This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    So....Star Wars trailer. Quick thoughts: if Ren's statement is to be taken literally he'll kill Leia. If not....I think Ren turns to the light and either Rey or Luke turn to the dark side.

Possible: Luke turns to attempt to save Ren.
    Great trailer, but Luke says it himself: this isn't going to go the way you think it is. Lots of misdirection. It was cut together very well. I wouldn't be shocked if Rey being Force-tortured was one of her visions and not real at all.

Every shot of Carrie Fisher is going to leave some of us an emotional wreck.

Comment

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Every shot of Carrie Fisher will make me angry enough at the amoral grabbiness of commerce to want to blow up the theater.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

i haven't seen that trailer you reference
        The reference is West World. It is doing a lot of what a Tyrell prequel would do, but whereas Bladerunner is a solid sophomore college course West World is a PhD seminar.

Not looking good for Ridley Scott furthering this series and quite possibly Alien either which I'm bummed about.
        Prometheus was so hamfisted, and AVP was such a tween clusterf-ck, that I'm willing to put Alien on long term hiatus until somebody fresh and interesting wants to take a swing at it.

Ridley Scott appears to be a director who is good at hatching an idea but then yields to blunt force trauma in fleshing it out in sequels. I can't imagine where I've seen that before.
        Last edited by Kepler; 10-10-2017, 09:27 AM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So....Star Wars trailer. Quick thoughts: if Ren's statement is to be taken literally he'll kill Leia. If not....I think Ren turns to the light and either Rey or Luke turn to the dark side.

Possible: Luke turns to attempt to save Ren.

As for Blade Runner 2049. What a great slow burn of a movie. They could have gotten more out of Ford but they didn't seem to know how to write the story to include a need for him. Ah well... overall I give it an A. It can stand alone.

I just hope they don't make a sequel based on a replicant revolt.
          There is no way a sequel comes. The studio will be lucky to get their money back when all is said and done.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Four Brothers:

4 foster brothers head back to Detroit to get revenge for their mother's death during a botched robbery. Great movie until about halfway through, then it goes off the rails into massive disbelief, as expected. Still worth a bag of popcorn and a couple hours.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Great trailer, but Luke says it himself: this isn't going to go the way you think it is. Lots of misdirection. It was cut together very well. I wouldn't be shocked if Rey being Force-tortured was one of her visions and not real at all.

Possible Spoiler:

There's a theory out there (apparently there are books etc.) about Gray Jedi. That seems to be where this is going. The theory makes the most sense. They talked in the original trilogy about Vader bringing balance to the Force. Balance would be a combination of light and dark.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Half Nelson:

A druggie teacher forms an unlikely friendship with one of his students, whose brother is in prison for drugs. Slow and plodding, but good. The Goose (Ryan Gosling) excels in showing the downward spiral as the teacher. It's like a Memento-light. Worth a watch.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Lay The Favorite:

A bookie hires a former private dancer to help with his operation, and it turns his luck around. Until his jealous wife finds out.

Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and a couple of other B-list folks make this just a fun movie. Apparently based on a true story, for bonus points. It's worth the 90 minutes to watch.

Comment

Happy Death Day: When I first saw the trailer I thought it looked like garbage; the typical airhead teen slasher flick to capitalize on Halloween. Then I started to see positive reviews from people I like and gave it a chance (MoviePass helped make the decision easier). It isn't a classic, but it isn't trying to be. HDD is entertaining, fun and probably worth 96 minutes of your time. I enjoyed some of the twists and unexpected turns the movie takes along the way, and the mystery will occupy your mind. Do not bother going back and trying to make sense of it after the fact. It won't hold up. The budget was under $5 million and earned over $26 million this weekend. Another winner for Blumhouse.

Comment

Untitled Han Solo Movie Solo: A Star Wars Story

Comment

Handyman: Still Doesnt Care

Disney: Nerd (pocketbook) Rapers

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'll probably see it, but it doesn't excite me at all.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I'll probably see it, but it doesn't excite me at all.
                            Having seen an OK one (7) to scrub the taste of Ep 1 out of my mouth, it can die now. The Charlie Chan movies were big once, too. Franchises have their time. SW is no longer interesting.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Handyman: Still Doesnt Care

Disney: Nerd (pocketbook) Rapers

Disney has been lying to us for years. If not lying, giving us some twisted morals.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Disney has been lying to us for years. If not lying, giving us some twisted morals.
                                Mothers die, fathers are negligent, step-mothers are evil. I don't see the problem.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X