X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why is six afraid of seven? cause seven eight nine!!
    Why is butter so dangerous? Because it's "meant to kill ya" (some knowledge of Spanish required).

I figured if we are going to tell bad dad jokes, I would join in the fun.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Excited to see the freshman tomorrow. My gut is telling me that Crone is flying under the radar. I think he will have similar point totals that Harper had last year. If Tkachuk is expected to be a top 5 pick next year, gotta think he will get 40 points and should get at least 25 out of Bowers. There has been a lot of talk about not as much high end talent but I think it is still there and hopefully there is more depth with Melanson and cross our fingers healthy Olsson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
        The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

Sean
        Paul Fenton?
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
          The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

Sean
          Paul Fenton?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            Paul Fenton?
            No, Paul only played three seasons and wore #12 all three.

Originally posted by Hurl82 View Post
            Not many players made it through all four years during that time period -- was he from Pointe Claire?
            Yes, he was.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
              Excited to see the freshman tomorrow. My gut is telling me that Crone is flying under the radar. I think he will have similar point totals that Harper had last year. If Tkachuk is expected to be a top 5 pick next year, gotta think he will get 40 points and should get at least 25 out of Bowers. There has been a lot of talk about not as much high end talent but I think it is still there and hopefully there is more depth with Melanson and cross our fingers healthy Olsson.
              I've never seen him play, but a while back I suggested that Crone might be 2nd line material, just based on his improvement in the USHL and the fact that he is an older freshman. If Bowers is as strong a two way center man as we hear, the coaches might be willing to pair him up with one or two other freshmen (Crone and Tkachuk?). That would let Quinn put out a line of Bobo with Greenway and Harper.

On defense, I wonder who sits this first game? The shoe ins (assuming no one is injured) are Hickey, Krys, and Fabbro. The Quinn has to pick three from: MacLeod, Farrance, Crotty, Kotkansalo, Diffley, and Switzer. I'm assuming the last two are going to sit, just based on last year. So then, who of MacLeod and the 3 freshmen sits? I think it will be Crotty for this game.

I'm excited for the game!
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Agreed. I would think Union would have an advantage in this scenario with their older players and more of the same team coming back from last season.
                Sure, but Union also had the advantage last January with 7 players gone so............... don't read much into it I guess is my point

Comment

Also, it's finally GAMEDAY

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I've never seen him play, but a while back I suggested that Crone might be 2nd line material, just based on his improvement in the USHL and the fact that he is an older freshman. If Bowers is as strong a two way center man as we hear, the coaches might be willing to pair him up with one or two other freshmen (Crone and Tkachuk?). That would let Quinn put out a line of Bobo with Greenway and Harper.

On defense, I wonder who sits this first game? The shoe ins (assuming no one is injured) are Hickey, Krys, and Fabbro. The Quinn has to pick three from: MacLeod, Farrance, Crotty, Kotkansalo, Diffley, and Switzer. I'm assuming the last two are going to sit, just based on last year. So then, who of MacLeod and the 3 freshmen sits? I think it will be Crotty for this game.
                    Quinn talked up Crone at the summer fan gathering and on Inside BU Hockey #1, it sounded like he would join Bowers and Tkachuk on a line. Grand Forks Herald reporter Brad Schlossman (covers UND) frequently saw Crone at Fargo and thinks he'll be a very productive D1 player.

MacLeod is a lock for a regular spot, too. If I had to venture a guess for the third pairing, it would be Farrance with Diffley (experience) or Kotkansalo (muscle).
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

mookie may take a nap before firing up the computer to watch. watching chelsea & man city though now so not sure when it's going to be sleepy time.....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        mookie may take a nap before firing up the computer to watch. watching chelsea & man city though now so not sure when it's going to be sleepy time.....
                        When do you think Palace will score a goal?

Comment

11 F, 7 D dressed for tonight? Are they rotating a D on the 4th line?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            11 F, 7 D dressed for tonight? Are they rotating a D on the 4th line?

Phelps is injured. Is Witkowski any good? Surprised Curry isn't on the 4th line.

Comment

Whoa.... didn't know I needed sunglasses
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                When do you think Palace will score a goal?
                                sometime this season (have to, no?)
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X