X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Although rumor has it that WBA is part of the major multimillion dollar “renovation” project of Case...
    Didn't they just renovate WBA a few years back in order to make it suitable for the women's program to use on a consistent basis?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Didn't they just renovate WBA a few years back in order to make it suitable for the women's program to use on a consistent basis?
      My understanding is the Case renovation is largely centered around the gym itself (including seating) plus the concourse/restrooms/concessions, MBB/WBB locker rooms, function spaces (i.e. Eilberg Lounge) and offices. I believe the tennis courts may be part of the renovation as well.

Not sure what, if any, of the interior (ice, seating, locker rooms, lighting, media, etc.) of WBA will be part of the renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        Thinking out of the box...I actually think at WBA against BC (out of conference) where BC was allotted a substantial number of tickets would make for a great atmosphere.[/QUOte)

that is never going to happen- only chance we get to fill Agannis

More hockey related
        Why is Carpenter buried on third line
        Greenway playing center
        Cloonan still dressing ahead of Curry
        All excellent questions! And what did MacLeod do? He should be playing ahead of #5 who was a bit of a mess Saturday night. He must be going: "What they hell!? I can take dumb penalties and turn over the puck better than this guy."
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Question: Has the 4th line scored a goal this season?
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Question: Has the 4th line scored a goal this season?
            Currently there are 10 forwards who have a total combined 7 goals.

Another way of looking at it is there are 6 forwards who have yet to score this season. 4 of them (Melanson, Olsson, Phelps, Cloonan) play fairly regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              Currently there are 10 forwards who have a total combined 7 goals.

Another way of looking at it is there are 6 forwards who have yet to score this season. 4 of them (Melanson, Olsson, Phelps, Cloonan) play fairly regularly.
              Phelps had a golden opportunity on Saturday night. Puck on his stick right in front of the goal, all alone. Yep, he shot it into the goalies chest. *sigh*
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                How many season ticket holders do you guys have? Ever been any talk and having a game back at WBA? I believe Lowell played a home game at Tully Forum last year or year before.
                Lowell last played a game at Tully Forum against New Brunswick on October 13, 2007. The last regular season games there were against Maine on January 5-6, 2007 when Tsongas was booked for a skating show before the Hockey East schedule was set.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I could have sworn a Hockey East team played a game at an old venue in the last couple years but maybe not.

Anyway was just reading game recaps and found this interesting from Friday night:

“It was an exciting BU-BC hockey game,” said BU coach David Quinn. “It was an age-appropriate game for both teams. We’re both a lot of the same age [younger] kids, which doesn’t happen too often. So there’s probably a lot more room [due to mistakes] than either team is accustomed. I think that’s why you saw so much scoring and so many of the chances.”

Seems kinda odd to interject that at that moment but seems like he isn't a fan of the older freshman model that has been debated on here for a long time now.

Comment

This GQ excuse has grown tiresome already. Perhaps go get a job one likes....
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Anyway was just reading game recaps and found this interesting from Friday night:

“It was an exciting BU-BC hockey game,” said BU coach David Quinn. “It was an age-appropriate game for both teams. We’re both a lot of the same age [younger] kids, which doesn’t happen too often. So there’s probably a lot more room [due to mistakes] than either team is accustomed. I think that’s why you saw so much scoring and so many of the chances.”

Seems kinda odd to interject that at that moment but seems like he isn't a fan of the older freshman model that has been debated on here for a long time now.
                      I think he may also be inferring that the team with most talent on paper - regardless of average age - should win most of the time. I'm highly inclined to believe he'd prefer not to recruit older players and only does so out of necessity.

In his 4+ years as HC, I think the only older players he's recruited are Lacouvee, Olsson, Cloonan, Switzer, Andren, Curry, Chabot, Witkowski. In several of these cases, it arose from an unexpected need to backfill a roster spot. BU's older players aren't given many opportunities to develop nor contribute regularly, as only Olsson has assumed a leadership role and only Olsson, Cloonan and Curry played somewhat regularly.

By no means am I suggesting that they most of the older players play in favor of high-end 18 year-old Freshmen, but there's a valuable role for such players in any program if they're given a chance to contribute. I'm not going to say no to a Matt Gilroy or Chris Connolly on my roster if I were the HC.

Comment

Any thoughts to whether BU's slow start and underperformance of some heralded freshman may jeopardize their status on the World Junior program? Be interesting to see today's announcement at 5PM and what it unveils for the BU prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          Any thoughts to whether BU's slow start and underperformance of some heralded freshman may jeopardize their status on the World Junior program? Be interesting to see today's announcement at 5PM and what it unveils for the BU prospects.
                          answer yes- Mark Krys was the casualty
                          Oettinger, Harper and Tkachuk named to team

Comment

Mark Krys
                            Pretty sure he's over the age limit

Either way, it's unlikely any of these players will miss much meaningful time. If they make the medal games, they'd miss the U18 exhibition (who cares) and might be benched for the Saturday home game against Maine for rest, with Jake able to play depending on how much time he gets.
                            Last edited by brassbonanza; 12-05-2017, 04:20 PM.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

answer yes- Mark Krys was the casualty
                              Oettinger, Harper and Tkachuk named to team
                              Remember how fired up we were last January? 7 guys... They were going to come home with confidence and sharper skills... Winning feeds more winning.... Yeah....

BU Hockey: Find the Fun
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Pretty sure he's over the age limit

Either way, it's unlikely any of these players will miss much meaningful time. If they make the medal games, they'd miss the U18 exhibition (who cares) and might be benched for the Saturday home game against Maine for rest, with Jake able to play depending on how much time he gets.
                                Eligible- April 1998 birthdate- was last cut last year-Chad Krys
                                Very poor representation from hockey east reflecting status of league this year

Comment

Working...
                                X