X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Just curious, why Albie?

Nice to get a point, but our PP is horrendous. DQ - how about trying to change things up? A 5 minute major in the last 6 minutes, and a PP in OT. The friggin umbrella DOESN'T WORK! And don't get me started again on the little drop pass to the trailing forward so that the 4 other guys are standing still on the blue line as we try to get it in. I still don't get this trendy new approach. If it works for some teams, in ain't working for us.

At least we stopped the get a loss after every W trend.
    You asked the question and then answered it yourself. He coaches the power play. "Coaches" the "power play".

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
      For those of us who didn’t see it ... could you be a little more specific?
      We were much better than Providence all game and had 7 minutes of power play time in the final 10 minutes of the game. No good scoring chances, difficulty getting the puck up the ice with no pressure from PC, when we do set up in the zone it's just ineffective passing along the boards and from point to point with no shots. Just a very, very incompetent power play. They threw Bobo out as a 4th forward at one point, seemingly on a whim. Clearly hadn't practiced that at all. Just incompetent. It cost us the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Only wins now. Tie same as a loss at this point.
        1-0-1, just like I said! I got the 2-2 tie against PC right. Thought we'd score more against UNH. It's just too bad, we should've won tonight.

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Just curious, why Albie?

Nice to get a point, but our PP is horrendous. DQ - how about trying to change things up? A 5 minute major in the last 6 minutes, and a PP in OT. The friggin umbrella DOESN'T WORK! And don't get me started again on the little drop pass to the trailing forward so that the 4 other guys are standing still on the blue line as we try to get it in. I still don't get this trendy new approach. If it works for some teams, in ain't working for us.

At least we stopped the get a loss after every W trend.
          I don't get that strategy in general either
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Only wins now. Tie same as a loss at this point.
            Win, loss, tie. What's the difference? You think this team can win 4 in a row?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              Win, loss, tie. What's the difference? You think this team can win 4 in a row?
              As weird as this may sound, I think this is the year David Quinn finally figures out how to beat Merrimack. Assuming they don't mail it in against ASU, I think they could win 4 in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Assuming they don't mail it in against ASU.
                Is that a shot at Lowell?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  Is that a shot at Lowell?
                  Have you read through this thread? It’s a shot at our own team.

Comment

Isn’t there some Power Play Guru we can call? You know, like the Wolf. (Yes, I’m pretty sure I’ve used this joke before.)

BU Hockey: Fix Me
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      As weird as this may sound, I think this is the year David Quinn finally figures out how to beat Merrimack. Assuming they don't mail it in against ASU, I think they could win 4 in a row.
                      No way.

You do realize Mack has older freshMEN and it’s not fair when our boys are boys!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        As weird as this may sound, I think this is the year David Quinn finally figures out how to beat Merrimack.
                        You mean convincing the team that the guys in blue and yellow are really wearing black?
                        “Our games are always tight with BU ever since the National Championship game,” Providence College Coach Nate Leaman said. “They’re always charged up, we know we get their A-game. I thought they were terrific tonight. I told Quinny that after the game. They’re by far one of the best teams we’ve played.”
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Also, Bobo has to stay on the top 6. When he's on the top 6, he scores. He's my MVP this year and next year's captain.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

From the Freep:

“We don’t have [sophomore forward Patrick] Harper, we don’t have [freshman defenseman David] Farrance so … not only have we not practiced it as a group, but we put people in places that they’re really not comfortable in so I thought it hurt us that we had all those power plays to be quite honest with you,” Quinn said.

It is January, right? The team started practicing in October. I hate when coaches make excuses to the press. Just say: "We need to be better" and move on.

Also, is Farrance hurt?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              I was referring to the playoffs. I don't see any possibility of them winning the hockey east tournament so at this point wins, losses, or ties don't matter. Also I did take a look at their schedule and realized they have not won two games in a row yet. Of their final 12 games, 8 are against Hockey East's current bottom 5 teams (7 against the bottom 4) and 2 are against the 47th team in the Pairwise. Yet I'd be shocked if they go even 6-6 over that stretch.

Comment

"The negativity around here sucks." - some ex-BU coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X