This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Just saw that tonight’s game is on one of those Fox Sportd channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Yes, it is. Fox College Sports (Pacific)

Comment

And i totally forgot that Comcast got rid of them. I used to have all of them.

Comment

Prawdzik is in goal again for tonight's game. Same line-up as the UNH game except Crone in for Phelps at LW4.

Tkachuk-Greenway-Carpenter
          Cockerill-Bowers-Harper
          Curry-Melanson-Amonte
          Crone-Cloonan-Chabot
          Krys-Fabbro
          Farrance-Crotty
          Diffley-Kotkansalo
          Prawdzik
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Three games in a row out for Hickey, second for Olsson (voluntarily). Are they legitimately hurt or benched?
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Excellent. Thanks...because I downloaded the video player from the Maine website but it is not installing correctly. I have DirecTV - it's on Channel 608-1

Comment

This is like watching a game from the 1970s. I guess we've been spoiled by technology, and specifically HD. It's like each end of the screen has been cut off...

Comment

Maybe I should just cut off the entire screen...I think this season is lost. You can't keep saying "they'll come together" after awhile forever. This Jekyll and Hyde trend is getting ridiculous. Apparently they're just going to be a .500 team all year. And at some point we can't keep saying it's the coach's fault. They have supposedly had the "best" recruiting classes (or close to the best) for the last three years. "Great" players find a way to get the job done. I see no sense of urgency with this team at all. They shouldn't need external motivation (unless, of course, they're only thinking about their pro careers...after all, it's four years before they get to the pros...oh, wait...)

Comment

The gimmick-y lineup that worked last week against UNH isn't cutting it tonight.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Maybe I should just cut off the entire screen...I think this season is lost. You can't keep saying "they'll come together" after awhile forever. This Jekyll and Hyde trend is getting ridiculous. Apparently they're just going to be a .500 team all year. And at some point we can't keep saying it's the coach's fault. They have supposedly had the "best" recruiting classes (or close to the best) for the last three years. "Great" players find a way to get the job done. I see no sense of urgency with this team at all. They shouldn't need external motivation (unless, of course, they're only thinking about their pro careers...after all, it's four years before they get to the pros...oh, wait...)
                      Team is a dreadful embarrassment and not worth a minute of your support. Coaches and upperclassmen should be ashamed . Winter is coming for this program. Attendance will crash, players will leave and coaches soon to depart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        Team is a dreadful embarrassment and not worth a minute of your support. Coaches and upperclassmen should be ashamed . Winter is coming for this program. Attendance will crash, players will leave and coaches soon to depart.
                        But that's what worries me. Given the trend towards academics at the expense of athletics (not that they have to be mutually exclusive), I don't have a lot of confidence that once it goes South it can ever be the same again. Not sure the commitment is there. To me it's more sad than embarrassing. Something is only embarrassing when people make enough effort to be good and fall short. This is more like just "fading away." I'm not even sure anybody in the administration really is losing any sleep over hockey. And if I'm wrong about that, somebody please enlighten me. We all saw what happened with football.

On the other hand, this could be a glass half-empty viewpoint. But in order for that to be proven wrong, "someone" needs to address the issues. I'm not really sure that anybody is "willing" to do that. It's the elephant in the room that nobody seems to want to talk about and I think we all know what I'm referring to. If you're not too sure and/or would like an opinion from an "objective" non-invested source, go read a few recent post-game posts on the Maine thread...

(apparently it's very cold up at Alfond...but nice coat...)

Comment

J f c
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            But that's what worries me. Given the trend towards academics at the expense of athletics (not that they have to be mutually exclusive), I don't have a lot of confidence that once it goes South it can ever be the same again. Not sure the commitment is there. To me it's more sad than embarrassing. Something is only embarrassing when people make enough effort to be good and fall short. This is more like just "fading away." I'm not even sure anybody in the administration really is losing any sleep over hockey. And if I'm wrong about that, somebody please enlighten me. We all saw what happened with football.

On the other hand, this could be a glass half-empty viewpoint. But in order for that to be proven wrong, "someone" needs to address the issues. I'm not really sure that anybody is "willing" to do that. It's the elephant in the room that nobody seems to want to talk about and I think we all know what I'm referring to. If you're not too sure and/or would like an opinion from an "objective" non-invested source, go read a few recent post-game posts on the Maine thread...

(apparently it's very cold up at Alfond...but nice coat...)
                            It will end up like the Maine program depressed for decades. BC is riding it out with better coaching they will always over achieve compared to their talent level/age and know how to develop kids. Name some BU players who have developed well over 2 3 4 years. Look at Olsson for example hurt or not he was better as a FR. Hickey no progression. Oettinger getting worse. Greenway zero improvement. McAvoy instantly better as soon as left BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              It will end up like the Maine program depressed for decades. BC is riding it out with better coaching they will always over achieve compared to their talent level/age and know how to develop kids. Name some BU players who have developed well over 2 3 4 years. Look at Olsson for example hurt or not he was better as a FR. Hickey no progression. Oettinger getting worse. Greenway zero improvement. McAvoy instantly better as soon as left BU.
                              A tough position to be in, given all the hype about the "hand-picked successor." But some people are just better in different roles. For example, IMO Josh McDaniels should not be a head coach (even though I'm sure he will "try" again)...he's a great offensive coordinator. Everyone is not always meant to be at the top of the totem pole. Some people are better in different roles. But you're right in the sense that the "situation" is "embarrassing" because at some point it is going to have to be addressed. What good is it to recruit this kind of talent if it isn't being developed?

Comment

0-6 on the power play, two goals against a ****ty Maine team? What a great coach! Meanwhile, a BC team with literally no talent keeps winning. Fire Quinn.

Comment

Working...
                                X