Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to get rid of my copy of Requiem For A Dream. I've seen it once, the images have stayed with me, and I can't bear to see it again.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      I am going to get rid of my copy of Requiem For A Dream. I've seen it once, the images have stayed with me, and I can't bear to see it again.
      Streamers.

Understood.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm a sucker for documentaries, so I can't believe I missed this one when it was released a couple of years ago. 1971, a documentary about the break-in and theft of records from the FBI office in Media, PA, is spectacular. The movie recounts the planning that went into the break-in, the disclosure of the records to the media, the intense (and comical) FBI search for the burglars that followed, and the fallout from disclosure of the contents of the records documenting illegal FBI activities. There is a book out there about the events, but there is just something about seeing the people on the screen, talking about their deeds, that makes it more interesting.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlngZlDx0Q8

Pretty much me tonight.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I saw It again tonight. Fifth time for me. What a wonderful story. Muschietti really makes you care about those kids. Oh those kids. I so wish the Academy Awards gave a statue for best ensemble.

Despite it being a weeknight and the film in it's eighth week of release it still drew 30% of theater capacity. One of the trailers that ran before the movie was for Blade Runner - which debuted 10/6 and is already out of local theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              I saw It again tonight. Fifth time for me. What a wonderful story. Muschietti really makes you care about those kids. Oh those kids. I so wish the Academy Awards gave a statue for best ensemble.

Despite it being a weeknight and the film in it's eighth week of release it still drew 30% of theater capacity. One of the trailers that ran before the movie was for Blade Runner - which debuted 10/6 and is already out of local theaters.
              At this point, gonna wait until it hits the local discount theater (which is a solid theatrical experience, so I won't "miss" anything of these new school high-tech theaters). Should be somewhat soon.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Fail-Safe. Much scarier than any silly slasher flick, and very well-acted. Lots of future (at the time) film and TV stars to spot. Perhaps one of the last great B&W films, before everything went to color.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Fail-Safe. Much scarier than any silly slasher flick, and very well-acted. Lots of future (at the time) film and TV stars to spot. Perhaps one of the last great B&W films, before everything went to color.
                  Truly great movie. I've heard it's the rare example of a movie that is much better than the book.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    At this point, gonna wait until it hits the local discount theater (which is a solid theatrical experience, so I won't "miss" anything of these new school high-tech theaters). Should be somewhat soon.
                    there is one of those down the road from mookie's us house. the place offers 'do it yourself' butter sauce thingy for your popcorn. obviously there is a healthy line behind mookie by the time he's done couldn't wait to show it to the kids and now they gladly accompany their papa
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      When I was a kid, we used to have a $1 theater around the corner that did second-run movies. Even the popcorn & pop were cheap, but it's loooooooooong gone.

Comment

I saw Suburbicon tonight. There were three of us in the theater. When it concluded the woman asked me what I thought. I had no idea. She laughed and said she felt the same way. I was expecting so much more. A Coen brothers script directed by Clooney with Damon and Julianne Moore in the leads...it was just...boring, pointless, a complete waste of time. If I had to give it a grade I'd go Incomplete. I have no clue what the point of all that was.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          When I was a kid, we used to have a $1 theater around the corner that did second-run movies. Even the popcorn & pop were cheap, but it's loooooooooong gone.
                          I remember that; ours was $2.50.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

We have a cheap movie theater here in Anchorage that serves beer and pizza. Owned by the same guys as Mooses Tooth.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              I remember that; ours was $2.50.
                              The Baghdad in Portland and the Brattle at Harvard were the first places I went that did that.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                I saw Suburbicon tonight. There were three of us in the theater. When it concluded the woman asked me what I thought. I had no idea. She laughed and said she felt the same way. I was expecting so much more. A Coen brothers script directed by Clooney with Damon and Julianne Moore in the leads...it was just...boring, pointless, a complete waste of time. If I had to give it a grade I'd go Incomplete. I have no clue what the point of all that was.
                                This is somewhat how I felt about American Beauty, although not sure if Suburbicon is also receiving unworthy critical acclaim.

Comment

Working...
                                X