This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Wow, those look like they are going to suck.

They should just remake Gone with the Wind and have the South win. Be topical.
    Frankly Kepler, I don't give a ****.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

American Violence. 2017.

Considered a hot mess. Pretty much a hot mess. I seemed to enjoy it more than most reviews that I found after. Not sure why I even watched it. Looked for a movie last night for an hour and settled on this one. It's really two stories. One is about the death penalty and one is about the life of crime of a criminal in flashback who's on death row. Should they really kill him? And who, what kind of people, prefer the death penalty to others.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Frankly Kepler, I don't give a ****.
        "No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." -- Christopher Walken
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "More cow bell." -- Christopher Walken
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Recently watched or rewatched:
            Face Off! So terrible it's fun. Cage is great, Travolta is terrible.

American Hustle - reminded me a bit of Carlito's Way and Donnie Basco. Bale, Adams, Renner, Lawrence and Cooper are all fantastic. DeNiro was excellent in his cameo looking much like Santo Trafficante.

Kill The Messenger - Jeremy Renner and Ray Liotta (in a smaller role)...story of Gary Webb uncovering and writing on the story of the drug money that fueled the Contra war and the cia's complicity in it. I'm going to read the book for more details as I'm not terribly familiar with the story except what I just watched. Great movie and incredibly sad as to what happens to the protagonist.

Sounds to me like Gary Webb and Robert Parry were cut from the same cloth.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Face Off is great popcorn IMO. It's Travolta and Cage at their Travolta-est and Cage-est ever. Plus, Gina Gershon was still smokin' then.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Face Off is great popcorn IMO. It's Travolta and Cage at their Travolta-est and Cage-est ever. Plus, Gina Gershon was still smokin' then.
                Gina Gershon
                Enjoyed her in Killer Joe.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Black Panther was ****ing awesome!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Enjoyed her in Killer Joe.
                    I just, wteff, I mean, ok for most of the movie, but that end scene, holy I don't know what I effing saw but never again.

THAT being said, Matty McC nailed his role in that movie.

Anyone want some chicken wings?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Black Panther was ****ing awesome!
                      $192 three-day opening, fifth best of all time. Looks like about $218 for the four-day. I'm going tomorrow.

Comment

Black Panther is my second favorite comic book movie, just after Iron Man, and nosing out Captain America.

I loved almost everything about it.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dumb question of the day:

If I wanted to see Black Panther, is it a stand-alone movie, like the Wonder Woman? Being serious. If I have to tie it into anything to "get it" I am not interested.

Comment

I believe it's more stand alone.

To Marvels credit, they've done a good job of making the universe of films able to mostly stand on their own, even the sequels.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

To Marvels credit, they've done a good job of making the universe of films able to mostly stand on their own, even the sequels.
                              Thank you. I'll add it to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Yeah, this is one of those movies where it'd add to the experience having seen the other Marvel movies, but you're not going to be lost with regards to the setup coming in fresh. Very short setup, if you're interested, and this would only really help on noticing some mostly minor details:

During Capt. America Civil War, the entire setup for the Black Panther's part is as follows: Black Panther's dad dies in a bombing at an international conference. Black Panther was there, but failed to save him. Everybody but one or two people blamed Bucky, Cap's friend from his first movie that went missing, who became the Winter Soldier (90% of that movie's plot). By the end, Capt. America is able to get the Black Panther to allow Bucky into BP's country to receive treatment for having been brainwashed.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X