Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    He may be BU's best player so far.
    Bobo would like a word with you.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

With hockey east not having a TV contract this year it is interesting to note individual schools making contracts with NESN
      Already Harvard has announced a deal with NESN and now Merrimack has announced 3 home games to be broadcast nationally on NESN
      It is an approach BU used to make
      Also on a totally different subject it was painful to Bobo our most consistent forward playing with Cloonan (no goals in 2 years) and Cockerill (No goals)
      on the third line over the weekend. It is time to play your best players together to try to generate some scoring

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
        With hockey east not having a TV contract this year it is interesting to note individual schools making contracts with NESN
        Already Harvard has announced a deal with NESN and now Merrimack has announced 3 home games to be broadcast nationally on NESN
        It is an approach BU used to make
        Also on a totally different subject it was painful to Bobo our most consistent forward playing with Cloonan (no goals in 2 years) and Cockerill (No goals)
        on the third line over the weekend. It is time to play your best players together to try to generate some scoring
        No radio. No TV. Is this 1935?

Bobo must have misssed curfew Friday night and that was his punishment.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          No radio. No TV. Is this 1935?

Bobo must have misssed curfew Friday night and that was his punishment.
          No radio? I listened to the game at UConn.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            No radio? I listened to the game at UConn.
            You did? On one of these? *******https://www.google.com/search?q=radi...kJvRM:********
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Nice of the Monday Hockey East Blog to not mention us. (They're calling Lowell done. If Lowell's done...)

I don't want to to get too dramatic in November, but I think this upcoming weekend is important for the Terriers. Lose 'em both, and.... (Cue the band)
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

I have the app on my iPad and listened to game when I was traveling to Orlando a couple of years ago and it was clearer than trying to listen on the radio in my car.

Comment

Oh, no, the internet-radio.

Comment

A few observations after 10 games:

Their record doesn't quite bother me as much as this BU seem clearly seems to lack "it". They don't appear to be a tough team to play against, a team that makes life difficult for their opponent.

The mental breakdowns in their last 2 losses that have led to untimely goals (the buzzer-beater NU scored & the egregious Cloonan giveaway behind his own net -> PC goal to start the 2nd @ PC) have been beyond frustrating and frankly, shouldn't be tolerated. Such giveaways IMO are a trait of an ill-prepared team.

This is also a dull and ineffective team to watch. D-zone coverage has been all over the place. The lack of grade-A chances and odd-man rushes created on offense.

For all of the apparent successes in recruiting, a couple of points to consider are:

1. High roster turnover. BU lost 7 of its 15 forwards on last year's roster, and have 7 new forwards & 3 new defensemen on this year's roster. It's not the expected early departures as much as the rotisserie of depth players & surprise departures (JFK, Bellows) that cause roster instability. Last season the turnover was similar in scale, although it was a larger Senior class that needed to be replaced, but returning players who played regularly like Baillargeon & Fortunato left the program to play elsewhere.

2. Max Letunov ending up at UCONN and Henrik Borgstrom ending up at Denver. BU & DU were all-in on Borgstrom, and then the 2016 Regionals game happened which (according to sources) swayed Borgstrom to DU. Borgstrom would've very likely made a similar impact in BU's lineup as he has at DU.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      A few observations after 10 games:

Their record doesn't quite bother me as much as this BU seem clearly seems to lack "it". They don't appear to be a tough team to play against, a team that makes life difficult for their opponent.

The mental breakdowns in their last 2 losses that have led to untimely goals (the buzzer-beater NU scored & the egregious Cloonan giveaway behind his own net -> PC goal to start the 2nd @ PC) have been beyond frustrating and frankly, shouldn't be tolerated. Such giveaways IMO are a trait of an ill-prepared team.

This is also a dull and ineffective team to watch. D-zone coverage has been all over the place. The lack of grade-A chances and odd-man rushes created on offense.

For all of the apparent successes in recruiting, a couple of points to consider are:

1. High roster turnover. BU lost 7 of its 15 forwards on last year's roster, and have 7 new forwards & 3 new defensemen on this year's roster. It's not the expected early departures as much as the rotisserie of depth players & surprise departures (JFK, Bellows) that cause roster instability. Last season the turnover was similar in scale, although it was a larger Senior class that needed to be replaced, but returning players who played regularly like Baillargeon & Fortunato left the program to play elsewhere.

2. Max Letunov ending up at UCONN and Henrik Borgstrom ending up at Denver. BU & DU were all-in on Borgstrom, and then the 2016 Regionals game happened which (according to sources) swayed Borgstrom to DU. Borgstrom would've very likely made a similar impact in BU's lineup as he has at DU.
                      Great post, but now I'm depressed.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I have the app on my iPad and listened to game when I was traveling to Orlando a couple of years ago and it was clearer than trying to listen on the radio in my car.
                        I didn't know about the app. But still have to use data.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

FWIW, I thought Letunov would be in the NHL by now. He was an older freshman (I think, drafted maybe a whole year before entering NCAA?), and what is he now, a junior? Without looking at his yearly totals, my sense is that his production has tailed off, or at least leveled off. When we lost him, I thought of him as a two and done-type of player.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Nik Olsson suspended for Friday’s game by Hockey East after hit to the head this past Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              BU should really go to the tiered pricing structure that BC uses. Sell the upper corner seats for $10 a pop. It was great to be able to walk up to Conte on a night BU wasn't playing and buy a ticket for less than the cost of a movie.
                              Upper corner seats at Conte are obstructed view; Agganis has no obstructed view seats.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                How about cheaper parking in the garage ?
                                You likely don't recall, but BU did raise parking from $10 to $12 dollars a number of years ago before rolling it back to $10. Parking for non-BU sports events at Agganis are $15-$25.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X