X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Nope. The Golden Globes nominated it in the Best Comedy or Musical category. The Martian won that category in 2016. Remember how hilarious that movie was?
    Awards shows suck.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Awards shows suck.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibnfB2i8Z4
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Looks like Movie Pass has found a new revenue stream. They have signed a deal with Neon, distributor of I, Tonya and other small films. Certain subscribers are receiving an email from MP promoting I, Tonya. If they have not seen it within a few days they get a followup email. This not only provides MP with more revenue, but more data. Now they can point out that after they targeted their membership the I, Tonya box office increased X%. They also know that they sent the email and exactly how many of their subscribers responded, and how quickly they did.

MP also signed an agreement with iHeartRadio, so if you listen to them expect lots of MP ads. IHR will also be appearing on the MP webapp.

Comment

The Post was pretty good. Can't go wrong with Streep and Hanks.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            The Post was pretty good. Can't go wrong with Streep and Hanks.
            Looking forward to seeing that.

Settling in to see Predators again. One of the most classic of exchanges, friggin' hilarious in a dark comedy sorta way:

Stans: [to Edwin] You know, man, if we ever make it home, I'm going to do so much ****ing cocaine. I'm gonna rape so many fine *****es. I'll be like, "What time is it? After 5:00? ****. Time to go rape me some fine *****es."

Stans: You know what I'm saying?

Edwin: [humoring Stans] Oh, yeah. Totally. Like; 5:00, it's *****-raping time.

Stans: Mmm. Yeah.

[Edwin moves away from Stans and sits down next to Nikolai]

Nikolai: You should stay away from him.

Edwin: Yeah.

Comment

Red Sparrow. Saw this trailer yesterday before The Post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUL6wMpMWw

Comment

Happy Hunting:

A guy on the run from a bad meth trade ends up in a Texas (I assume)/Mexico bordertown, and finds himself involved in a hunting festival, where humans are the target. It crosses over from kind of symbolic message-sending to straight up B movie schlock and back again. It was okay, but would have been better if it really found its identity.

The Doors: When You're Strange

All archival footage, narrated by J Depp. Pretty good, although a little dry. Biopic on the Doors, honestly wanted to watch it more for the footage than anything. Can't say I'm disappointed in it, but wish there was more audio with the footage than overdubs of the music and such. A band like the Doors, live audio/video is definitely where it's at.

Comment

If I ever meet the person who did the sound mixing on Fadt & Furious (4) I’m going to punch them. I can’t hear the dialogue and all of the action scenes are drowned out horribly.

I’m not expecting a masterpiece. I’m just expecting competency.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    If I ever meet the person who did the sound mixing on Fadt & Furious (4) I’m going to punch them. I can’t hear the dialogue and all of the action scenes are drowned out horribly.

I’m not expecting a masterpiece. I’m just expecting competency.
                    I think you're missing the point on not being able to hear the dialogue.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I knew that was coming.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Devil's Knot:

About the West Memphis 3, some "satanic" kids blamed for the murder of 3 other younger kids. Did a decent job of avoiding Hollywoodization of the story, didn't find much variance between the truth and "based on" things, although I'm sure I barely scraped the surface. Worth a watch.

Comment

Top 10 Tarantino Movie Connections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr70z7-4W0Y

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Watching I, Tonya. It’s really good. My only issue with Margot Robbie playing Tonya Harding is that I think she’s way too tall for the role.
                            I enjoyed it. Yes, Margot Robbie is too tall, but her acting and some of the trick photography they did for the skating scenes covers it up. Allison Janney as her abusive, manipulative mother is the highlight of the film though.

I didn't like the 4th wall bit near the end where she calls the entire audience her abusers. That's just a wee bit over the top. For the most part, the movie avoids making her some sort of flawed/tragic heroine, but that scene didn't play well with me.

The brief scene where they clearly riffed on Robbie playing Harley Quinn is priceless though.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-20-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I Am Not Your Negro...****ing amazing. Just flat out jaw dropping amazing. And utterly depressing as well.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I Am Not Your Negro...****ing amazing. Just flat out jaw dropping amazing. And utterly depressing as well.
                                That is on my list, I really wanna see this. Have to finish up The Wire first.*

*Bad habit of mine; if I start a series that I can watch from beginning to end, there is no interrupting that until I finish it. So, my Netflix disc movie option is on hold until I'm done with the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X