X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Besides Harvard, the rest of your schedule is an absolute laugher. No idea if you'll take advantage of it but the opportunity is there. I also don't know how much winning these crap games will help in the PWR. I'll leave that to the experts. At the very least, a chance to solidify your Hockey East positioning for when the league has it's royal rumble to determine the one NCAA tournament team
    I can't imagine there is any way we can get an at large at this point (even if we win the rest of our games), but I haven't tried to figure that out. Given the talent on this team, all I am hoping for is that we get things figured at the right time and win the HE tourney. It doesn't help that Greenway will be gone for a big chunk of that time.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I can't imagine there is any way we can get an at large at this point (even if we win the rest of our games), but I haven't tried to figure that out. Given the talent on this team, all I am hoping for is that we get things figured at the right time and win the HE tourney. It doesn't help that Greenway will be gone for a big chunk of that time.
      I don't think Greenway is much of a loss.

Comment

This team is not going to the NCAA's. Their ceiling is to make the Garden for the Hockey East Semi's. As Bill Parcells used to say: "You are what your record says you are."

BU Hockey: No PWR Talk Required
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          I don't think Greenway is much of a loss.
          The way he has played to date, I agree, he ins't a big loss. But if we were to get on some kind of run, I think he would be a key piece of it. SO it would suck if he found his game, helped us get a nice run started, and then had to leave.

Comment

BU's PWR won't get high enough to get an at-large but with the more favorable schedule BU should finish in the top 4 in Hockey East and get a first round bye. BU is 5th in HEA winning percentage right now so it is definitely attainable. Once you get into the Garden who knows. NU, and to a lesser extent PC, are frontrunners right now but are beatable IMO. Should BU accomplish the surprise, I would expect a first round exit to {insert some NCHC team here} in the NCAAs.

Losing Greenway will hurt more than some think (even if he doesn't score his size opens opportunities), some people didn't think we'd miss McAvoy that much and I think the results speak for themselves. At least it gives players that will be coming back next season some more playing time.
            Last edited by Tater; 01-15-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

We may suck, but we shouldn't be on page 2.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                We may suck, but we shouldn't be on page 2.
                2-game unbeaten streak!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  2-game unbeaten streak!
                  Raise a banner!!!
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Raise a banner!!!
                    Who are we, the Colts? ("AFC Finalist" in 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      some people didn't think we'd miss McAvoy that much
                      BU doesn't miss McAvoy that much ... because the McAvoy playing for the Bruins never played like that for the Terriers.

Maybe he tried to do too much at BU.

Comment

ISN'T bu #25?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          ISN'T bu #25?
                          #29 (tied) actually...but #1 in your hearts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                            BU doesn't miss McAvoy that much ... because the McAvoy playing for the Bruins never played like that for the Terriers.

Maybe he tried to do too much at BU.
                            I think he did try to do too much. It also helps his NHL game to be playing alongside Chara.

Comment

He might be playing for a better coach as well...
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I don't really get this criticism of McAvoy when he was playing for BU. He's not a flashy player, now or when he was at BU. He isn't the kind of player that will win games single-handed, like Eichel or Keller (or even Carpenter). I don't know that we've ever had a defenseman that could do that, maybe Shattenkirk or Gilroy. McAvoy had a rough first half of his freshman year, but from then on he was really pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X