Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Blackhawks!!!

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

defkit, you saw that Olsson and Curry were on the first line last night, right? Curry was the hardest worker out there. I really like his spunk.

I too forgot that Zach Cohen story. He really was a key guy on that team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    But I have to say, given that it took me close to 45 minutes to drive the 5 miles home after 10pm last night, I can seen people not wanting to deal with the traffic. What the ever loving h-e-double hockey sticks is going on with Comm Ave? Is this still all follow up work from closing that Comm Ave bridge back in August?
    Speaking of which the new traffic pattern that the rent a cops have set up for leaving Agganis is brutal. No more turning right out of the Agganis parking garage to head east on comm ave? So to head east you have to sit in the line of cars heading west then do a u turn at at Anthony’s? Ugh.

Opposite Girl

You can turn right. I did. Though I stayed after the game for a bit. I think they do that because the traffic heading east on Comm Ave is so bad, they don't want to add any additional cars.

And Bomber, it was 59.5 seconds. . Ah, memories. Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.

Super Serial

Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
    Will there be some kind of acknowledgement tonight?
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Veteran

You can turn right. I did. Though I stayed after the game for a bit. I think they do that because the traffic heading east on Comm Ave is so bad, they don't want to add any additional cars.

And Bomber, it was 59.5 seconds. . Ah, memories. Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
    Interesting… all three games i've been to this year they have not allowed it. Although I left exactly at the end of the game each time, so maybe they relax it as the parking lot empties out a bit.

Whatever their reasoning, It adds about 10 minutes to the commute home compared to last year when I would always turn right out of the garage.

Matt Gilroy was inducted in to the BU Hall of Fame today. He's playing overseas so wasn't able to be there.
    That's weird they didn't coordinate a date that he could be there, either this year or even after his career is over. He's gotta be like 45 now, so that'll probably be soon right?
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

GO NU

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    That's weird they didn't coordinate a date that he could be there, either this year or even after his career is over. He's gotta be like 45 now, so that'll probably be soon right?
    Well if he's playing professionally, it'd be difficult to find a date where his season and BU's didn't coincide.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Well if he's playing professionally, it'd be difficult to find a date where his season and BU's didn't coincide.
    Just saw he's at Jokerit and I could be wrong, but I had heard the KHL is taking almost the entire month of February off for the Olympics.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

GO NU

Opposite Girl

They will be acknowledging all inductees between periods of tonight’s game I believe. And the Athletic Department honors/inducts athletes from sports other than hockey so they most likely didn’t change this ceremony because one of the inductees was out of the country. Saw his dad in the photo with all the inductees with their blazers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    defkit, you saw that Olsson and Curry were on the first line last night, right? Curry was the hardest worker out there. I really like his spunk.

I too forgot that Zach Cohen story. He really was a key guy on that team.
    I saw that they were, didn't see any of the game. Glad to hear Curry continued to work hard. And I don't have an issue with rewarding hard workers. I just feel that if he is on one of the top two lines at the midway point in the season, I will view that as a bad sign that one of the higher skill guys is not contributing enough.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Opposite Girl

Hey, will Teemu be here to watch his son?? Also, it’s Cockerill vs. Cockerill tonight, right?

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post

I think Crone has the skill to be on the top 2 lines, it just hasn't clicked for him yet.
    I do too and I was high on him entering season. I think his problem is that he is a step too slow.

Well that was a crap first period for BU. I hope they can turn it around. No offensive pressure whatsoever.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Well that was a crap first period for BU. I hope they can turn it around. No offensive pressure whatsoever.
    I hope David Quinn resigns immediately. Why wait for the end of the game? I haven't seen every team this year but it's pretty clear this is the most poorly coached team in the country.

Opposite Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I hope David Quinn resigns immediately.
    Why do you always say this and not “I hope Quinn gets fired”? Saying you hope he resigns is so ridiculous.

Why do you always say this and not “I hope Quinn gets fired”? Saying you hope he resigns is so ridiculous.
    I don't know, it's nicer? It'd be an acknowledgement that he can't do the job? We can rehire him as an assistant if he resigns but that would be tough if he was fired.

Hey, will Teemu be here to watch his son?? Also, it’s Cockerill vs. Cockerill tonight, right?
    He was at the Lowell games last weekend as it was parents weekend. I don't know his schedule for this past week. Our Cockerill doesn't miss many games, but I don't know why he is out.

Super Serial

We bad

there's a good buck in that racket.

Whew. Glad Mookie didn’t wake up for that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    We bad
    Maybe that's why there are attendance problems..

Thread Information