X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    From what I saw of Qunnipiac, I'd expect your talent to win today. Probably something like 3-1.
    I'm not optimistic either but for Quinnipiac to win this game they would need to win a low scoring game with its defense and goaltending and get some puck luck leading to a goal or 2.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Very interesting how BU is playing significantly worse hockey after a week of practice than they were with no practice.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        Very interesting how BU is playing significantly worse hockey after a week of practice than they were with no practice.
        Disappointing. I’m at Fenway watching the Sox choke away the season and it would be nice to enjoy one team playing well. Watching the game on my phone. Not liking what I’m seeing. Remember last time BU played there and BU got called for a million penalties? This year they’re getting more power plays and doing nothing with them.

Comment

That’s gotta sting for the Q.

Comment

That power play remains worrisome. But I’m glad to see them firing shots more freely.

Comment

Whew. I thought Quinnipiac dominated most of that OT. Big win. Now I can relax. And hope the Red Sox don’t cough up this lead they’re clinging to.

Comment

Boston University spoils Quinnipiac home opener with 3-2 overtime victory

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...uinnipiac.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Sub-par performance or not, a tough win on the road against a good team is always good. I'll take it. These early season OOC wins can be a difference maker in the Pairwise come selection time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                    Sub-par performance or not, a tough win on the road against a good team is always good. I'll take it. These early season OOC wins can be a difference maker in the Pairwise come selection time.
                    I watched the game on ESPN3, and aside from the overtime, thought BU carried the play. Need to figure out how to turn all the cycling into scoring opportunities. Surprised to read comments that BU didn't play well.

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                      I watched the game on ESPN3, and aside from the overtime, thought BU carried the play. Need to figure out how to turn all the cycling into scoring opportunities. Surprised to read comments that BU didn't play well.
                      I didn't see the game I was only going by what people were saying so I just assumed BU wasn't playing their best. Either way any win on the road against a tough team is a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                        I didn't see the game I was only going by what people were saying so I just assumed BU wasn't playing their best. Either way any win on the road against a tough team is a good win.
                        They definitely did not play bad. Some things to work on for sure, but QU's a difficult team to play against and did a nice job gumming up the neutral zone and blocking shots. BU did a nice job fighting through that and carried play for the better part of the game. Q made a concerted effort to try and goad our forwards into taking retaliation penalties, particularly in after the whistle skirmishes. Most of our guys kept their cool and limited Q to only 3 PPs, a good number for a team that had a lot of trouble with that last year. A good win that showed maturity.
                        Last edited by brassbonanza; 10-08-2017, 08:11 PM.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Nice road win - I caught most of it on the stream (when it wasn't cutting out or reseting).
                          - The play by play guy called us BC pretty regularly. Oh well, they did just play them.
                          - Harper obviously had a strong game. It seems clear he is ready to be a go to guy.
                          - Bobo was dominant on face-offs.
                          - I really like Cockerill's game. What a great skater, and he plays smart and is comfortable playing physical. He almost had a nice SHG today.
                          - I thought Tkachuk didn't look as good as against Union. He'll get lots of attention every game, and I'm sure he'll push through it.
                          - The first QU goal was one you don't see Jake give up very often. Pretty tough angle for him to not make the save on.

A couple solid wins to start the year. After seeing old friends Duane and Fortunato, now it is time for Lacouvee.
                          Last edited by defkit; 10-09-2017, 05:43 AM.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            old friends Duane
                            Duane was anything but an old friend out there, he was constantly gooning it up with Jordan sometimes to a pretty nasty level. He even went as far as taunting him when they got sent to the box for matching minors by making a sobbing motion. Probably good for him that the ref didn't see it. Even so, Duane took three penalties in the game so he's the one who was shooting his own team in the foot.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Yeah, I don't know that they played poorly compared to the average division I college hockey team, but they didn't play like they did against Union. They were letting QU get physical and slow them down when they should have been using their speed to overwhelm them. No speed out there at all during the game, except for Harper. QU was holding the blue line with all five players at a time and far too often they tried to skate through rather than dumping and beating them to the puck. Just seemed like an uninspired performance considering what we saw against Union.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                Yeah, I don't know that they played poorly compared to the average division I college hockey team, but they didn't play like they did against Union. They were letting QU get physical and slow them down when they should have been using their speed to overwhelm them. No speed out there at all during the game, except for Harper. QU was holding the blue line with all five players at a time and far too often they tried to skate through rather than dumping and beating them to the puck. Just seemed like an uninspired performance considering what we saw against Union.
                                Gotta disagree. It was totally different game from the opener vs. Union, a skating team. Quinnipiac is big, slower than BU and plays a center-ice trap like Merrimack and Lowell aimed at negating speed. After a few early attempts to skate through the jam—notably two attempts by Farrance—BU began chipping the puck in and getting on a forecheck. Late in the second and through much of the third period, there were more opportunities to skate or pass the puck into the zone—leading to a decided BU shot advantage. There was nothing uninspired about the effort. BU responded well most of the time to the trap and some QU thuggery—it just wasn’t free-skating hockey like the opener.

Saw a tweet today that the BU-UConn game in Hartford on the 21st has been moved to 5 p.m., so adjust your travel plans.
                                https://***********/UConnMHOC?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X