X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Following the UML home game, did Quinn say that Brandon Hickey will play in the Spengler Cup over Christmas? He said something about Hickey quickly and as an aside.
    Yes, DQ mentioned that. Also confirmed w/ another source that Hickey will be on Team Canada for the Spengler Cup (12/26 - 12/31).

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Except that seems to be trumpeted by numerous UNH lunatics!
      Far be it from me to tell you how to define lunatics - but the ONLY thing I've actually seen UNH fans get upset about is the UNH admissions office's refusal to even look at Gaudreau's application. JG visited, the UNH coaches asked for a review of his material (in case he picked UNH) and the admissions office said no, because of how late in the summer it was. That is a fact, like it or not - and I can tell you this as someone with a family member who worked in admissions for a long time (NOT at the time), who asked and confirmed for me.

At this point, I don't care who he would have chosen. Probably BC. Was I angry that UNH admissions made the decision for him because of some stupid 'regular student' standard of fairness. Yup. Does that make me a lunatic...??
      Last edited by Dan; 12-18-2017, 11:03 AM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Following the UML home game, did Quinn say that Brandon Hickey will play in the Spengler Cup over Christmas? He said something about Hickey quickly and as an aside.
        There's a holiday tournament named after Harold Ramis' Ghostbuster character???

Comment

Canada is using its roster for the Spengler cup as a tryout camp for their Olympic roster
          Raises the possibility that Hickey could be lost for the month of February

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Does that make me a lunatic...??
            If you have to ask... ;-)
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Gordie Howe hat trick for McAvoy in Bs win over CBJ.
              https://www.nhl.com/video/mcavoy-roo...516/c-55848003
              https://twitter.com/mkmolnar/status/942939238517100544
              https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/942945282370793472
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                Canada is using its roster for the Spengler cup as a tryout camp for their Olympic roster
                Raises the possibility that Hickey could be lost for the month of February
                Before the season started, I wondered if he was a candidate for the Canadian team. But then the season started. I doubt we will lose him.

Comment

Both Arizona State games are being moved to the Coyotes rink in Glendale, per ASU ticket office.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Both Arizona State games are being moved to the Coyotes rink in Glendale, per ASU ticket office.
                    I just heard only Friday. I talked to them this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      When I called the ASU guy told me both games were being moved there. Don't know if he had wrong info though.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Maybe they figured that since Keller practiced in his former team's arena last week, they would let his former team come to him this time.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Staying with the Arizona topic, Sean Maguire traded by Penguins to Coyotes.
                          https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coy...gh/c-294173446
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            That makes sense. According to the Gila River site Friday January 26 is open but the Saturday is not. Brad Paisley has a concert that night.

http://gilariverarena.com/boxoffice/calendar/?act[v]=graphical&frm[d]=2018-01-01
                            Last edited by boblav1; 12-19-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Not exactly hockey related (more pre game related) but the original Sunset is closed. Hope the Cantina is not the next to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Not exactly hockey related (more pre game related) but the original Sunset is closed. Hope the Cantina is not the next to fall.
                                Were they related? The original was the one on Brighton Ave near Harvard Ave, correct?
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X