X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    definitely some talented kids.. just figuring it out.. its a curve.
    Yes...a BIG curve apparently...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Yes...a BIG curve apparently...
      Yeah I don't know how much is a curve and how much is they're just not that good. Quinn needs to quit it with the lineup roulette. Guys looked like they were disinterested and beaten down. Looks like they're having no fun and don't want to be out there.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
        Good to see the team come out with some urgency in a league game tonight.
        yeah, very urgent . What the heck is going on over there?

Comment

• Re: Attendance

Current state of BU hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Yeah I don't know how much is a curve and how much is they're just not that good. Quinn needs to quit it with the lineup roulette. Guys looked like they were disinterested and beaten down. Looks like they're having no fun and don't want to be out there.
            this sounds like what some of you wrote at the end of JP's reign

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Key phrase is "they're" not that good. The whole is not always greater than the sum of its parts. That's the coach's job...to extract the maximum productivity from the talent. Because they certainly have talented individuals...unless ALL of the "experts" that rank these guys are wrong...
              Last edited by chickod; 11-10-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

You normally would think there would be some big time benchings coming up but can they? They can't keep piling up the losses. Hockey East's brutal OOC means maybe only 3 teams in the NCAA? Does a double digit loss HEA team make it in this year?

That said, it looks like NU is for real this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Hockey East's brutal OOC means maybe only 3 teams in the NCAA?
                  To steal a line from Jim Mora.... "Playoffs?!?!?!?!?!"

Comment

• Re: Attendance

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Current state of BU hockey:

I could watch this all night.
                    Originally posted by owslachief
                    Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      thx sour grapes..
                      anyway, gluck in the coming gms, i think they'll get better some, deeper the season goes . definitely some talented kids.. just figuring it out.. its a curve.
                      How is that sour grapes? It's reality. BU and David Quinn suck ***. I've been saying it for a long time. It doesn't mean you're any good just because you beat BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        How is that sour grapes? It's reality. BU and David Quinn suck ***. I've been saying it for a long time. It doesn't mean you're any good just because you beat BU.
                        ok.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          Well, it kinda means they're good as they're ranked 7th in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Key phrase is "they're" not that good. The whole is not always greater than the sum of its parts. That's the coach's job...to extract the maximum productivity from the talent. Because they certainly have talented individuals...unless ALL of the "experts" that rank these guys are wrong...
                            Recruiting prowess isn't as impactful if players recruited don't develop and/or leave to find opportunities at other programs or in MJs. Not to say that with these guys BU would've been world-beaters, but I think JFK, Bellows, Andren and even McDermott returning to BU this year would have at least resulted in a deeper, more experienced forward corps. 6 of the forwards in tonight's lineup are 1st year players at BU. Guys like Bowers & Tkachuk would have had room to grow into bigger roles. Guys like Amonte, Crone and/or maybe even Cockerill may have played another year in the BCHL or USHL before coming to BU as 19-20 year olds instead of as 18-19 year-olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              Recruiting prowess isn't as impactful if players recruited don't develop and/or leave to find opportunities at other programs or in MJs.
                              Agreed. I have been saying that for at least three years (to considerable resistance). Talent alone doesn't win, but the team with more talent SHOULD win more often than not if they have any leadership and/or cohesion. That's where experience comes in. Everyone needs role players who will suppress their egos and do the things it takes to win, like going to dirty areas to get pucks and taking hits to make plays. I see a lot of non-productive energy...pucks sent to open ice with nobody there, confusion on coverages and some of the most inaccurate passing of any BU team ever. These are all "correctible" but it is going to take recognition and commitment to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Agreed. I have been saying that for at least three years (to considerable resistance). Talent alone doesn't win, but the team with more talent SHOULD win more often than not if they have any leadership and/or cohesion. That's where experience comes in. Everyone needs role players who will suppress their egos and do the things it takes to win, like going to dirty areas to get pucks and taking hits to make plays. I see a lot of non-productive energy...pucks sent to open ice with nobody there, confusion on coverages and some of the most inaccurate passing of any BU team ever. These are all "correctible" but it is going to take recognition and commitment to resolve.
                                I don't think talent is an issue as much as player development. Some upperclassmen not improving, perhaps pigeonholed and buried on the depth chart b/c of the prioritization of recruiting and developing the "shiniest toys" available for the NHL instead of following the 1+1+1+1+1 > 5 team-building model.

Comment

Working...
                                X