• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I did say 2018...
    ....trickery!!!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      (who eat our freshmen's lunch).
      When I originally posted that I thought it would be an accomplishment. I'll still view it that way (hell we got rolled by Maine), but you all are sure making that difficult.

Lowell is on a two week bye before playing BU, so lots of rust
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        so being 6-10-1 will help how?!?!

(and already lost easy games to easy teams like easy umo and tied easy unconn AT HOME!!!)
        ((so lets not break out the popsicles just yet for that easy schedule.... ))
        and I'm the sandbagger

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          and I'm the sandbagger
          Sandbagging is when you say that while in first place in the league with a five point lead and an 8 or 9 game undefeated streak. It’s not sandbagging when your team is under .500 and plummeting out of the top 20. We’ve had this conversation before.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            and I'm the sandbagger
            no, you're the guy who tells out of towners to shop at the airport

mookie is the guy who eats olives for dinner

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              no, you're the guy who tells out of towners to shop at the airport

mookie is the guy who eats olives for dinner
              And likes happy endings!
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                And likes happy endings!
                Mookie is a happy guy

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Pretty much set now that BU need to win hea tournament to make NCAA tourney at this point.
                  From a mathematical perspective, this is laughably wrong. If you want to argue that the product on the ice indicates a big change/turnaround would be necessary to get an at-large bid, then you've got a better argument. But we are absolutely not relegated to the autobid from a "simple math" perspective.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

If anyone is looking to pick up tickets for Saturday, the ticket office released a ton of tickets last week and many are still available. They must have been holding those tickets for the partial season ticket packages that they were promoting included a ticket to the BC game.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      From a mathematical perspective, this is laughably wrong. If you want to argue that the product on the ice indicates a big change/turnaround would be necessary to get an at-large bid, then you've got a better argument. But we are absolutely not relegated to the autobid from a "simple math" perspective.
                      He never said they were mathematically eliminated. I took his comment as being from a reality based perspective. Sure, if BU wins all the rest of their games, we all know they will get an at-large. We know that won't happen though and I agree with Mookie that BU needs to win the autobid. Most years I would say the team had a bit more time to turn things around, but HEA's poor NC record will put any conference team with double digit losses in jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                        He never said they were mathematically eliminated. I took his comment as being from a reality based perspective. Sure, if BU wins all the rest of their games, we all know they will get an at-large. We know that won't happen though and I agree with Mookie that BU needs to win the autobid. Most years I would say the team had a bit more time to turn things around, but HEA's poor NC record will put any conference team with double digit losses in jeopardy.
                        Yeah, at what point would they become mathematically eliminated? I really can't imagine BU getting an auto bid with, say, 12 losses. Not with HE being so down this year. Sweeping the next four would go a very long way towards saving the season. I think there might be a 1% chance of winning the next four.

Comment

Last year (and I think that was a pretty normal year) 7 teams with at least 11 losses got at-large bids, including 2 from a fairly weak Big 10. It's not Panic Day for you yet. Panic Day Eve, maybe, but not Panic Day.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Last year (and I think that was a pretty normal year) 7 teams with at least 11 losses got at-large bids, including 2 from a fairly weak Big 10. It's not Panic Day for you yet. Panic Day Eve, maybe, but not Panic Day.
                            Big Ten had a 0.583 non-conference record last season. Hockey East is 0.469 this year versus 0.573 last year. Only one auto-bid with more than 12 losses and that was a NCHC team.
                            Really impossible to predict the Pairwise this far out but I would say 4 more losses at most would put them in auto-bid territory and 3 would put them on the bubble.

Comment

Big Ten had a 0.583 non-conference record last season. Hockey East is 0.469 this year versus 0.573 last year. Only one auto-bid with more than 12 losses and that was a NCHC team.
                              Really impossible to predict the Pairwise this far out but I would say 4 more losses at most would put them in auto-bid territory and 3 would put them on the bubble.
                              Good points, but the Big's record last year was boosted by a lot of Penn State and Ohio State wins over Atlantic Hockey, wins that boosted the league's percentage, but didn't really help for Pairwise purposes. I would agree that if you have 12 losses, you better be in the NCHC, or you're going to need some luck.

Comment

Assuming the next four go like we think they will (disastrously bad for BU), I think Quinn should start focusing on next season during the break. Let's develop players for next year, start installing a completely new offense, (like that'll ever happen ....) etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X