X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    No they didn’t..
    Don't **** with Scarlet when it come to the facts!

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I think that is allowed. We wore red for the opening of Agganis, and i think I’ve seen UNH wear their blues at home.
      I wouldn’t argue with Scarlet, but as to UNH, it has become an annual thing to wear the blues for the BU game.
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        How long ago did the NHL switch to using darks at home? 6 or 7 years ago? They used to where whites at home. The oddity was that the Bruins were in their Darks, which was very rare at the time (Brickley/Galley/Moog time frame).
        No. It's gone back and forth. The NHL teams wore their dark uniforms, for example, in the 60s up until 1970 Take a look at the famous Bobby Orr photo when they clinched the cup in 1970. Then the rule was changed (purportedly so the home fans could see a "variety" of visiting team colors instead of just white all the time)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          No they didn’t.. They wore the red candy canes (now their apparent regular away jersey) at home the night they dedicated the Jack Parker rink. They wore the red “throwbacks” at Walter Brown when they played the USA Junior team when Eichel was on that team.
          Fine, the more important part of my point being that we have worn the reds at home at least a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            ...I guess there’s a rule against it, but I’d also like to see the scarlet at home with visitors wearing whites.
            The last time I looked, the NCAA rule book mandated that the visiting team must wear dark-colored jerseys while the home team must wear light-colored jerseys. There is also a provision to reverse this when both teams agree to do so in advance and before the start of the season. Light-colored is further defined as white, yellow, gold, or light blue.

I'm too lazy to research if that rule has been changed in recent years but I think not.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The orig jerseys are now considered throw-backs. I know, let's throw it back to 2000 when the names were curved (like the Red Wings).

I do love the 50's era all reds with the stripped socks. So choice. (Which they wore at home this year against Denver for the red-out game.)
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                The orig jerseys are now considered throw-backs.
                Which brings up another question (and I’m serious about this). For a time I believe the rules mandated that the name of the school be printed in the front in something similar to “block” lettering with no logos. BU complied by removing the Terrier from the front of the sweater. But since then other schools have bought them back (two offhand would be Maine with the picture of the black bear and UNH with the wildcat). For a time BC had that giant eagle on the front with NO lettering. Why can’t we bring back the Terrier logo on the front beneath “BOSTON” ??? Why do we need the number on the front? Most teams don’t have that...

Comment

Nice night at the US Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony. A decidedly BU-centric event. Both Jack and Scott Young with great speeches. Lots of Jack’s former assistant coaches in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    ...For a time I believe the rules mandated that the name of the school be printed in the front in something similar to “block” lettering with no logos. BU complied by removing the Terrier from the front of the sweater. But since then other schools have bought them back (two offhand would be Maine with the picture of the black bear and UNH with the wildcat). For a time BC had that giant eagle on the front with NO lettering. Why can’t we bring back the Terrier logo on the front beneath “BOSTON” ??? Why do we need the number on the front?...
                    The rule in question (2-1b) only requires identifying numbers at least 10" high on the back and at least 4" high on the front OR sleeves. It does not specifically require the name of the school and is silent on ornamentation, such as representations of mascots or similar things. The current wording goes back as far as I can remember (which is more years than I want to remember). That being said, I can't rule out that it might have prohibited ornamentation at some distant point in the past. (I'm old, but not that old.)
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      The last time I looked, the NCAA rule book mandated that the visiting team must wear dark-colored jerseys while the home team must wear light-colored jerseys. There is also a provision to reverse this when both teams agree to do so in advance and before the start of the season. Light-colored is further defined as white, yellow, gold, or light blue.

I'm too lazy to research if that rule has been changed in recent years but I think not.
                      I'll be darned, I really didn't think this was right but you are correct, it's in there in rule 9.1 and was highlighted in FAQ on Uniforms and Contest Delays 2017-18
                      7. What are the rules about uniform colors for opposing teams?
                      Rule 9.1 covers the colors of the uniforms: “The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys
                      and stockings; the home team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings. Uniform numbers
                      must be a light colored number on dark jerseys and a dark colored number on light jerseys. All
                      players of each team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey. Light-colored jerseys
                      (e.g., white, gold, yellow or light blue) may be worn during the regular season by the visiting
                      team only when the teams have agreed before the game. If the teams are unable to agree, the
                      visiting team will wear dark-colored jerseys.”

8. Is it possible for the visiting team to wear their home (colored) uniform?
                      Yes, this is possible, when the teams agree under Rule 9.1 If they do not agree, the visiting
                      team shall wear dark-colored jerseys.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Which brings up another question (and I’m serious about this). For a time I believe the rules mandated that the name of the school be printed in the front in something similar to “block” lettering with no logos. BU complied by removing the Terrier from the front of the sweater. But since then other schools have bought them back (two offhand would be Maine with the picture of the black bear and UNH with the wildcat). For a time BC had that giant eagle on the front with NO lettering. Why can’t we bring back the Terrier logo on the front beneath “BOSTON” ??? Why do we need the number on the front? Most teams don’t have that...
                        How about do the logical thing and put "University" on there or at least a "U". I'll be honest the newish Rhett mascot is fairly cool and would look good on the front but BU may be in need of a logo refresh/rebrand and push that through to the hockey uniform. But.... I know the traditionalists lose their minds during these things at any school as we saw with BC when they overhauled the logo in the summer of 2000.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I know, let's throw it back to 2000 when the names were curved (like the Red Wings).
                          And the numbers were enormous and "blocky" (was that the same season or a different one?). I was NOT a fan of either of those changes.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Fabbro made the CN team along with 2 other NCAA players.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Weren't those Red Wings style jerseys so hated that they switched back away from them during the season?
                              Go BU!

Comment

Following the UML home game, did Quinn say that Brandon Hickey will play in the Spengler Cup over Christmas? He said something about Hickey quickly and as an aside.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X