Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1001

Thread: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

  1. #961
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    3,049

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    From the Freep:

    “We don’t have [sophomore forward Patrick] Harper, we don’t have [freshman defenseman David] Farrance so … not only have we not practiced it as a group, but we put people in places that they’re really not comfortable in so I thought it hurt us that we had all those power plays to be quite honest with you,” Quinn said.

    It is January, right? The team started practicing in October. I hate when coaches make excuses to the press. Just say: "We need to be better" and move on.

    Also, is Farrance hurt?
    I believe both Farrance and Harper are sick.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  2. #962
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Yeah, read the flu bug is going thru the team and Coach canceled practice on Thursday.

    Any update on Fabbro?

  3. #963
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    3,049

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yeah, read the flu bug is going thru the team and Coach canceled practice on Thursday.

    Any update on Fabbro?
    Only thing I heard was Quinn's quote after the game that preliminary indications are that it's not too serious.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  4. #964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,997

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Grier a scout now? Pretty sure he's at BC game

  5. #965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,997

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Oh and poor mookie. Still has to put up with Mike Tomlin as coach.

  6. #966
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
    Also I did take a look at their schedule and realized they have not won two games in a row yet. Of their final 12 games, 8 are against Hockey East's current bottom 5 teams (7 against the bottom 4) and 2 are against the 47th team in the Pairwise. Yet I'd be shocked if they go even 6-6 over that stretch.
    And the Clarkson Golden Knights have won 14 in a row. Wait, what!?

  7. #967
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    "The negativity around here sucks." - some ex-BU coach.

  8. #968
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh and poor mookie. Still has to put up with Mike Tomlin as coach.
    Ain’t this the truth. My God...

  9. #969
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Ain’t this the truth. My God...
    The standard is the standard



  10. #970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    301

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Grier a scout now? Pretty sure he's at BC game
    Grier is an asst at St Sebs. Not sure if he works as a scout. Did see Brett Petersen at the game today. I know he works games for agency he works for. Not sure if he has a scout gig also.

  11. #971
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,718

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    Grier is an asst at St Sebs. Not sure if he works as a scout. Did see Brett Petersen at the game today. I know he works games for agency he works for. Not sure if he has a scout gig also.
    Grier is a Blackhawks scout in addition to this job at St. Seb's.

  12. #972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    As weird as this may sound, I think this is the year David Quinn finally figures out how to beat Merrimack. Assuming they don't mail it in against ASU, I think they could win 4 in a row.
    I know MC swept last year, but I was surprised that in the last 10 regular season games, they are 4-4-2 against the Terriers (BU smoked them a couple times in the playoffs).. Should be a good series.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  13. #973
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh and poor mookie. Still has to put up with Mike Tomlin as coach.
    And THIS performance was a new low, even for his standards...

  14. #974
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,860

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    I know MC swept last year, but I was surprised that in the last 10 regular season games, they are 4-4-2 against the Terriers (BU smoked them a couple times in the playoffs).. Should be a good series.
    Again, The Hack are a bunch of 24 year-old undrafted MEN. How the heck are our highly drafted KIDS supposed to compete against them? #UnFair #Sad

    It Happened!!!!

  15. #975
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,997

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Besides Harvard, the rest of your schedule is an absolute laugher. No idea if you'll take advantage of it but the opportunity is there. I also don't know how much winning these crap games will help in the PWR. I'll leave that to the experts. At the very least, a chance to solidify your Hockey East positioning for when the league has it's royal rumble to determine the one NCAA tournament team

  16. #976
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Besides Harvard, the rest of your schedule is an absolute laugher. No idea if you'll take advantage of it but the opportunity is there. I also don't know how much winning these crap games will help in the PWR. I'll leave that to the experts. At the very least, a chance to solidify your Hockey East positioning for when the league has it's royal rumble to determine the one NCAA tournament team
    I can't imagine there is any way we can get an at large at this point (even if we win the rest of our games), but I haven't tried to figure that out. Given the talent on this team, all I am hoping for is that we get things figured at the right time and win the HE tourney. It doesn't help that Greenway will be gone for a big chunk of that time.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  17. #977
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,580

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I can't imagine there is any way we can get an at large at this point (even if we win the rest of our games), but I haven't tried to figure that out. Given the talent on this team, all I am hoping for is that we get things figured at the right time and win the HE tourney. It doesn't help that Greenway will be gone for a big chunk of that time.
    I don't think Greenway is much of a loss.

  18. #978
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,860

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    This team is not going to the NCAA's. Their ceiling is to make the Garden for the Hockey East Semi's. As Bill Parcells used to say: "You are what your record says you are."

    BU Hockey: No PWR Talk Required
    It Happened!!!!

  19. #979
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I don't think Greenway is much of a loss.
    The way he has played to date, I agree, he ins't a big loss. But if we were to get on some kind of run, I think he would be a key piece of it. SO it would suck if he found his game, helped us get a nice run started, and then had to leave.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  20. #980
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,061

    Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

    BU's PWR won't get high enough to get an at-large but with the more favorable schedule BU should finish in the top 4 in Hockey East and get a first round bye. BU is 5th in HEA winning percentage right now so it is definitely attainable. Once you get into the Garden who knows. NU, and to a lesser extent PC, are frontrunners right now but are beatable IMO. Should BU accomplish the surprise, I would expect a first round exit to {insert some NCHC team here} in the NCAAs.

    Losing Greenway will hurt more than some think (even if he doesn't score his size opens opportunities), some people didn't think we'd miss McAvoy that much and I think the results speak for themselves. At least it gives players that will be coming back next season some more playing time.
    Last edited by Tater; 01-15-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •