from.

Also, not a single Top Category Oscar nomination went to a comic book movie. So, there's a whole bunch of films to see.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/li...ns-1202668757/

Comment

Comic book movies may not be dominating the cinemaplex right now, but wait until summer. Seven of the top 11 box office films of 2017 were CBMs or Star Wars. That isn't changing. It's also all anyone in the movie media wants to discuss. I've stopped watching Movie Talk everyday because 16 of the last 20 episodes have centered around CBMs. It's getting old. But they're still making money like nothing else in the market, so it will continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X