Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 496

Thread: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

  1. #21
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    3 wasn't used last season and 9 wasn't used two seasons ago. However, 7 was a great guess, but is currently in second, just a season less than the current leader.

    I thought I answered this the last time you asked. I have 24 players who wore #25 (25 if you count J.D. Carrabino during the year he had to sit out). Of those 10 (11 counting Carrabino) switched to a different number, while 4 switched to #25. Here are the numbers I have for each jersey number:
    #2
    8 switched from
    11 switched to
    3 switched to and then from
    #3
    5 switched from
    6 switched to
    #4
    5 switched from
    8 switched to
    #5
    4 switched from
    6 switched to
    1 switched to and then from
    #6
    9 switched from
    2 switched to
    #7
    5 switched from
    9 switched to
    1 switched to then from
    #8
    7 switched from
    3 switched to
    #9
    3 switched from
    7 switched to
    1 switched to then from
    #10
    6 switched from
    7 switched to
    1 switched to then from
    #11
    3 switched from
    11 switched to
    #12
    7 switched from
    9 switched to
    2 switched to then from
    #13
    2 switched from
    1 switched to
    #14
    7 switched to
    6 switched from
    2 switched to then from
    1 wore for home games only as a freshman
    #15
    3 switched from
    5 switched to
    #16
    7 switched from
    7 switched to
    #17
    5 switched from
    8 switched to
    #18
    4 switched from
    3 switched to
    #19
    6 switched from
    8 switched to
    #20
    7 switched from
    1 switched to
    #21
    5 switched from
    9 switched to
    1 switched to then from
    #22
    7 switched from
    2 switched to
    #23
    5 switched from
    2 switched to
    #24
    5 switched from
    #25
    10 switched from
    4 switched to
    #26
    2 switched to
    #27
    10 switched to
    #28
    2 switched to
    #29
    2 switched to
    #30
    1 switched to
    #31
    1 switched to
    #33
    2 switched from
    #35
    1 switched from

    By the way, one player wore four different numbers during his BU career: 20, 7, 16, 27. Can you name him?

    Sean
    Shane Johnson?

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    52

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Boomer Ewing??
    Proud WBA - Section 9 Alumnus

    Where's your girlfriend, number 3??

    Cookie hyphen puss..

  3. #23
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Good golly, miss Molly?

  4. #24
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Shane Johnson?
    Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

    Quote Originally Posted by fleabags View Post
    Boomer Ewing??
    Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
    The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyFive View Post
    Thanks. It's not showing on the schedule, but hopefully they'll add it by Saturday.
    There's now a "Watch" link on the schedule page, linking to watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network . Scroll down to find the game. Saturday's game link is https://watchstadium.com/live/union-...on-university/

  6. #26
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    I find the numbers thing very interesting. I thought it was just me that felt that certain numbers make a player seem quicker/slicker/not sure how to describe it. But I feel like if you take a player who wears 7 and give them 6, they will look slower. Same with 8.

    The difference in moves to and from 6 and 7 back up that feeling, though who knows why the players themselves actually change.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  7. #27
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,804

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I find the numbers thing very interesting. I thought it was just me that felt that certain numbers make a player seem quicker/slicker/not sure how to describe it. But I feel like if you take a player who wears 7 and give them 6, they will look slower. Same with 8.

    The difference in moves to and from 6 and 7 back up that feeling, though who knows why the players themselves actually change.
    Gambler's fallacy :P
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,137

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

    Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
    The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

    Sean
    Not many players made it through all four years during that time period -- was he from Pointe Claire?

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    There's now a "Watch" link on the schedule page, linking to watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network . Scroll down to find the game. Saturday's game link is https://watchstadium.com/live/union-...on-university/
    Great! I see it now. Thanks!

  10. #30
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I find the numbers thing very interesting. I thought it was just me that felt that certain numbers make a player seem quicker/slicker/not sure how to describe it. But I feel like if you take a player who wears 7 and give them 6, they will look slower. Same with 8.

    The difference in moves to and from 6 and 7 back up that feeling, though who knows why the players themselves actually change.
    why is six afraid of seven? cause seven eight nine!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  11. #31
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why is six afraid of seven? cause seven eight nine!!
    Why is butter so dangerous? Because it's "meant to kill ya" (some knowledge of Spanish required).

    I figured if we are going to tell bad dad jokes, I would join in the fun.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    195
    Excited to see the freshman tomorrow. My gut is telling me that Crone is flying under the radar. I think he will have similar point totals that Harper had last year. If Tkachuk is expected to be a top 5 pick next year, gotta think he will get 40 points and should get at least 25 out of Bowers. There has been a lot of talk about not as much high end talent but I think it is still there and hopefully there is more depth with Melanson and cross our fingers healthy Olsson.

  13. #33
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

    Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
    The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

    Sean
    Paul Fenton?

  14. #34
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Shane only wore two numbers, 6 & 27.

    Bryan also only wore two numbers, 10 & 27.
    The player who wore 4 different numbers played from 1978-82.

    Sean
    Paul Fenton?

  15. #35
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Paul Fenton?
    No, Paul only played three seasons and wore #12 all three.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurl82 View Post
    Not many players made it through all four years during that time period -- was he from Pointe Claire?
    Yes, he was.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials

  16. #36
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz View Post
    Excited to see the freshman tomorrow. My gut is telling me that Crone is flying under the radar. I think he will have similar point totals that Harper had last year. If Tkachuk is expected to be a top 5 pick next year, gotta think he will get 40 points and should get at least 25 out of Bowers. There has been a lot of talk about not as much high end talent but I think it is still there and hopefully there is more depth with Melanson and cross our fingers healthy Olsson.
    I've never seen him play, but a while back I suggested that Crone might be 2nd line material, just based on his improvement in the USHL and the fact that he is an older freshman. If Bowers is as strong a two way center man as we hear, the coaches might be willing to pair him up with one or two other freshmen (Crone and Tkachuk?). That would let Quinn put out a line of Bobo with Greenway and Harper.

    On defense, I wonder who sits this first game? The shoe ins (assuming no one is injured) are Hickey, Krys, and Fabbro. The Quinn has to pick three from: MacLeod, Farrance, Crotty, Kotkansalo, Diffley, and Switzer. I'm assuming the last two are going to sit, just based on last year. So then, who of MacLeod and the 3 freshmen sits? I think it will be Crotty for this game.

    I'm excited for the game!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Agganis 115
    Posts
    376

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Agreed. I would think Union would have an advantage in this scenario with their older players and more of the same team coming back from last season.
    Sure, but Union also had the advantage last January with 7 players gone so............... don't read much into it I guess is my point

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Agganis 115
    Posts
    376

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Also, it's finally GAMEDAY

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I've never seen him play, but a while back I suggested that Crone might be 2nd line material, just based on his improvement in the USHL and the fact that he is an older freshman. If Bowers is as strong a two way center man as we hear, the coaches might be willing to pair him up with one or two other freshmen (Crone and Tkachuk?). That would let Quinn put out a line of Bobo with Greenway and Harper.

    On defense, I wonder who sits this first game? The shoe ins (assuming no one is injured) are Hickey, Krys, and Fabbro. The Quinn has to pick three from: MacLeod, Farrance, Crotty, Kotkansalo, Diffley, and Switzer. I'm assuming the last two are going to sit, just based on last year. So then, who of MacLeod and the 3 freshmen sits? I think it will be Crotty for this game.
    Quinn talked up Crone at the summer fan gathering and on Inside BU Hockey #1, it sounded like he would join Bowers and Tkachuk on a line. Grand Forks Herald reporter Brad Schlossman (covers UND) frequently saw Crone at Fargo and thinks he'll be a very productive D1 player.

    MacLeod is a lock for a regular spot, too. If I had to venture a guess for the third pairing, it would be Farrance with Diffley (experience) or Kotkansalo (muscle).

  20. #40
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    mookie may take a nap before firing up the computer to watch. watching chelsea & man city though now so not sure when it's going to be sleepy time.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •