This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Where are the apathy busters when you need them?

I ain't 'fraid of no losing streak!

BU Hockey: Quiet
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Really tough to overcome a poorly coached team even with a lot of talent. Either you have a 30 year old captain like we did in 2009 or you're asking 18 and 19 year olds to coach themselves. There's a reason why Umile has coached for 50 years without winning a title.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Really tough to overcome a poorly coached team even with a lot of talent. Either you have a 30 year old captain like we did in 2009 or you're asking 18 and 19 year olds to coach themselves. There's a reason why Umile has coached for 50 years without winning a title.
        But he was the "hand-picked" successor and the best fit for the job...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          But he was the "hand-picked" successor and the best fit for the job...
          Hey I'll take my lumps on this one as well. Was really excited to get rid of Parker's corpse and replace it with Quinn. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Hey I'll take my lumps on this one as well. Was really excited to get rid of Parker's corpse and replace it with Quinn. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
            IMHO, Parker could coach but had lost the ability to motivate and relate. I worry the opposite may be the case with DQ. But I haven't given up. Let's see how the team responds to a tough start to the season.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

In case you missed this...
              https://***********/TheDraftAnalyst/...79768269692933
              Terriers miss him.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                IMHO, Parker could coach but had lost the ability to motivate and relate. I worry the opposite may be the case with DQ. But I haven't given up. Let's see how the team responds to a tough start to the season.
                That's exactly what I was going to say. If you accept the fact that DQ was a better recruiter (because as you said, Parker had lost the ability to relate), that would explain why they were still winning. DQ gets the players and Parker coaches them. The problem now could be that one of those variables has been "weakened." Although I still say (and I know it's a broken record - for those of you who don't know what a "record" is, it's like a CD only it's vinyl and is played on a record player with a stylus ) they need more "older" leadership. You can't win with an "all-star" team. There aren't enough pucks to go around and by nature "great" players tend to want to dominate and not become "role players." After four years of this, one would think he would start to understand and "adjust" his recruiting strategy. So I'm not putting it ALL on the coaching at this point. I would like to see a team that better reflects the "balance" of a Lowell, or a Denver (or even a Mankato or Providence) before I make that evaluation.

Comment

That's exactly what I was going to say. If you accept the fact that DQ was a better recruiter (because as you said, Parker had lost the ability to relate), that would explain why they were still winning. DQ gets the players and Parker coaches them. The problem now could be that one of those variables has been "weakened." Although I still say (and I know it's a broken record - for those of you who don't know what a "record" is, it's like a CD only it's vinyl and is played on a record player with a stylus ) they need more "older" leadership. You can't win with an "all-star" team. There aren't enough pucks to go around and by nature "great" players tend to want to dominate and not become "role players." After four years of this, one would think he would start to understand and "adjust" his recruiting strategy. So I'm not putting it ALL on the coaching at this point. I would like to see a team that better reflects the "balance" of a Lowell, or a Denver (or even a Mankato or Providence) before I make that evaluation.
                  While your point in years past has been very true about the lack of experienced players, roughly 50% of the skaters regularly seeing playing time this year are upperclassmen.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    In case you missed this...
                    https://***********/TheDraftAnalyst/...79768269692933
                    Terriers miss him.
                    And did you see McAvoy's assist on the Bruins lone goal on Saturday? https://www.nhl.com/video/marchands-...420/c-53980303

And yet, last year's team....

BU Hockey: Searching for Answers
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Enough with the young immature talk- nobody say McAvoy and keller are too young for NHL
                      the problem is lack of year to year improvement from current players
                      Hickey, Greenway, Olsson, McLeod, Phelps, Difley, Cloonan, Curry
                      Other teams develop players who were barely a factor in early years
                      Prime example the last two years is Sikura at Northeastern

Comment

Vinyl is making a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK!!! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Cassettes as well.

And there's a Tkachuk, Amonte, and Krys on the Terriers. It's deja vu all over again!
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

It Happened!!!!

Comment

No surprise, but Keller wins NHL rookie of the month for October. 15GP 9-6-15

Comment

Working...
                                X