This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Milestone alert: Sometime on Saturday in its 23rd day of release Justice League will make what Avengers made in its opening weekend. The movie has proved so successful the head of the studio has been "reassigned," the comic division has lost its autonomy and will be folded into the WB umbrella and the entire DCEU might be rebooted. One of the reasons JL went ahead in November - even though many wanted to push it because the CGI and reshoots were rushed and the film wasn't ready for release - is because the CEO and other top executives were afraid they wouldn't be there after the proposed merger and wanted the box office to be included in their year-end bonuses now rather than next year when they wouldn't be around to collect them.

Quite a success story.
    It isn't getting rebooted just stop. Rebooting would kill Aquaman which finished production and Wonder Woman whose sequel is filming next year. (Not to mention Shazam which is in production) You are the Flaggy of movie news just spouting clickbait and trolling.

Keep trying though...it's priceless.
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-08-2017, 03:40 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Where are the Wonder Twins?

"Shape of an elephant!"
      "Form of a waterfall!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

"Shape of an elephant!"
        "Form of a waterfall!"
        They are off with tica's other names on this board waiting to be used again

Edit: your story is bogus btw Campea clone. WB offered to delay JL when Snyder left so he could finish (A fact confirmed by both parties... have you heard of facts?) It was Snyder who asked them to keep the date. Priceless.
        Last edited by Handyman; 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Milestone alert: Sometime on Saturday in its 23rd day of release Justice League will make what Avengers made in its opening weekend. The movie has proved so successful the head of the studio has been "reassigned," the comic division has lost its autonomy and will be folded into the WB umbrella and the entire DCEU might be rebooted. One of the reasons JL went ahead in November - even though many wanted to push it because the CGI and reshoots were rushed and the film wasn't ready for release - is because the CEO and other top executives were afraid they wouldn't be there after the proposed merger and wanted the box office to be included in their year-end bonuses now rather than next year when they wouldn't be around to collect them.

Quite a success story.
          I liked it. Sue me.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I liked it. Sue me.
            Hey, I gave it a higher score than the Rotten Tomatoes average. Most audiences didn't seem to like it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

"Shape of an elephant!"
              "Form of a waterfall!"
              Justice League 2. It's going to be awesome.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              It isn't getting rebooted just stop. Rebooting would kill Aquaman which finished production and Wonder Woman whose sequel is filming next year. (Not to mention Shazam which is in production) You are the Flaggy of movie news just spouting clickbait and trolling.

Keep trying though...it's priceless.
              You mean the CEO didn't come out and admit he sabotaged his own company, which would be cause for immediate termination and a possible lawsuit. Knock me over with a feather.

They can easily reboot the franchise with Flashpoint. Creative writers can come up with a way to do it while keeping Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They're going to have to recast Batman anyway and who knows what's going to happen with Superman. Rebooting won't effect Shazam either way. Or Gleek.

They could do what Fox did with X-Men and just decide continuity doesn't matter.

Maybe WB should just let Patty Jenkins take over the DCEU.

Comment

Just got back from an advance screening of Jumanji. Definitely not just a rehash of the original. Creative concept and the writers brought the funny. Some of the bits left the audience in stitches. 8.5 out of 10.

Comment

Justice League 2. It's going to be awesome.

You mean the CEO didn't come out and admit he sabotaged his own company, which would be cause for immediate termination and a possible lawsuit. Knock me over with a feather.

They can easily reboot the franchise with Flashpoint. Creative writers can come up with a way to do it while keeping Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They're going to have to recast Batman anyway and who knows what's going to happen with Superman. Rebooting won't effect Shazam either way. Or Gleek.

They could do what Fox did with X-Men and just decide continuity doesn't matter.

Maybe WB should just let Patty Jenkins take over the DCEU.
                  Why would Snyder lie?

Seriously Flaggy stop. Priceless.

There weill be no reboot but there will be changes. I am a fan and i am glad by that. Flashpoint won't change anything but it is cute the click baiters troll comic fan and i am happy about it

I want Patty to do more though so we agree on that. I wanted her to do JL 2.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 12-08-2017, 09:37 PM.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Is anyone here using a "Movie Pass"?

Just curious if they have the kinks worked out and how it's going. They have a sale on them for $89 for a year. Seems like a great price.
                    MoviePass is great if you see more than one movie per month. Even one a month in some parts of the country. I was using it even before this 9.95/month price. It will be fascinating to see if this continues past 2018. The financial model they have now cannot possibly stay in business more than another year. They will either have to change the way they make money (they have several options) or they will discontinue the service. Either way, sign up now and take advantage of it while you can.

If you live in NYC, LA or another extremely high-priced market, you might want to also look at sinemia. It isn't worth it for me because ticket prices aren't that bad here, but for friends of mine in LA who shell out $23 for an IMAX seat it's worth it to have both.

Comment

Movie pass seems so shady but I am intrigued.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Why would Snyder lie?
                        Because he wants to direct again and WB has been very good to him? Nah.

Comment

Because he wants to direct again and WB has been very good to him? Nah.
                          Maybe but no. He is done with DC and most likely WB.

Reboot isn't possible. The Snyder version of the universe is dead though. Going forward it will be closer to Wonder Woman than BvS.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Movie pass seems so shady but I am intrigued.
                            They track just about everything you do at the movies, from how often you go to how early you get there. They can't quite track purchases at the concession stand but would if they could. After a year they're going to have a very valuable data set that one (or more) of the studios will pay through the nose to acquire. That could be a revenue stream for continuing the service and keep collecting data.

Comment

They track just about everything you do at the movies, from how often you go to how early you get there. They can't quite track purchases at the concession stand but would if they could. After a year they're going to have a very valuable data set that one (or more) of the studios will pay through the nose to acquire. That could be a revenue stream for continuing the service and keep collecting data.
                              Interesting...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jurassic World 2...that trailer, oh boy, not for me, this franchise appears lost. Too bad, the original books were so great.

Last Jedi, new trailer, Rey calls Ren's light saber...what the h?
                                Can't wait till Thursday night
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X