• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Back up keeper starting tomorrow.
    Maybe...and maybe not. The WTBU Sports article says:
    Coach Quinn declared that junior goalie Max Prawdzik will be in the lineup on Friday, saying simply, “you’ll see him tomorrow night.” Whether that means he will play the entire game remains unclear. Prawdzik allowed five goals on 27 shots to PEI in BU’s exhibition contest two weeks ago.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Who's Jackson?
      Hard to say, but as one other poster noted, you're a new nameplate away from a really nice, pro-quality Gilroy jersey.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      What kind of maniac cuts the fight strap out of a jersey?!?!?!?!?!
      Since technically there is no fighting in college hockey (just guys pushing really hard, hitting each other in the helmet after the whistle and grabbing each other's facemasks), BU equipment staff for many years cut the fight straps out of all their jerseys for practice and game use. This is partially because their jersey shouldn't be getting pulled over their head and they are not required to have the strap by rule in college, but also if the straps are left open when they go in the wash or when they are worn, the Velcro hooks will mess up the jerseys by continuously grabbing and releasing from the jersey material (pilling of the fabric). On the inside it's not a big deal, but they make the exterior of the jerseys look pretty awful. A lot of college teams today don't even have them put in the jerseys when they are manufactured.

Pros like Gretzky and Hull would have the equipment staff cut theirs out as well.
      http://www.meigrayselect.com/wayne-gretzky---kings.html
      Let's face it, the odds of those guys ever having to drop the gloves was pretty slim.

Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-13-2017, 03:32 PM.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        I tried it for the Union game I couldn't go to. They should always now show up on the seat map assuming it is working correctly. Here is the catch. They won't let you list the tickets for any amount less than what the arena is selling it for. For the Union game, that was $27. They then tack on a $3 fee for the buyer that shows up on the map. So your ticket will always show up on the map $3 more than the other tickets BU is selling. So pretty much, except for the BC game and maaaaybe one or two others, good luck getting your tickets sold.
        In two times mine once have and once have not shown up on the map. Speaking with the ticket office, it is a glitch that they are working on with Ticketmaster. The intention is that they should always show up on the map.

They will always show up for $3 more than any of the others, but my seats are in a pretty good location (not that there is really a bad seat in the house), but these are on the aisle near center ice, so I could see someone potentially springing the extra $3 for the location. Will be interesting to see how it goes this year with the changes. In the past the ticket exchange was almost useless as it was pretty much impossible to find. I'm glad it is brought more to the forefront now.

For what it is worth, mine have not sold for tonight, but also are not showing on the map.

Comment

Oettinger in goal. New wings for Amonte. MacLeod returns.

Crone-Carpenter-Greenway
          Tkachuk-Bowers-Harper
          Olsson-Melanson-Cockerill
          Cloonan-Amonte-Witkowski

Hickey-Kotkansalo
          Krys-MacLeod
          Farrance-Fabbro
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Nope, Quinn is quoted as saying we'll see Max tonight.
            Maybe he meant something different as Oettinger is in net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Maybe he meant something different as Oettinger is in net.
              Though the way this game is going, we may actually see Prawdzik sooner rather than later.

Comment

Are the BHB live blogs no longer a regular thing?

nevermind. Old bookmark.

Comment

Well that was pretty bad. With the exception of a bad first 1:30 of that power play that we eventually scored on, I thought we looked pretty good for the first half of the first period. Then everything fell apart. They looked like most of them were still really sick. Just no strength, couldn't stay on their skates, lost every puck battle. Bowers looked good. Oettinger at times. I'm guessing if they haven't recovered by now, they won't by tomorrow night. So I expect more of the same tomorrow.

Comment

Oh no!!! We stink again!!

And uma won AT union, so throw that close win for us out the window..
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      Well that was pretty bad. With the exception of a bad first 1:30 of that power play that we eventually scored on, I thought we looked pretty good for the first half of the first period. Then everything fell apart. They looked like most of them were still really sick. Just no strength, couldn't stay on their skates, lost every puck battle. Bowers looked good. Oettinger at times. I'm guessing if they haven't recovered by now, they won't by tomorrow night. So I expect more of the same tomorrow.
                      A lot of puzzling lineup changes tonight. D pairs were shuffled, Curry/Chabot both sat for Cloonan and Witkowski, both of whom looked completely lost in their own zone.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I didn't hear that there were players sick?

That was the worst defensive zone coverage I've seen us play in a long time. I think Farrance needs to sit tonight, in favor of either Crotty or even DIffley, as he had a lot of giveaways and mishandles. Amonte got a lot of playing time - I guess the coaches like what he is bringing. Despite getting his first goal, I also thought Greenway had a tough game - one time on the PP, rather than make an easy pass around the boards, he tried to maintain possession with three Mavericks around him. That let a giveaway and then we took a penalty to give up the PP.

Despite giving up 6 (must be a career high), Oettinger had some tremendous saves. It's too bad the team looked so inept around him.

Let's hope for a better performance tonight. MSU is obviously a good team, but we should be able to do more against them.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I would expect to see most of those watching from stands last night to be in lineup today
                          What is very disappointing is the lack of jumps forward from players as they go along on their careers
                          With 7 drafted defensemen have to expect a better performance in their own end
                          Lack of depth up front make 5-5 goals really hard to get
                          Fear that injuries have really slowed down Olsson- no impact so far this year

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            And uma won AT union, so throw that close win for us out the window..
                            Ha! I literally said this exact thing to Bomber last night!

That was a major disappointment. I thought it was going to be a fun game after the first 10 minutes. Really fast, lots of action. Mankato stopped/blocked a lot of shots. They were big and fast. It was nice to see Connor, though. Happy to hear the crowd respond when he was introduced.

Comment

I hope they're all sick because.... Oooooof. The "Give a $h!t Meter" barely moved. I mean, they ain't beating [INSERT WORSE TEAM IN D1 HERE] with that effort and horrible D zone play. And Greenway is still second half of last year Greenway. (Olympics!!!? You're talking about Olympics!!?)

And it's so freakin depressing that a University of this size and pedigree can only get 60 ****ing students to attend a Friday night hockey game in October. Beyond sad.

BU Hockey: Sad Friday
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                I didn't hear that there were players sick?

That was the worst defensive zone coverage I've seen us play in a long time. I think Farrance needs to sit tonight, in favor of either Crotty or even DIffley, as he had a lot of giveaways and mishandles. Amonte got a lot of playing time - I guess the coaches like what he is bringing. Despite getting his first goal, I also thought Greenway had a tough game - one time on the PP, rather than make an easy pass around the boards, he tried to maintain possession with three Mavericks around him. That let a giveaway and then we took a penalty to give up the PP.

Despite giving up 6 (must be a career high), Oettinger had some tremendous saves. It's too bad the team looked so inept around him.

Let's hope for a better performance tonight. MSU is obviously a good team, but we should be able to do more against them.
                                They didn't even have enough healthy players to run practice two days this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X