This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't see why. The big studios are never the ones producing the interesting and original movies or taking chances. They've always been the Pablum Purveyors. It's what they do. Why does it matter if there are only 4 instead of 5 or 6? It's still going to be a Big Mac coming off that conveyor belt.
    Because you may have an idea for a campy space opera and the three largest movie studios pass so one of the biggest franchises in cinema history never gets made; Harrison Ford remains a really good carpenter, the Indiana Jones trilogy never happens and an entire generation of nerds never gets into animation or graphic design. Industrial Light and Magic? Never exists. Terminator 2, Jurassic Park etc etc never come to be. That's why consolidation in any industry is bad.

Comment

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

As long as Road House still gets made I'm good.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        I truly believe the answer to the question of "why are we here?" is "so Road House gets made"

I wont get too deep into it but I went to the advance screening of Justice League tonight. I enjoyed the heck out of it. It is a fun popcorn superhero flick that doesnt try to be anything but that. Scooby I hope you like it
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

pain don't hurt

there's always barber college
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            pain don't hurt

there's always barber college
            nobody wins a fight

is she?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Saw Murder on the Orient Express last night. Enjoyed it immensely. Lush scenery and costuming, good acting (for the most part).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                nobody wins a fight

is she?
                Be nice.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Be nice.
                  Until its time to not be nice.

and of course

A bear fell on me...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's good to see the Golden Globes has seen fit to nominate the side-splitting Get Out for Best Comedy. That was a laugh a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      It's good to see the Golden Globes has seen fit to nominate the side-splitting Get Out for Best Comedy. That was a laugh a minute.
                      It looks to me as though the movie's producers made the strategic category choice to run against a weaker field. It worked for The Martian which won "Best Comedy or Musical."

Apparently SF and Horror do not get respect when they run in the Drama category.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

and of course

A bear fell on me...
                        I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Plan Del Fuga (Getaway Plan):

A thief expert with blowtorch is hired by a group of the Russian mob for a bank assault.

Good flick. One twist was revealed a bit too early, but it panned out. Nice little heist movie. The ending has you wondering a bit, and in most cases I don't like that, but in this case, it works. It depends on how you interpret the main character
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

and of course

A bear fell on me...
                            of course mookie brought this dvd along with him!!!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I am against this. Don't mess with a classic.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I am against this. Don't mess with a classic.
                                Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                                X