This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    No. You have great team. We will meet you in finals. In hockey east. Mark it.
    Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      No question the better goalie in Swayman should have been playing over both of them (stats clearly show he has been having a better season). Nice solid 3-0 win over Oettinger and BU on Saturday.
      Keep being a moron, never gets old. Woll was very good in the WJC last year. They don't just look at this year's stats and determine who will start. Playing in the WJC is a little different stage.

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Keep being a moron, never gets old. Woll was very good in the WJC last year. They don't just look at this year's stats and determine who will start. Playing in the WJC is a little different stage.
        Ok I am stupid. My fault. Don't worry my team knows that.

Comment

Woll has a .913 save percentage in hockey east this year. So if he kinda sucks i'm not sure what that says for Oettinger who has a .906 in league play and a better team on paper in front of him than Woll. In the end i don't think it would have mattered which one played against Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Woll has a .913 save percentage in hockey east this year. So if he kinda sucks i'm not sure what that says for Oettinger who has a .906 in league play and a better team on paper in front of him than Woll. In the end i don't think it would have mattered which one played against Sweden.
            bu can never, ever have a better team on paper than bc. on paper bc's jv team is the 2nd best team in the country after the bc varisty.

get with the program there jc!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I was sitting across from the BU tunnel and when Quinn went out for the third period he blew off a couple kids who wanted a high five to have a moan at the referees. It was completely pathetic.

I never thought the 'kentucky' model could be successful in college hockey. There are very few impact freshmen and you need guys who buy in to be successful.
              In basketball 5-7 guys in hockey 18-20. To much can go wrong. Not every superstar can play on PP or PK. Parker kept recruits and team to 23 max. How many in stands for BU? At Kentucky strong coach with broad experience and manageable ego around players read post interviews for Kentucky....at BU ??

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                No question the better goalie in Swayman should have been playing over both of them (stats clearly show he has been having a better season). Nice solid 3-0 win over Oettinger and BU on Saturday.
                Dope.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  What does this mean?

“I’ve got a few theories, but I prefer to keep them to myself,” Quinn said on his team’s inconsistency. “[There is] a lot going on here. A lot going on for BU hockey.”
                  Well the most recent DFP article has the quote a little different, which is still concerning, but in a different way:

"[There is] a lot going on here. A lot going on other than BU Hockey"

The first thing that comes to mind for me is distractions around draft, Olympics, etc.

Either way, this has been an equally disappointing and maddening season.
                  Last edited by defkit; 01-07-2018, 09:46 AM.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Hard to believe that the best player game to game is Carpenter
                    who is buried on the third line
                    I like Melanson's game but he is not a scorer and should not be on top line
                    Similar to last year when he refused to play Bellows with Keller despite their previous success together
                    Mystifying how Greenway got selected to Olympic team- will be interesting to watch
                    Our players seem to excel once they leave this environment

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      What article is this from?
                      From the Boston Herald
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Hank81 View Post
                        In basketball 5-7 guys in hockey 18-20. To much can go wrong. Not every superstar can play on PP or PK. Parker kept recruits and team to 23 max. How many in stands for BU? At Kentucky strong coach with broad experience and manageable ego around players read post interviews for Kentucky....at BU ??
                        Agreed. In hockey you are playing against some guys who are much older to. It's hard for an 18 year old to compete with a 24 or 25 year old.

I think a big part of BU's problem, and this goes back for the 20+ years i've been watching college hockey, is that they never really have had much of an identity. It's clear Maine builds its program around a good goalie, working hard, and balanced scoring. BC during their run had small, quick forwards who would hang around three or four years. Quinn or whoever the next coach is needs to work out what BU wants to be. There have been a lot of years where BU makes the NCAA tourney and maybe even wins the beanpot or hockey east championship but you don't really view them as much of a threat as far as winning the NCAA title. I'm pretty sure that in the last 20 years they have only made two frozen fours.

What's the story with Cloonan? I saw him early his freshman year and thought he looked decent enough. I wasn't heartbroken he didn't come to Maine but thought he was a guy who should score around 20 points a year and stay all four years.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          What's the story with Cloonan? I saw him early his freshman year and thought he looked decent enough. I wasn't heartbroken he didn't come to Maine but thought he was a guy who should score around 20 points a year and stay all four years.
                          Elite speed for the collegiate level, but literally can't do anything else. He hasn't scored a goal since fall 2015 and has only seven points over his sophomore and junior seasons. Works hard, stays out of the box, but he's been a complete non-factor offensively and for a small speedy forward that doesn't cut it.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Generally agree here, Sweden was the better team on the ice that night by a good amount. Jake's only true meaningful play came in the Canada game since the bronze game was a laugher pretty quickly. While he struggled a bit against Canada, the game conditions there make it very difficult to draw any true judgement of his performance. If you're only going to give a kid one shot in the tournament, why it would be in very poor ice/weather conditions against the best team, have him perform reasonably well then not start him again in a meaningful game...confusing. Not to mention giving Swayman no look whatsoever when neither Woll or Jake were shutting out the opposition each night.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Generally agree here, Sweden was the better team on the ice that night by a good amount. Jake's only true meaningful play came in the Canada game since the bronze game was a laugher pretty quickly. While he struggled a bit against Canada, the game conditions there make it very difficult to draw any true judgement of his performance. If you're only going to give a kid one shot in the tournament, why it would be in very poor ice/weather conditions against the best team, have him perform reasonably well then not start him again in a meaningful game...confusing. Not to mention giving Swayman no look whatsoever when neither Woll or Jake were shutting out the opposition each night.
                              I didn't expect Swayman to get in at all. I figured he was like Oettinger last year - here for the experience so next year you can be in good shape to play well.

I was disappointed with how Oettinger was used, but I was willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea how these guys looked in practice. If Oettinger was playing at BU the way he looked last year, then I would have had more of a beef.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Swayman is 19 so i'm not sure he's eligible next year. Not sure what the cutoff date is. As an example oettinger born dec 18. He'll be 20 next year but what's the cutoff date to be eligible? Have to be 19 the day the tourney starts?

Comment

Working...
                                X