Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    The WJC players will be tired, if they even play at all.
    He was. Talking about our boys playing tonight, then again Saturday.

The bobo’s Now get to rest up

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Oettinger gets the start in the bronze-medal game.

Edit: Oops, wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Rogie21; 01-05-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Oettinger gets the start in the gold-medal game.
    For Canada or Sweden?

Seriously, glad to hear.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Opposite Girl

So Oettinger in net for the highly visible and important game vs. Canada outside and the bronze medal winning game. Good for him. Hope he comes back invigorated.

Super Serial

Looks like he was pulled at garbage time in favor of Swayman. Didn't look like he had much work and with it being a Friday-Saturday thing, having not played basically at all during the week, I imagine he's likely to be ready to go tomorrow. Tkachuk, Harper, and Fabbro on the other hand not sure they'd suit up.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Chris Peters Verified account @chrismpeters 11m11 minutes ago
    Brady Tkachuk says he feels there’s no question Rasmus Dahlin will go No. 1, but feels he can compete and hang with Zadina and Svechnikov for No. 2. Thinks he still has another gear for the second half.

Blackhawks!!!

So Bellows set the record for the most goals ever by an American in the World Juniors. I'm still at a loss as to why he was such a colossal bust on Comm Ave.
    It Happened!!!!

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    So Bellows set the record for the most goals ever by an American in the World Juniors. I'm still at a loss as to why he was such a colossal bust on Comm Ave.
    Because Quinn can't coach to save his a ss?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Because Quinn can't coach to save his a ss?
    No, he just sucked last year. He was given more than enough opportunities last year to show that he deserved top-6 minutes, and he couldn't convert any goals. He's a year older and has more confidence since he is playing against younger competition. He has a great shot, but I'm not sure he has enough of the other tools (I hope I'm wrong - I was wrong about thinking Keller wouldn't have an immediate impact in the NHL). Let's not forget that one of his two goals in last years title game went in of his keyster. He generally didn't play that well at the WJCs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    No, he just sucked last year. He was given more than enough opportunities last year to show that he deserved top-6 minutes, and he couldn't convert any goals. He's a year older and has more confidence since he is playing against younger competition. He has a great shot, but I'm not sure he has enough of the other tools (I hope I'm wrong - I was wrong about thinking Keller wouldn't have an immediate impact in the NHL). Let's not forget that one of his two goals in last years title game went in of his keyster. He generally didn't play that well at the WJCs last year.
    Bellows speed appears to be improved over last season, but a big part of his success in the WHL and WJCs this year is putting his excellent shot on net. Last year it seemed that more often than not, when set up for a shot, it missed the cage, often by a lot.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Bingo. Bellows's biggest problems last year were a result of playing against older and more experienced competition. He had a lot of trouble when facing any physicality, when not given space to operate, and when teams got in his way and bottled him up in the offensive zone. His skating seems to have improved, but this is still against 18 and 19 year olds. When he was facing more physically and mentally mature players in college last year he struggled greatly. Not to mention his early season penalty problems. Quinn gave him numerous chances in the second half of the season to earn his minutes, but he didn't grasp the opportunity. I've also heard through the grapevine that he just wanted to focus on hockey and wasn't interested in the school component, take that for whatever it's worth.

Bellows speed appears to be improved over last season, but a big part of his success in the WHL and WJCs this year is putting his excellent shot on net. Last year it seemed that more often than not, when set up for a shot, it missed the cage, often by a lot.
    Yeah, I think as the season wore on and he was struggling, he started pressing and forcing things. Rather than making a good play or putting a good shot on net, he just wanted to rip it and let it fly. I didn't see anything out of him this past week and a half that he wouldn't have learned at BU if he'd stuck around.

Everyone is back in the line-up except Fabbro, who gets the night off.

Tkachuk-Greenway-Melanson
    Cockerill-Bowers-Harper
    Curry-Carpenter-Crone
    Olsson-Phelps-Chabot
    Krys-MacLeod
    Hickey-Kotkansalo
    Farrance-Crotty
    Oettinger

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Yeah, I think as the season wore on and he was struggling, he started pressing and forcing things. Rather than making a good play or putting a good shot on net, he just wanted to rip it and let it fly. I didn't see anything out of him this past week and a half that he wouldn't have learned at BU if he'd stuck around.
    I agree, unfortunately for him the things he most needed to improve upon to better his pro career aspirations would've been better served in college. Things like learning to adjust to defensive schemes, creating his own offensive shot, learning where to position himself within a defense to get himself open, and to outwork/outmuscle physically mature players. These holes can be glossed over much of the time playing against 17-19 year olds. I hope he finds success professionally, but if I were Garth Snow I'd have some questions about his long-term viability in the NHL.

All the WJC players except for Fabbro are in the lineup tonight.

Is the game video stream free tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    All the WJC players except for Fabbro are in the lineup tonight.
    Makes sense. He was likely up celebrating a little harder than his USA bretheren.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Is the game video stream free tonight?
    Yes, it is. However there is no live in-game blog from the Freep gang tonight.

Yes, it is. However there is no live in-game blog from the Freep gang tonight.
    Awesome. Thanks. And good luck to your Terriers. Your goalie looked great in the WJC, in particular the shootout. For me, just hoping it is a battle that reminds us of the old wars.

Is this a league game? Was the game in Portland not a league game? Or did I miss a new set-up this year with Notre Dame leaving that we play three league games against some opponents?

Thread Information