X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Hidden Figures:

Excellent movie. Didn't go for overly melodramatic on the race/female issues, told the story pretty true to fashion from what I read on imdb, solid acting performances. One of the few (if only) movies I actually liked Kevin Costner in. Well worth a watch.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Hidden Figures:

Excellent movie. Didn't go for overly melodramatic on the race/female issues, told the story pretty true to fashion from what I read on imdb, solid acting performances. One of the few (if only) movies I actually liked Kevin Costner in. Well worth a watch.
      I enjoyed it too. It was done much better than I expected it to be.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah this is really sanitized, but a good watch. Steve The Pirate (Dodgeball) does a great job in his minor role. JFC he had ME sold that he really felt that way.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Yeah this is really sanitized, but a good watch. Steve The Pirate (Dodgeball) does a great job in his minor role. JFC he had ME sold that he really felt that way.
          I *heart* Alan Tudyk. I'd potentially leave my husband for him. (he knows)

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            I *heart* Alan Tudyk. I'd potentially leave my husband for him. (he knows)
            I've seen him in another movie or two, he's a good actor for minor roles, for sure.

Comment

oh it works.... overtime!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              The Departed was ok but the ending is far from the only reason why it wasn't better. I don't typically go off on plot holes but for a movie intending to be that serious you can't have that many major eff ups. There are some superb performances (including Baldwin, Damon and DiCaprio) and one huge dud (Nicholson), and the cinematography was wonderful, but the inexplicable holes and ending just doom it.
              what's wrong with killing everyone??
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I've seen him in another movie or two, he's a good actor for minor roles, for sure.
                "Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."

Alan Tudyk rules.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  "Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."

Alan Tudyk rules.
                  This is Wash, right? I love that guy.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    This is Wash, right? I love that guy.
                    Yes! <3

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Alan Tudyk rules.
                      Thanks to this thread, had to watch it again last night.

Comment

Baby Driver:

Love. Love. Love. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5/5 stars on Netflix is that the final chase/whatever you want to call it was a little overboard. I get that it was needed in a story like this, but still....

The little things like the lyrics on walls/trees, the tinnitus placements, elevated it even beyond the genius soundtrack. The soundtrack was like if Scorcese and Tarantino had a love child and decided to choose soundtracks as his or her sole purpose in life. The stylings of the movie was awesome, with the vibrant colors in the locales, etc. And don't get me started on Ansel Elgort (Baby). Played that role PERFECTLY. As for Jon Hamm's character? Hell to the yes. Don Draper he ain't. Not in this movie.

HIGHLY recommend.

Comment

Saw Thor finally. Solid movie though I think my lack of knowledge of marvel's universe in general prevents me from appreciating this as much as I do Dark Knight after having read Dark Knight, the Killing Joke and The Long Halloween.

It's a huge financial commitment I'm sure but where should a novice start on some of the marvel stuff?
                          What are the go-to books like the DC ones I referenced above?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Saw Thor finally. Solid movie though I think my lack of knowledge of marvel's universe in general prevents me from appreciating this as much as I do Dark Knight after having read Dark Knight, the Killing Joke and The Long Halloween.

It's a huge financial commitment I'm sure but where should a novice start on some of the marvel stuff?
                            What are the go-to books like the DC ones I referenced above?
                            It really depends on what characters you want to follow. Marvel Unlimited is $10/month or $70/year and gets you access to most major comics that are out there.

If you want events: Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade are direct tie-ins to the movies (but the movies are not direct adaptations. You'll get a new story out of it). You can find these events on Marvel Unlimited and there are reading orders all over the net for all the tie-ins. If you want to venture into X-MEN territory, Dark Phoenix is a good read.

For individual characters, I'm currently reading the "Welcome Back Frank" run of PUNISHER by Garth Ennis. Tony Stark's movie character comes from stories like "Demon in a Bottle" and "Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D." which came out of Civil War. Hulk has "World War Hulk" and "Planet Hulk". I haven't read Thor much, but "Siege" would probably be fair game.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Sour Grapes.

Two words. Higher. Taxes.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Killer

A man looking for his hitman father in the badlands of Brazil becomes a feared killer himself. A little convoluted at times, but it all gets tied together at the end. Worth a watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X