This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
    The seats are sold. When I went on line on Thursday I had trouble finding 4 together, so I think the issue is with hockey PR. Comparing Ice Hockey to any other sport at BU is ridiculous, volleyball? Please! Do you know the kind of donations and gifts that are made to the hockey program? BU is a 5 time national champion in NCAA hockey and has walls lined with the names of some of the best players ever to lace up skates and play in the NHL, with to many Olympians to even count. Nearly the Yankees of NCAA Hockey! I paid $100 for 4 tix in a Me plus 3 deal and another 10 to park and 40 on food and for $150 bucks you cant find a better value in live sports entertainment in this nation unless you purchase the tix next week at Matthews for $15 each and get free parking. The fact is hockey is expensive, the cost of the electricity needed to make the ice, maintain the equipment, the arena and pay the insurance policy for catastrophic injury is likely several million. Thus Tic prices can't be less expensive. I think the issue is this Jack Parker made hockey at BU a priority not only for the administration but for the student body as well. You are a good team and numbers are down, but BU won't be down for long and those stands will fill up again, I guarantee it. Nice win for us tonight I wont gloat but lets face it, really hardly ever happens so I will enjoy it and if you want to see an empty barn come to Matthews next week. LOL!
    Not sure why you get a special deal on tickets but I’m looking at the ticket I bought for BU’s game at Matthews on Friday and it says $25.

I really can’t stand when people ***** here about ticket prices here when ticket prices at Agganis are pretty much in line with every other school. I mean, really. Merrimack charges $25. And given the attendance issues, you know there should be no problem walking up to buy a ticket and boy paying the TM fees. Face value for my non-club seat ticket for last night’s game was $21. So, are season tickets actually cheaper per game than single game seats?

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      A. I'd rather watch a .500 team with not good players than a team that might eventually turn it around and lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
      No you wouldn't and if you do, drive a few miles down the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        I'd rather watch a .500 team with not good players than a team that might eventually turn it around and lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

I agree. Lucky for us this team about .500, has more than a few not good players and I see no reason to expect them to turn it around and make the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Following on the post below, if I were DQ, I would go with this for the next 5-6 games and see if things start gelling (I agree that the constant changes make it a challenge):

Harper-Carpenter-Tkachuk
          Crone-Bowers-Greenway
          Olsson-Curry-Cockerill
          Phelps-Chabot-Amonte/Melanson/Cloonan

I think Crone has the skill to be on the top 2 lines, it just hasn't clicked for him yet. Melanson hasn't really done a lot to impress, his speed has not been much of a factor. Cloonan is almost a year and a half into not scoring a goal. I like Amonte's game generally, but he still has some work to do.
          It was another night of line roulette. (At this point, I'm pretty sure he's just pulling names out of a hat.) Enough.

They need a consistent top 6 up front and a consistent top 4 on the backend. Pick 4 guys for the third line and physical grinders for the 4th. (Cloonan is Scott Perry. I'm done with him.) Then, show them lots of video of the 2009 team. Perhaps then they'll figure out how to pass the puck, go to open space and go hard to the net.

I'm getting pumped for that UNH-Maine Hockey East Final! #UpsideDownHE

BU Hockey: This isn't BU Hockey
          Last edited by Bomber; 11-05-2017, 01:26 PM.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            It was another night of line roulette. (At this point, I'm pretty sure he's just pulling names out of a hat.) Enough.

They need a consistent top 6 up front and a consistent top 4 on the backend. Pick 4 guys for the third line and physical grinders for the 4th. (Cloonan is Scott Perry. I'm done with him.) Then, show them lots of video of the 2009. Perhaps then they'll figure out how to pass the puck, go to open space and go hard to the net.

I'm getting pumped for that UNH-Maine Hockey East Final! #UpsideDownHE

BU Hockey: This isn't BU Hockey
            Spot on. As I watched last nights game, I couldn't help but notice how few chances ever come from a rush into the zone. EVERYTHING ends up in a corner, and they try to beat teams with the cycle, which is not working at this point (this is where the lack of chemistry comes in - many times we have two behind the net and only one in front, which leads to Tkachuk and Greenway trying wrap-arounds too often). The only odd man rush I recall last night was Greenway with someone (Bowers?) shorthanded, and as I immediately predicted to myself, Greenway held the puck too long and the lone d-man stuffed him out before he could hit the streaking Bowers. Why are there so few chances on the rush? Is team defense in D-1 just too good these days to expect a Bates/Grier/O'Sullivan type of offensive rush?

Also, lots of Lucic-like hands of steel on this team.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Not sure why you get a special deal on tickets but I’m looking at the ticket I bought for BU’s game at Matthews on Friday and it says $25.

I really can’t stand when people ***** here about ticket prices here when ticket prices at Agganis are pretty much in line with every other school. I mean, really. Merrimack charges $25. And given the attendance issues, you know there should be no problem walking up to buy a ticket and boy paying the TM fees. Face value for my non-club seat ticket for last night’s game was $21. So, are season tickets actually cheaper per game than single game seats?
              They aren't in line though. Merrimack charges $20 for non-premium games, $15 for kids plus no TM fees. I walked up and bought a BC ticket for $10 for BC-QU. A Northeastern reserved ticket for a non-premium game is $15. PC charges the same for a non-premium game. UNH is $16 for adults, $12 for youth. Agganis has stuck to this insistence that a ticket in the last row of 106 should be priced identically to a mid-level ticket at center ice. Not to mention even if you walk up to Agganis to buy a ticket to avoid TM fees, you still have to pay a $2 facility fee. So the basement price to get in last night, unless you did that me plus three nonsense, was $25 per ticket, no difference in price for seat location or for youth.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The silver lining of the reduced attendance is never having to pay those TM fees. Other than BC, no sellouts, can buy a ticket walking up.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

What are single game ticket prices? I added two for the Denver game and paid $30/ticket on the Agganis website with no fees. At least no fees were listed.

Comment

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hoc...ckey-carpenter

Why is BU struggling?
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Spot on. As I watched last nights game, I couldn't help but notice how few chances ever come from a rush into the zone. EVERYTHING ends up in a corner, and they try to beat teams with the cycle, which is not working at this point (this is where the lack of chemistry comes in - many times we have two behind the net and only one in front, which leads to Tkachuk and Greenway trying wrap-arounds too often). The only odd man rush I recall last night was Greenway with someone (Bowers?) shorthanded, and as I immediately predicted to myself, Greenway held the puck too long and the lone d-man stuffed him out before he could hit the streaking Bowers. Why are there so few chances on the rush? Is team defense in D-1 just too good these days to expect a Bates/Grier/O'Sullivan type of offensive rush?

Also, lots of Lucic-like hands of steel on this team.
                      I've noticed the same thing. It's very difficult to generate drive out of your d-zone when you consistently lose the battles for possession of the puck and end up chasing the opposition. These guys have all they can do to clear the puck to center ice.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

They need a consistent top 6 up front and a consistent top 4 on the backend. Pick 4 guys for the third line and physical grinders for the 4th. (Cloonan is Scott Perry. I'm done with him.) Then, show them lots of video of the 2009 team. Perhaps then they'll figure out how to pass the puck, go to open space and go hard to the net.
                        100% agree on Cloonan. I don't understand his insistence on keeping him in the lineup. He's a great skater but can do literally nothing else, a complete nonfactor offensively. I too would like to know where Chabot is, whether he's injured or just scratched. We seem to have plenty of small speedy forwards available, that more of the gritty guys like Chabot who've shown an ability to put the puck in the net in the past would balance that. For the life of me I can't figure out why he chose last night as the game to give Diffley a chance. A terrible matchup for him against a fast highly-offensive team. Much less in favor of Farrance. I also do not understand his insistence on keeping Kotkansalo in the lineup every night, he's not necessarily bad but certainly not outstanding. Would be nice to get McLeod's physicality back in there. It must be incredibly frustrating for the players to have this constant shuffling going on, making it impossible for those at the bottom of the depth chart to figure out what they need to do to stay in the lineup each night.

Two misconducts in three games for Hickey might deserve a benching for a night as well.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Two misconducts in three games for Hickey might deserve a benching for a night as well.
                          Which shows he gives a ****. He'll be fine. Coaches will talk to him about not going over the line again.

Can we trade Defensemen and 2 forwards for a scorer?
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Shane Bowers traded to Colorado as part of Matt Duschene deal.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              He may be BU's best player so far. He skates hard, he hits, he takes reasonable chances, he isn't afraid to put his body at risk.
                              And he is obviously passionate and takes his leadership role seriously.

I wish more Terriers played with his attitude, not less.

Whatever he said to Benedetto, he deserved even worse.
                              I wish Quinn would show some emotion as well. He doesn't have to be Parker. But a little emotion on the bench wouldn't hurt.

Comment

GQ may mess up his hair if he threw a nutty
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X