X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    I see the BU Women's basketball team beat BC a couple days ago. Take a cue Men's Hockey.
    Apparently they have a pretty good freshman.

Comment

One glimmer of hope for this season - '89-'90 team started off 9-10-1 before making their great run to the F4 that season.

On another interesting random note that team dropped both single elimination games, but won all three best of three series after dropping the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
        One glimmer of hope for this season - '89-'90 team started off 9-10-1 before making their great run to the F4 that season.

On another interesting random note that team dropped both single elimination games, but won all three best of three series after dropping the first game.
        That team's roster included Tony Amonte, Shawn MacEachern and Joe Sacco.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Some cold hard facts on a Wednesday in late November:

- The highly touted (Top 10 pick!) first line left wing has one goal (Why is he still on the first line?)
          - The highly touted (He's going to the Olympics!) first line center plays hard 20% of the time
          - The leading scorer needs to build chemistry with line-mates to best utilize his skill (he's on a different line every other game)
          - The third line center is a top 6 forward (and the team's leading goalscorer) What's he doing on the third line?
          - The offensive plan doesn't properly utilize the speed of the two new speedy forwards (One a Senior transfer, the other wearing a legendary hockey number.)
          - The Freshman D could all switch uniforms and who would notice?
          - The phenom goalie has not been playing to phenom level

BU Hockey: Fix Me
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Some cold hard facts on a Wednesday in late November:

- The Freshman D could all switch uniforms and who would notice?
            - The phenom goalie has not been playing to phenom level

BU Hockey: Fix Me
            Farrance has been much better moving the puck and forward than the other two freshmen D.

Oettinger has been phenomenal in some games, not so in others.

Comment

Mookie was in the elevator earlier today and a rider commented “the t shirt is in good shape for being so old”

Mookie thanked him and then got ****ed

Was wearing the 09 national champs shirt
              (Should have has the 94 national champs on )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mookie was in the elevator earlier today and a rider commented “the t shirt is in good shape for being so old”

Mookie thanked him and then got ****ed

Was wearing the 09 national champs shirt
                (Should have has the 94 national champs on )
                LSSU?? Or the 3rd-world country-bound "other batch" of championship shirts?
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  LSSU?? Or the 3rd-world country-bound "other batch" of championship shirts?

Just like the 19-0 patsies

Comment

New THFB post previews Saturday’s 40th anniversary reunion of the 1978 national champions and Tim Rappleye’s chronicle of that raucous, tumultuous and heartbreaking season: Jack Parker’s Wiseguys. Post includes a book excerpt and an original book review. http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...on-on-tap.html
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Saw on tweet machine BK has video which while be shown after 2nd period on 78 champ game

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        New THFB post previews Saturday’s 40th anniversary reunion of the 1978 national champions and Tim Rappleye’s chronicle of that raucous, tumultuous and heartbreaking season: Jack Parker’s Wiseguys. Post includes a book excerpt and an original book review. http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...on-on-tap.html
                        Sometimes I hate these because it reminds me how terrible the team is. For example in football, they always go back to so and so game when they upset #1 in the country and you look at the present mediocre situation.

I go to most of the football games and it has been painful in recent years.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          I go to most of the BU football games too....oh, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            I go to most of the BU football games too....oh, wait...
                            But we haven't seen them lose a game since 1997!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              But we haven't seen them lose a game since 1997!
                              I remember BU had a pretty good player named Bruce Taylor way back when. Not a bad DB.

All kidding aside, is NU bringing back football ? I saw a sign with a picture of a football field where they're building a new field near Mathews across the railroad tracks.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Sometimes I hate these because it reminds me how terrible the team is. For example in football, they always go back to so and so game when they upset #1 in the country and you look at the present mediocre situation.

So your saying BU Hockey this season is as bad as BC Football!!!!?? *Googles BC Football Record* My bad. Carry-on.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X