X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    ok.
    Ok, what's your solution to fixing the problem with the team?

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

End of the day this is a college niche sport. Prices shouldn't be north of 20 each

What does volleyball charge?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Prices shouldn't be north of 20 each
        +1

Should be minor league baseball prices.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          Ok, what's your solution to fixing the problem with the team?
          Not a clue.

Comment

The seats are sold. When I went on line on Thursday I had trouble finding 4 together, so I think the issue is with hockey PR. Comparing Ice Hockey to any other sport at BU is ridiculous, volleyball? Please! Do you know the kind of donations and gifts that are made to the hockey program? BU is a 5 time national champion in NCAA hockey and has walls lined with the names of some of the best players ever to lace up skates and play in the NHL, with to many Olympians to even count. Nearly the Yankees of NCAA Hockey! I paid $100 for 4 tix in a Me plus 3 deal and another 10 to park and 40 on food and for $150 bucks you cant find a better value in live sports entertainment in this nation unless you purchase the tix next week at Matthews for $15 each and get free parking. The fact is hockey is expensive, the cost of the electricity needed to make the ice, maintain the equipment, the arena and pay the insurance policy for catastrophic injury is likely several million. Thus Tic prices can't be less expensive. I think the issue is this Jack Parker made hockey at BU a priority not only for the administration but for the student body as well. You are a good team and numbers are down, but BU won't be down for long and those stands will fill up again, I guarantee it. Nice win for us tonight I wont gloat but lets face it, really hardly ever happens so I will enjoy it and if you want to see an empty barn come to Matthews next week. LOL!
            Last edited by RossiRules; 11-04-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              +1

truth be told less than that. minor leagues are professional. baseball is a mainstream sport.

Worcester echl hockey (a higher level than ncaa. maybe 1/2 of the guys dressed last night can play at this level. maybe more. just look at last year's roster) are 30 ON THE GLASS. 25 low level mid ice. 22 ends where they shoot 2x. rest are 20-17-15. so that is your ceiling. figure it out.

kalamazoo is much much lower, but we can use Worcester since the northeast is a bit higher priced.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                The seats are sold. When I went on line on Thursday I had trouble finding 4 together, so I think the issue is with hockey PR. Comparing Ice Hockey to any other sport at BU is ridiculous, volleyball? Please! Do you know the kind of donations and gifts that are made to the hockey program? BU is a 5 time national champion in NCAA hockey and has walls lined with the names of some of the best players ever to lace up skates and play in the NHL, with to many Olympians to even count. Nearly the Yankees of NCAA Hockey! I paid $100 for 4 tix in a Me plus 3 deal and another 10 to park and 40 on food and for $150 bucks you cant find a better value in live sports entertainment in this nation unless you purchase the tix next week at Matthews for $15 each and get free parking. The fact is hockey is expensive, the cost of the electricity needed to make the ice, maintain the equipment, the arena and pay the insurance policy for catastrophic injury is likely several million. Thus Tic prices can't be less expensive. I think the issue is this Jack Parker made hockey at BU a priority not only for the administration but for the student body as well. You are a good team and numbers are down, but BU won't be down for long and those stands will fill up again, I guarantee it. Nice win for us tonight I wont gloat but lets face it, really hardly ever happens so I will enjoy it and if you want to see an empty barn come to Matthews next week. LOL!
                so seeing 1 or 2 guys who will make it to the nhl at some point is comparable to nhl ticket prices?!? aic doesn't use electricity or gas to light their barn and make ice? or Waltham high school?

no, NO, insurance policy is a million a year? seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                  BU won't be down for long and those stands will fill up again, I guarantee it.
                  Maybe you should get a job in the marketing department...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Maybe you should get a job in the marketing department...
                    ..maybe he also needs to lay off the cheap stuff..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      +1

BU should really go to the tiered pricing structure that BC uses. Sell the upper corner seats for $10 a pop. It was great to be able to walk up to Conte on a night BU wasn't playing and buy a ticket for less than the cost of a movie.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

How about cheaper parking in the garage ?

Even to skate there on Sundays for Stinkysocks, they charge for parking and the fee is a bit high for a pickup game.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          BU should really go to the tiered pricing structure that BC uses. Sell the upper corner seats for $10 a pop. It was great to be able to walk up to Conte on a night BU wasn't playing and buy a ticket for less than the cost of a movie.
                          you know.... that is really a wise comparison to start. a movie is a better time out with better quality (not to really take anything away from the play, but seriously..... these aint professionals). same comfy seats. it's is entertainment after all.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            so seeing 1 or 2 guys who will make it to the nhl at some point is comparable to nhl ticket prices?!? aic doesn't use electricity or gas to light their barn and make ice? or Waltham high school?

no, NO, insurance policy is a million a year? seriously?
                            Yes as a matter of fact this was all outlined to alumni in the site master plan for the project in 2000-01, the projected monthly cost for the electricity needed for the refrigeration alone (to only make the ice in building with a temp of 65 degrees was estimated to be in excess of 10k a month for 18 hours of cooling, a typical MDC rink is $2500 if the rink is unheated (like Waltham) add more to this budget, for all of the electricity for the concessions, general facility and outdoor lighting, ancillary lighting and the emergency power batteries for temp illumination in the event of a power failure. Think about it some more. Agganis is really more like a smaller Boston Garden and based on its size it likely has costs more in scale to that facility and not the Waltham MDC.

Lots of mathematics here the more people in the house the warmer it gets, also the ice at BU is then covered for concerts and other uses of the venue, this increases the BTU load or the ice melts. And yes the umbrella insurance policy premium for a public multi purpose arena with 7000 seats is easily in the millions in this day and age, it covers the fans, students and spectators from injuries as well as the players, and event staff from everything to slip and falls to any law suit as a result from getting hit with a puck or killed in a terrorist attack. I am an alumni of both BU and NU and I am sure you can find the info thru BU in the annual report.
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 11-05-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

mookie's ticket reads sol if you get hit by something

Comment

Don't they have smart people who evaluate what to charge in order to maximize ticket revenue? They probably don't care about maximizing attendance for atmosphere reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X