X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Eligible- April 1998 birthdate- was last cut last year-Chad Krys
    Very poor representation from hockey east reflecting status of league this year
    Chad sure is eligible. Mark isn't :P
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Eligible- April 1998 birthdate- was last cut last year-Chad Krys
      Very poor representation from hockey east reflecting status of league this year
      I think there is also some deference to players Motzko is familiar with - as three UMD (NCHC) defensemen made the camp. Gildon and Krys could have made the camp in their spots and no one would have said boo. It's also true that both have turned off some in USAH with their less than anticipated development at times. Gildon still has another chance next year - especially if he continues to score as he has for UNH. I feel bad for Krys, who just lost his last chance...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Tough call. I pretty much have not brought my kids to the Friday games in part due to the later start times, maybe that will change as they get older. So Friday’s games have been a “-2” for attendance from my family.

On the flip side, it is nice to have the extra 30 min to get into the city where traffic has been getting worse and worse the past few years.
        Is it a problem with the garage parking in that it takes too long to park and get to your seat on time for the opening faceoff especially with city traffic on Commonwealth Avenue?
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I think there is also some deference to players Motzko is familiar with - as three UMD (NCHC) defensemen made the camp. Gildon and Krys could have made the camp in their spots and no one would have said boo. It's also true that both have turned off some in USAH with their less than anticipated development at times. Gildon still has another chance next year - especially if he continues to score as he has for UNH. I feel bad for Krys, who just lost his last chance...
          I'm not surprised that Chad didn't make it. He hasn't played as well as he can, and that terrible turnover against BC that led to a goal may have been really bad timing...(though probably not).
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            Is it a problem with the garage parking in that it takes too long to park and get to your seat on time for the opening faceoff especially with city traffic on Commonwealth Avenue?
            No, it's that Friday rush hour in the city extends later and later into the evening and starts earlier and earlier in the day. If I leave my office in Kendall at 3, sometimes it can take as much as 35-40 minutes to get to Brookline across Comm Ave on the T. If I were to leave at 5 or 530, it could easily be an hour-plus. Not to mention the abundance of construction on Comm Ave right now makes it all the worse. For reference, it took about 25 minutes last Friday to drive from Coolidge Corner to the BC parking garage for a 7pm game.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              More hockey related
              Why is Carpenter buried on third line
              Probably related to the (approximately) 9 million passes that came cleanly through the crease to his side of the ice in the last 4 minutes of the game on Saturday that he was unable to make a play on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                It is really more of an overall traffic problem getting into and through the city. The garage itself is relatively quick. (Although the new security measures slow things down getting into the building).

There was one time traffic was so bad i finally said “screw it’”, turned around and went hone.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                  Probably related to the (approximately) 9 million passes that came cleanly through the crease to his side of the ice in the last 4 minutes of the game on Saturday that he was unable to make a play on.
                  I have noticed a lot of BU players pulling a "Lucic" - standing by the net with their stick on their hip instead of on the ice where they could, you know, maybe knock in a centering pass or a rebound? Must think he's playing lacrosse!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Remember how fired up we were last January? 7 guys... They were going to come home with confidence and sharper skills... Winning feeds more winning.... Yeah....
                    Which goes back to "how" they were recruited here. What were they SOLD? Was it "We're building a great program here and we want you to be part of a winning tradition?" Or was it "This is your ticket to the NHL." If it's the latter (which more and more sounds accurate), why would anyone think ANYTHING that happens here would have any effect on the TEAM winning?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      No, it's that Friday rush hour in the city extends later and later into the evening and starts earlier and earlier in the day. If I leave my office in Kendall at 3, sometimes it can take as much as 35-40 minutes to get to Brookline across Comm Ave on the T. If I were to leave at 5 or 530, it could easily be an hour-plus. Not to mention the abundance of construction on Comm Ave right now makes it all the worse. For reference, it took about 25 minutes last Friday to drive from Coolidge Corner to the BC parking garage for a 7pm game.
                      When I can I usually leave early just to deal with parking and traffic at BU. I know some spots around the area up the street from HAA. But I don't mind walking a bit.

Driving to BC's garage is easier usually because I don't have to deal with Boston traffic as much and I can meander through side streets of the urbs that I'm familiar with.

I notice with stinkysocks hockey the garage charges $10
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

A warning to BU fans coming Friday night to Tsongas who are used to pregaming at the Lowell Beer Works. The place closed down over the summer for revamping and totally blows now. Menu is very limited and bad (who doesn't even have a burger on the menu?). Long time regulars who religiously went there pre and post game are staying away in droves and finding better options like the Worthen on Worthen Street just up from the arena past city hall. Worthen has attracted many Lowell fans in past weeks and I know some others who have been going to Cobblestones too but that can get pricey while others have been trying Fuse, Tremonte, El Potro, and Old Court.

So if anyone is looking for any of us that you're used to seeing at Beer Works, we won't be there. You've been warned and research your options but I'm sticking with my new go to place, the Worthen.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

If you guys want a good laugh, check out the BC thread here. "Jack Eichel would have come to BC but Jerry York told him no."

Comment

One person mentioned it and apparently was told by someone else. So ya, I'm guessing something got lost in translation.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              If you guys want a good laugh, check out the BC thread here. "Jack Eichel would have come to BC but Jerry York told him no."
                              There is a Johnny Gaudreau/UNH Admissions office joke here somewhere
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                Maurice Richard wanted to attend BC, but The Snooker said no.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X