This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
    Guys, the elephant in the room has been the goalie. Simply put he has not been good and the UNH game saw a very serviceable goalie who did not give up any softies like we have seen in almost all other games.
    Hopefully Oettinger stops worrying about making the Olympic team and settles down and if not then maybe Max emerges as a solid alternative.
    With the disclaimer that I haven’t seen the games in person, I disagree. Oettinger may have had a tough game on Friday night, but for the most part, he’s been very good. He has regularly bailed out an inconsistent defense. It’s good that Prawdzik looks like a capable backup, but the suggestion that he’s an “alternative” to Oettinger is way off.

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Is Oettinger really in contention for the Olympics? I thought he was just hoping to get some actual games at the WJC's this year.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        This. This this this SO MUCH THIS.

Also, before they play a currently undefeated team, they gotta play Maine. Is anyone going up there this weekend? Saturday’s game is in Portland. Wonder how the crowd will be at that game.
        I was going to take the family up for the Portland game since I work up there now (so you know, I'm like an expert on all the great places to go ). But alas, my sons Bantam team is playing in a tourney at Waterville Valley - a trip that the kids and parents are looking forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
          Guys, the elephant in the room has been the goalie. Simply put he has not been good and the UNH game saw a very serviceable goalie who did not give up any softies like we have seen in almost all other games.
          Hopefully Oettinger stops worrying about making the Olympic team and settles down and if not then maybe Max emerges as a solid alternative.
          I think there's something to this. Big O has not been sharp and has been coughing up a lot of juicy rebounds. Max swallowed pucks Saturday night. It will be interesting to see what Q does this weekend.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Hey, I don't want to make excuses for this team, which in typical Jekyll and Hyde fashion have played an inconsistent first quarter of the season (It's kinda DQ's *thing*), but we've played the strongest schedule of any HE team so far. Any less than 4 points this weekend will be a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              seriously. it's shane sr
              I thought he was shane's gf
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                With the disclaimer that I haven’t seen the games in person, I disagree. Oettinger may have had a tough game on Friday night, but for the most part, he’s been very good. He has regularly bailed out an inconsistent defense. It’s good that Prawdzik looks like a capable backup, but the suggestion that he’s an “alternative” to Oettinger is way off.
                Absolutely agreed. In the Friday night game against Providence (when BU forgot the game started at 7:30) it would have been 4-0 if it weren't for Oettinger before BU woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                  Hey, I don't want to make excuses for this team, which in typical Jekyll and Hyde fashion have played an inconsistent first quarter of the season (It's kinda DQ's *thing*), but we've played the strongest schedule of any HE team so far. Any less than 4 points this weekend will be a disappointment.
                  But aren't you just kind of contradicting yourself? That's kind of the point...the "hallmark" of this team has been inconsistency. They play well one night and mail it in the next. So "expecting" a sweep against anyone at anytime is a tall order...

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    I thought he was shane's gf
                    Nope
                    Shane’s papa
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      But aren't you just kind of contradicting yourself? That's kind of the point...the "hallmark" of this team has been inconsistency. They play well one night and mail it in the next. So "expecting" a sweep against anyone at anytime is a tall order...
                      A good portion of the inconsistency has to be tied to the lineup roulette. Very tough to get consistent play out of 18 skaters when only three or four of them play with the same guys each night.

Also, I agree Jake's bailed them out of a lot of defensive breakdowns. Mankato had about 75 A+++++ chances in that series, so of course a bunch of them are eventually going to go in. That said, he's let in a bunch that were on the soft side. I wouldn't be surprised if he feels a lot of pressure this year having been drafted so high, in contention for an Olympic spot, etc. Hopefully getting a night off and some work with the staff can clear his head a bit and hit the reset button - along with some help from the guys in front of him. There's no question he's remarkably skilled, but he's still only 18 so he's still maturing mentally.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        A good portion of the inconsistency has to be tied to the lineup roulette. Very tough to get consistent play out of 18 skaters when only three or four of them play with the same guys each night.

Also, I agree Jake's bailed them out of a lot of defensive breakdowns. Mankato had about 75 A+++++ chances in that series, so of course a bunch of them are eventually going to go in. That said, he's let in a bunch that were on the soft side. I wouldn't be surprised if he feels a lot of pressure this year having been drafted so high, in contention for an Olympic spot, etc. Hopefully getting a night off and some work with the staff can clear his head a bit and hit the reset button - along with some help from the guys in front of him. There's no question he's remarkably skilled, but he's still only 18 so he's still maturing mentally.
                        Exactly. The kid is very young. Heck, if pro goalies are allowed to have rough patches here and there, I think an 18 year old is allowed to also. I have every confidence that he can still lead this team to some championships. It is nice to know, however, that we have a back-up who can step it up as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Nope
                          Shane’s papa
                          You are both wrong..try talking about hockey..both teams have work to do this year...Dumb and Dumber

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                            You are both wrong..try talking about hockey..both teams have work to do this year...Dumb and Dumber
                            Okay, Chad. I thought you got the hint that it is really inappropriate for you be posting this stuff here?

Comment

I apologize in advance for this off topic post, but was wondering if some of the local Bostonians could help me out. I am flying back home from Boston this afternoon, and would like to get my daughter a Boston Pride souvineir (t-shirt, hat, etc). Do you think I would be able to find something like that at the airport, or would I have to get it before I get there?

Thanks!

Comment

So will Prawdzilla get a start this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X