X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    I remember BU had a pretty good player named Bruce Taylor way back when. Not a bad DB.
    he was more than a good player Ray. I didnt think you were as old as I am . He was a first round pick went on to be a very good player with the 49ers and i think made the pro bowl.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    So your saying BU Hockey this season is as bad as BC Football!!!!?? *Googles BC Football Record* My bad. Carry-on.
    i lol'ed when i read this.

Comment

• BC football has actually had a few good wins in there this season. I saw that last gm.. they played pretty good.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        But we haven't seen them lose a game since 1997!
        And we haven't contributed to the CTE epidemic either!

Comment

Lineup roulette continues. Cloonan and Phelps in, Chabot and Curry out. Melanson to first line, Diffley to top D pair. Is he picking numbers out of a hat at this point?
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I know there was speculation awhile ago regarding Hickey's absence from the lineup. Quinn said a couple weeks ago that he had a broken hand. Also a couple weeks ago, Max Prawdzik reported that Sean Maguire missed the 14-15 season due to prolonged concussion issues. I thought someone back then said he'd had back surgery.

That's all my outdated news for now.

Comment

Tkachuk-Greenway-Melanson
              Cockerill-Bowers-Harper
              Crone-Carpenter-Amonte
              Cloonan-Phelps-Olsson
              Krys-Diffley
              Kotkansalo-Fabbro
              Farrance-Hickey
              Oettinger

Re Bruce Taylor: He was NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1970.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                I know there was speculation awhile ago regarding Hickey's absence from the lineup. Quinn said a couple weeks ago that he had a broken hand. Also a couple weeks ago, Max Prawdzik reported that Sean Maguire missed the 14-15 season due to prolonged concussion issues. I thought someone back then said he'd had back surgery.

That's all my outdated news for now.
                We knew about the concussion
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well that was unexpected...

Didn't tune in until 6-3, so I saw 1 BC goal and 1 ENG. I'll catch the replay unless good highlights come out.

There must have been 8 passes I saw by BU that made it look like they were playing with Vaseline on their blades...half whiffs all over the place.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    I remember BU had a pretty good player named Bruce Taylor way back when. Not a bad DB.

All kidding aside, is NU bringing back football ? I saw a sign with a picture of a football field where they're building a new field near Mathews across the railroad tracks.
                    Yes All Pro DB with 49ers. Also Billy Brooks, Chris Lindstrom, Pat Hughes, Butch Byrd, Jim Jensen and even the punter from their last team Brad Costello played pro.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Well that was unexpected...

Didn't tune in until 6-3, so I saw 1 BC goal and 1 ENG. I'll catch the replay unless good highlights come out.

There must have been 8 passes I saw by BU that made it look like they were playing with Vaseline on their blades...half whiffs all over the place.
                      What a weird team.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        What a weird team.
                        dude, just be happy.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          dude, just be happy.
                          Ha, I am definitely happy we won. I just think our team is bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            So your saying BU Hockey this season is as bad as BC Football!!!!?? *Googles BC Football Record* My bad. Carry-on.
                            More to the previous seasons and early this season it was bad. But 2nd half they did play better to my delight. After beating FSU, Virginia and Louisville, they should have beaten NC State at home.

I heard Addazio was told to let someone else call the offensive plays or else. BC football could have been better if they had a better coach in recent years.

His recruiting, game managing decisions have been a subject of great debate in his tenure at BC. I am glad BC did better in the last 4 or 5 games but still not sold Addazio should be retained as coach.

BU hockey has not had a rut like the BC football team. BC will never win the NC but we expect better. How often in the past did we upset ranked teams ?

Notre Dame was #1 and under Coughlin BC played well in the early 90s. Under Bicknell and Flutie BC was even ranked 4th in the polls. BC upset Texas in the 70s when UT was #1 and had Earl Campbell and Ray Clayborn on that Texas team under coach Royal.

BC over the years put players in the NFL but BC under Addazio has been mediocre for the most part. I have been going to BC games since I was a kid and know they are capable of playing better under the right AD and coach.

I say AD because some of the ADs like GDF have been terrible and ruined many of our varsity teams for both men and women.
                            Last edited by BCeagle; 12-02-2017, 12:55 AM.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              BC over the years put players in the NFL but BC under Addazio has been mediocre for the most part.
                              Let me just chime in here if I may (even though I am not a BC grad). I'm not going to revisit the entire "Big East exit" debacle, but they ARE in one of the toughest conferences in the country. And I would speculate that the academic standards are, should we say, not "compatible" with the rest of the schools in that conference. In other words, why would an elite player go to BC when they can go to Clemson? People up here have to get this notion out of their heads that "We're better than everyone else and why would anyone NOT want to come here?" It's ridiculous to bring up someone like Flutie, a once in a generation player, in the same sentence as BC being able to "compete" in that conference on a year by year basis.

Regarding Addazio, I remember seeing a clip from a press conference very early in the year after another resounding loss. He was incredibly passionate and talked about how he BELIEVED in this team and that they WERE going to have success. There was something about that which seemed to galvanize the team, almost as if the players said, "Hey, this guy has our back and is not going to throw us under the bus." After that, they seemed to respond and play much better, almost like a Georgetown "Us against the world" mentality. And don't forget, their starting QB was injured.

So I don't think you should throw the baby out with the bath water. If what you say about the play calling is true, that might be enough. I wouldn't jettison the coach just because of the play calling - it sounds like they addressed and rectified the "issue."

Just my opinion...what the heck, BU doesn't have football anymore

Comment

Okay, enough BC football talk.

Last night was certainly unexpected. They’ll probably score 1 goal tonight. Prove me wrong BU.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X