This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Saw Justice League tonight which was a letdown. It was wooden and unemotional and the cinematography was bland. The action was sufficient and there was a decent enough plot, but the CGI was atrocious especially with respect to the antagonist and the cyborg. They really should have released an Aquaman movie (like they did with WW) first, but even that might not have been enough to make me care. Also Flash's mannerisms have already been more successfully portrayed by Marvel (think part Ant Man part Spider Man) Not sure why DC so rarely comes as close to matching the Marvel magic factor but after how wonderful WW was this was a disappointment.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Yoda said that Jedi use The Force only for "knowledge and defense, never attack". Luke Force chokes some of Jabba's guards in Return of the Jedi...
      He also uses the "power of the dark side" to smash through Vader's defenses at the end. Had it not been for the Emperor's premature gloating, Luke might well have killed Vader; only the Emperor's words cooled Luke's anger.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        He also uses the "power of the dark side" to smash through Vader's defenses at the end. Had it not been for the Emperor's premature gloating, Luke might well have killed Vader; only the Emperor's words cooled Luke's anger.
        Obi Wan routinely uses "force crush" in the animated series as well. Considered to be something a Jedi would use almost never.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Yoda said that Jedi use the force only for "knowledge and defense, never attack". Luke force chokes some of Jabba's guards in Return of the Jedi...
          Wasn't that done out of necessity (In essence defense)?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Wasn't that done out of necessity (In essence defense)?
            No the first ones are just standing there...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It's a fun movie if you're not trying to take it seriously. Go into it with a Zoolander mindset, and you'll enjoy it.
              That doesn't help my opinion of either movie.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Then you're a lost, soulless man.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Zoolander gets funnier with every viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I've said the same thing. THe first time I watched it, I hated it and told my friends who forced me to watch it that they owed me two hours.

Every time I've seen it I laugh harder.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It does.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It might just be my Finnishness but Rare Exports is likely the greatest Christmas movie ever made. So glad to see it’s on Amazon Prime.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The only movie I've seen myself turn in that way is "The Big Lebowski."
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            The only movie I've seen myself turn in that way is "The Big Lebowski."
                            While it's not a comedy (unless perhaps in the archaic sense of the term) and doesn't get "funnier" with each viewing, there are two movies that I appreciate more and more every time I see them.

One is Stranger than Fiction. The way Emma Thompson's character starts out so composed, and subtly gets more and more bedraggled in appearance as the film progresses, is a wonderful touch, and the way the relationship between Will Farrell and Maggie Gyllenhaal develops is so sweet....who ever would expect to see an IRS auditor be such a charming protagonist in a movie!

The other of course is Groundhog Day. There are so many details that each are a stroke of genius.....The International Journal of Psychology even published a scholarly article on the brilliant insights into human nature explicated in that movie, it was so very well done. (link lost forever now that IJP is under new management, everything is in German now).
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Milestone alert: Sometime on Saturday in its 23rd day of release Justice League will make what Avengers made in its opening weekend. The movie has proved so successful the head of the studio has been "reassigned," the comic division has lost its autonomy and will be folded into the WB umbrella and the entire DCEU might be rebooted. One of the reasons JL went ahead in November - even though many wanted to push it because the CGI and reshoots were rushed and the film wasn't ready for release - is because the CEO and other top executives were afraid they wouldn't be there after the proposed merger and wanted the box office to be included in their year-end bonuses now rather than next year when they wouldn't be around to collect them.

Quite a success story.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Milestone alert: Sometime on Saturday in its 23rd day of release Justice League will make what Avengers made in its opening weekend. The movie has proved so successful the head of the studio has been "reassigned," the comic division has lost its autonomy and will be folded into the WB umbrella and the entire DCEU might be rebooted. One of the reasons JL went ahead in November - even though many wanted to push it because the CGI and reshoots were rushed and the film wasn't ready for release - is because the CEO and other top executives were afraid they wouldn't be there after the proposed merger and wanted the box office to be included in their year-end bonuses now rather than next year when they wouldn't be around to collect them.

Quite a success story.
                                That man's lip looked like it belonged in to a videogame from 2003.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X