This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

He's totally ****ing clueless. We didn't win because we gave up too many odd-man rushes? Really? Not because we had literally no hope of scoring goals 5x5 set up in the zone?

“I thought we generated offense. *I thought we defended hard in our end. What I didn’t like was I thought we gave up too many odd-man rushes. We got to absolutely clean that up. Puck management is a problem for us right now, but I love the pace we played at…It's just frustrating because we just haven't been able to score goals."”

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      I don't want to be a broken record, but David Quinn sucks at being a head coach. The more practice time they get, the worse they become. Absolutely no semblance of a coherent team offense. It's much worse than last season.

Also, the attendance sucks, the atmosphere is non-existent, the between period entertainment is literally the stupidest stuff I've ever seen.
      Completely agree with all of this. Hopefully we will have a repeat of 2009 real soon where the talent is so great that the coaching doesn’t matter.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
        Completely agree with all of this. Hopefully we will have a repeat of 2009 real soon where the talent is so great that the coaching doesn’t matter.
        The talent was great, but the leadership on that team was even better.

Comment

Yah!!! GQ remembers how to coach again!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Keller looks so good at the next level. Last year's team was so frustrating.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Brought my niece to the UConn game last night. Two minutes in, when it was 2-0,she tells me she’s a good luck charm. I agree. I may set up a GoFund me page this week to convince her to come to the game against Denver this Friday. 😀

Thought they played muuuuchbetter last night. Patrick Curry is developing into pretty decent player.
              Last edited by Scarlet; 10-22-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                09-10 team says “hi”

NHLers
                Gryba
                Megan
                Warsofsky
                Boning
                Shattenkirk
                Chiasson
                Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  I have to admit he is proving me wrong. I didn't think he would have an immediate impact, but his skills and speed are translating into production.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Amazing amount of Blackhawk fans in AZ last night. I know, wrong thread

Good point mookie.

Bobo el fuego. They'll need it this weekend.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Amazing amount of Blackhawk fans in AZ last night. I know, wrong thread

Good point mookie.

Bobo el fuego. They'll need it this weekend.
                      Given the less than impressive overall start (relative to expectations), I'll be happy if they can get a tie against Denver in two games.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Given the less than impressive overall start (relative to expectations), I'll be happy if they can get a tie against Denver in two games.
                        We only play Denver once, @PC Saturday who has also had a very underwhelming start to the year.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Obviously happy with the offensive production. I didn't see the game, only listened to Bernie, so I can't really say if it portends a better in-system offensive production, but we will see. I don't like giving up 3 to UConn, but Bernie kinda made it seem like the latter two were ones that Jake normally stops, so probably not too much to worry about there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            but Bernie kinda made it seem like the latter two were ones that Jake normally stops, so probably not too much to worry about there.
                            We've said that a lot this month. Is he feeling the draft pressure?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

what pressure? he was drafted

Comment

I thought he has been playing pretty well. He was awesome even when they gave up six last weekend. I think the one at home against UConn that tipped off the top of glove might have been one he should have had, but I couldn't tell if he got screened or if the shot nicked the stick of the BU player higher up in the slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X