• Show
Clear All

• Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Movie thread.
    Take 42.
    Roll film.
    Action!

Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

I remember not being terribly impressed with Blade Eunner in my film studies course back in college.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I remember not being terribly impressed with Blade Eunner in my film studies course back in college.
      World needs ditch diggers too.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A whopping five of us showed up at the Dark Knight. I really don't understand. It's free, people!

Confession: I have never seen Blade Runner all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          A whopping five of us showed up at the Dark Knight. I really don't understand. It's free, people!

Confession: I have never seen Blade Runner all the way through.
          Eh, Wednesday night, and it is a longer movie. Plus, everyone in the civilized world has seen it at least once, and it's not old enough to be a "classic."

One that I would like to see on the big screen is Wizard Of Oz. Or The Godfather.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Eh, Wednesday night, and it is a longer movie. Plus, everyone in the civilized world has seen it at least once, and it's not old enough to be a "classic."

One that I would like to see on the big screen is Wizard Of Oz. Or The Godfather.
            Haven't seen Wizard of Oz on the big screen. Godfather was excellent. I have been waiting all year to see Casablanca. I've seen it countless times, but I so want to watch the 75th anniversary print in a theater. Hands down it is the single greatest screenplay ever penned. Such outstanding dialogue and some of the most memorable lines in cinema history.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Haven't seen Wizard of Oz on the big screen. Godfather was excellent. I have been waiting all year to see Casablanca. I've seen it countless times, but I so want to watch the 75th anniversary print in a theater. Hands down it is the single greatest screenplay ever penned. Such outstanding dialogue and some of the most memorable lines in cinema history.
              What would be REALLY cool is to see an old B&W movie, maybe a double feature, complete with the newsreels they played at the time. Public Enemy, Scarface, She Done Him Wrong, etc.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What would be REALLY cool is to see an old B&W movie, maybe a double feature, complete with the newsreels they played at the time. Public Enemy, Scarface, She Done Him Wrong, etc.
                That would be great.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  That would be great.
                  It was many years before I learned they even DID that. Once I learned, I was mesmerized. To relate it to now, it'd be like watching 5 minutes of CNN/FOX/MSNBC/whatever, before a movie.

Comment

I would pay to see that.

Comment

Bladerunner is an overrated piece of dreck. I can only imagine how bad the book is...

I seriously never got why people liked it. Seeing as Ford helped make a sequel to it you can be sure that will suck too since Ford hasnt made a good movie since Air Force One.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Bladerunner is an overrated piece of dreck. I can only imagine how bad the book is...

I seriously never got why people liked it. Seeing as Ford helped make a sequel to it you can be sure that will suck too since Ford hasnt made a good movie since Air Force One.
                        Air Force One is a dressed up Con-Air in a slightly different format. And I love both.

Never saw Bladerunner. I will admit, this 2049 looks kinda cool, but then saw the title, and thought: "Well, I won't understand any of it, so fuggit."

Comment

Air Force One is a dressed up Con-Air in a slightly different format. And I love both.

Never saw Bladerunner. I will admit, this 2049 looks kinda cool, but then saw the title, and thought: "Well, I won't understand any of it, so fuggit."
                          Critic screenings have started but the embargo hasn't been lifted. Dan Murrel of Screen Junkies says you can follow the story even without seeing the original. He also said non-spoiler reviews will be a challenge because to even mention the plot gives away too much.

Comment

Bladerunner is, of course, fantastic.

The book is... well, the book sure isn't the movie, anyway. I don't like the book and it's rare that I don't like PKD.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Bladerunner is, of course, fantastic.

The book is... well, the book sure isn't the movie, anyway. I don't like the book and it's rare that I don't like PKD.
                              Agreed, Bladerunner is great. The fact Ford is in the sequel should end the argument as to whether Dekkard was a replicant obviously.

I enjoyed the book but the movie is better. Same with Minority Report.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X