X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    From the Freep:

“We don’t have [sophomore forward Patrick] Harper, we don’t have [freshman defenseman David] Farrance so … not only have we not practiced it as a group, but we put people in places that they’re really not comfortable in so I thought it hurt us that we had all those power plays to be quite honest with you,” Quinn said.

It is January, right? The team started practicing in October. I hate when coaches make excuses to the press. Just say: "We need to be better" and move on.

Also, is Farrance hurt?
    I believe both Farrance and Harper are sick.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Yeah, read the flu bug is going thru the team and Coach canceled practice on Thursday.

Any update on Fabbro?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Yeah, read the flu bug is going thru the team and Coach canceled practice on Thursday.

Any update on Fabbro?
        Only thing I heard was Quinn's quote after the game that preliminary indications are that it's not too serious.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Grier a scout now? Pretty sure he's at BC game

Comment

Oh and poor mookie. Still has to put up with Mike Tomlin as coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              Also I did take a look at their schedule and realized they have not won two games in a row yet. Of their final 12 games, 8 are against Hockey East's current bottom 5 teams (7 against the bottom 4) and 2 are against the 47th team in the Pairwise. Yet I'd be shocked if they go even 6-6 over that stretch.
              And the Clarkson Golden Knights have won 14 in a row. Wait, what!?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                "The negativity around here sucks." - some ex-BU coach.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Ain’t this the truth. My God...
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Ain’t this the truth. My God...
                    The standard is the standard

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Grier a scout now? Pretty sure he's at BC game
                      Grier is an asst at St Sebs. Not sure if he works as a scout. Did see Brett Petersen at the game today. I know he works games for agency he works for. Not sure if he has a scout gig also.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                        Grier is an asst at St Sebs. Not sure if he works as a scout. Did see Brett Petersen at the game today. I know he works games for agency he works for. Not sure if he has a scout gig also.
                        Grier is a Blackhawks scout in addition to this job at St. Seb's.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          As weird as this may sound, I think this is the year David Quinn finally figures out how to beat Merrimack. Assuming they don't mail it in against ASU, I think they could win 4 in a row.
                          I know MC swept last year, but I was surprised that in the last 10 regular season games, they are 4-4-2 against the Terriers (BU smoked them a couple times in the playoffs).. Should be a good series.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            And THIS performance was a new low, even for his standards...

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              I know MC swept last year, but I was surprised that in the last 10 regular season games, they are 4-4-2 against the Terriers (BU smoked them a couple times in the playoffs).. Should be a good series.
                              Again, The Hack are a bunch of 24 year-old undrafted MEN. How the heck are our highly drafted KIDS supposed to compete against them? #UnFair #Sad

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Besides Harvard, the rest of your schedule is an absolute laugher. No idea if you'll take advantage of it but the opportunity is there. I also don't know how much winning these crap games will help in the PWR. I'll leave that to the experts. At the very least, a chance to solidify your Hockey East positioning for when the league has it's royal rumble to determine the one NCAA tournament team

Comment

Working...
                                X