This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Wow, Bottom Three? I don't believe that. Though I do believe this BU team just isn't that good. Defense and Goal, there's plenty to work with. The Forward group is the main problem. What BU forward does any opponent have to really fear? Nobody has replaced Keller as that guy. Greenway's good but just not a 'scorer'. Harper is fun but can't do things by himself. Young Tkachuk has plenty to work on and is nowhere near ready to play pro, even if he goes in the top half of the first round. Carpenter is solid and reliable but not a gunner. Bowers and Cockerill show promise and could be much better in the second half. I'd be surprised if BU isn't at least in the running for the last first round bye. Not what BU fans expect but that might be where they're at for this season.

Comment

BU will rack up the wins in 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        BU will rack up the wins in 2018
        NIT here we come
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          For tonight's game, Farrance moves up to forward on a line with Bobo and Crone. Fabbro out with a minor injury, replaced by John MacLeod.
          Does anyone understand this move? Anyone? It’s not like they are thin at forward.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

While I can certainly understand the frustration here with yet another loss, honestly I don't think BU played a bad game last night. The score could easily have gone the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Does anyone understand this move? Anyone? It’s not like they are thin at forward.
              They are thin at scoring forwards.

Comment

I think TC was calling him Ference

Comment

I gotta say, this BU has me at a loss. Having watched them the first BC game at Conte, they looked fast, breakouts were crisp, their passing was on point, Harper was buzzing around everywhere. The talent and the potential were obvious. Then they've turned back into a pumpkin. I don't know why this team is not able to perform at the upper end of their range on a more regular basis, but no doubt if I were a BU fan, I would be VERY frustrated with this team as many of you clearly are.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    They are thin at scoring forwards.
                    Bingo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      I gotta say, this BU has me at a loss. Having watched them the first BC game at Conte, they looked fast, breakouts were crisp, their passing was on point, Harper was buzzing around everywhere. The talent and the potential were obvious. Then they've turned back into a pumpkin. I don't know why this team is not able to perform at the upper end of their range on a more regular basis, but no doubt if I were a BU fan, I would be VERY frustrated with this team as many of you clearly are.
                      At least everyone else isn’t setting an alarm to wake up at 3am to watch this crap
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        At least everyone else isn’t setting an alarm to wake up at 3am to watch this crap
                        Is it worth it??

Comment

Boston University's Hickey, UMass Lowell's Master Suspended One Game

WAKEFIELD, MASS. - Hockey East announced today that Boston University senior defenseman Brandon Hickey (Leduc, Alta.) has been suspended for one game stemming from an incident at 4:25 of the third period on Friday, December 8 at UMass Lowell. Hickey will miss the game on Saturday, December 9 against UMass Lowell and be eligible to return to the Terriers’ lineup Friday, January 5 against the U.S. National Under-18 Team.

Hockey East also announced that UMass Lowell junior forward Nick Master (Broomall, Pa.) has been suspended for one game stemming from an incident at 18:48 of the first period on Friday, December 8 against Boston University. Master will miss the game on Saturday, December 9 at Boston University and be eligible to return to the River Hawks’ lineup Friday, December 29 against Harvard in the Catamount Cup hosted by the University of Vermont.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Boston University's Hickey, UMass Lowell's Master Suspended One Game

WAKEFIELD, MASS. - Hockey East announced today that Boston University senior defenseman Brandon Hickey (Leduc, Alta.) has been suspended for one game stemming from an incident at 4:25 of the third period on Friday, December 8 at UMass Lowell. Hickey will miss the game on Saturday, December 9 against UMass Lowell and be eligible to return to the Terriers’ lineup Friday, January 5 against the U.S. National Under-18 Team.

Hockey East also announced that UMass Lowell junior forward Nick Master (Broomall, Pa.) has been suspended for one game stemming from an incident at 18:48 of the first period on Friday, December 8 against Boston University. Master will miss the game on Saturday, December 9 at Boston University and be eligible to return to the River Hawks’ lineup Friday, December 29 against Harvard in the Catamount Cup hosted by the University of Vermont.
                            Maybe some scarlet tinted glasses on me, but the Hickey hit didn't seem as bad as they were making it seem on TV.

Regardless, I am very disappointed in this team as a whole.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Is it worth it??
                              Yeah, that would be my thought! Is it not available on demand after the fact? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to go tonight. The streets are fine now but will they be bad at 10 tonight? I can watch the game from home for free. But on the other hand, they lost last night so a 7-goal outburst tonight is ensured.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                                Maybe some scarlet tinted glasses on me, but the Hickey hit didn't seem as bad as they were making it seem on TV.

Regardless, I am very disappointed in this team as a whole.
                                It was horrible from a situational awareness standpoint. That play will result in a penalty 100% of the time, thus putting his team down two men. For a captain to make that play is incredibly stupid and sets a terrible example. Whether it's a two or a five is a different argument, but in the college game that hit is called every single time and Hickey has to know that especially when his team is already down a man.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X