This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    Mankato is a bad matchup for BU. For one they are an older team with many 23 and 24 year olds and at this point of the season that matters. They capitalize on their chances and arent overly skilled but they play a heavy and solid game and make you earn everything. BU was atrocious on Friday night in their defensive zone. I thought the forwards sunk way too low in dzone and were lazy attacking the puck. I have never seen a team so stationary and complacent in their own end. At one point a Mankato player dumped puck in, went around 2 BU players and then beat the BU Dman to the puck and then drew a penalty hustling...that said it all about that game. Mankata looked like a big boy team and BU looked small and intimidated and thats expected this time of year with a young team again.

Quick notes:
    -Oetter actually played well despite giving up 6.
    -Brickley is legit.
    -Harper I thought played well. Protected puck well and was aggressive in offensive zone.
    -Tkachuk was involved in pushing and shoving but seemed to do it for looks rather than being actually involved in the plays.
    -Greenway will never have the impact I thought he would have. For some reason he lacks a certain hockey IQ to read and be in the right spot. He should dominate and he is just good. Hopefully the switch goes off.

All that being said I think BU has more room to improve than Minn St but its a tough matchup. Would love to see these teams match up later in season to see if the gap closes.
    My image of the weekend is seeing the numbers of the BU d-men as they chased MSU forwards after being knocked off the puck or losing a one-on-one battle for the puck.
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 10-16-2017, 04:59 PM.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      Mankato is a bad matchup for BU. For one they are an older team with many 23 and 24 year olds and at this point of the season that matters. They capitalize on their chances and arent overly skilled but they play a heavy and solid game and make you earn everything. BU was atrocious on Friday night in their defensive zone. I thought the forwards sunk way too low in dzone and were lazy attacking the puck. I have never seen a team so stationary and complacent in their own end. At one point a Mankato player dumped puck in, went around 2 BU players and then beat the BU Dman to the puck and then drew a penalty hustling...that said it all about that game. Mankata looked like a big boy team and BU looked small and intimidated and thats expected this time of year with a young team again.

-
      With all due respect, but you know all of those 20 year olds you all are complaining about... you could have recruited them, no?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        With all due respect, but you know all of those 20 year olds you all are complaining about... you could have recruited them, no?
        I don't think he was complaining. I'm a neutral observer in all this and said the same thing on twitter. It's a fact. But, you're right. BU/Minnesota/BC all could have recruited older players.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Trying to buy tickets to Saturday's game in Hartford. Agganis Arena box office either sold out their allotment or have already sent the extras back. UConn's website was kind of useless. What's my best option? I'm thinking I shouldn't have any issues walking up and buying a pair. I just like to have my tickets in hand before I leave.

Comment

lotta blue left to choose from here....

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Trying to buy tickets to Saturday's game in Hartford. Agganis Arena box office either sold out their allotment or have already sent the extras back. UConn's website was kind of useless. What's my best option? I'm thinking I shouldn't have any issues walking up and buying a pair. I just like to have my tickets in hand before I leave.
            http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...roupCode=&cgc=
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              lotta blue left to choose from here....

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...roupCode=&cgc=
              Couldn't get to that page - thanks for posting.

For those of you that are going, what section are your seats in?

Comment

Make sure you're opening that link in Chrome, sometimes it doesn't work on Firefox. It's a Flash-based system so it's wonky at best. The seats Agganis was selling were in 118. I doubt you'd have issues walking up to buy a ticket, but it might be best to get there a wee bit early to get one, there's a home football game that day down the road so people might make a doubleheader out of it and drive over from East Hartford.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I got 121

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Even 7 time zones away Mookie takes care of you!!!

Comment

I'm thinking I shouldn't have any issues walking up and buying a pair.
                      Given the unlikely scenario that Gordie Howe suddenly makes a re-appearance at his old stomping grounds, the chances of your having any difficulty are approximately zero. I went last year and the place wasn't even close to half full. It's a cavernous arena. Apparently they are "timing" it so that people can leave the football game and go to the hockey game, but I wouldn't think that would make one iota of difference.

Comment

Today is the 22nd anniversary of Travis' accident.

Comment

Today is the 22nd anniversary of Travis' accident.
                          wow- sad- It was the first game of season and we are now 3 weeks in
                          Hard to keep non core fans interested in college hockey in early October
                          Someone should take a look at length of season in this period of diminishing interest and attendance

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            wow- sad- It was the first game of season and we are now 3 weeks in
                            Hard to keep non core fans interested in college hockey in early October
                            Someone should take a look at length of season in this period of diminishing interest and attendance
                            Agreed. Last week of September seems to early for Hockey to start. I’m a pretty big fan, and even I don’t have much interest at that point.

Comment

Neither do the boys.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Neither do the boys.....
                                I don't want to be a broken record, but David Quinn sucks at being a head coach. The more practice time they get, the worse they become. Absolutely no semblance of a coherent team offense. It's much worse than last season.

Also, the attendance sucks, the atmosphere is non-existent, the between period entertainment is literally the stupidest stuff I've ever seen.

Many people should begin collecting unemployment on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X