X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    There's now a "Watch" link on the schedule page, linking to watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network . Scroll down to find the game. Saturday's game link is https://watchstadium.com/live/union-...on-university/
    hmmmm. doesn't load
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      hmmmm. doesn't load
      Worked fine for me.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        Worked fine for me.
        It's behaving now

Comment

I was hoping we'd put the puck in the net a few times tonight. Predictably sloppy, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            I was hoping we'd put the puck in the net a few times tonight. Predictably sloppy, but still.
            Wish came true. Did put "a few" (2) in

Comment

Wish came true. Did put "a few" (2) in
              Yeah, that third period was better! I was really impressed with our speed. I don't know if Union is slow or if it is just because I haven't seen a game in six months, but we seemed really fast. Seemed like it was just wave after wave coming at Union. It seems to me that we're getting closer to Quinn's goal of being very tough to play against.

Comment

We definitely looked faster out there. Melanson and Cockerill can fly, and the defense did a nice job hitting guys in stride.

Tkachuk is a beast! That sequence in the third period where someone tried too take him out just inside the blue line, only to end up on their own butt, followed by him getting a shot off in the slot a few seconds later was what I think we will see a lot of this season.

Union is not a bad team. Good to get a win against them to get things started. Quinnipiac will be tougher though, and on the road.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

That is a hell of a good hockey team you have there.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The Union goalie was very solid, he stopped more than a few point blank chances. Nice job by the D holding Union to a lot of very low percentage shots tonight, specifically in the first and third period. We still had a bit of the bug from last year of overpassing, getting the puck into a high quality scoring area with a good opportunity then passing it off two or three more times and losing the chance.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      The Union goalie was very solid, he stopped more than a few point blank chances. Nice job by the D holding Union to a lot of very low percentage shots tonight, specifically in the first and third period. We still had a bit of the bug from last year of overpassing, getting the puck into a high quality scoring area with a good opportunity then passing it off two or three more times and losing the chance.
                      Yeah, Krys tried a dipsy-doodle move when he had someone wide open at the point on the PP, only to lose it. Kostkalanko at one point tried a fancy back pass rather than the easy pass to the point and it was picked off. I would expect the freshmen to make those mistakes as they adjust to the speed of the college game.

Comment

Looks like another solid team for BU. You managed to keep the speed throughout the game and outplayed us in the third. Your defense was quite good I thought, keeping us way out at the blue line or to the sides.
                        Good luck for the rest of the season!
                        Let's go Union !
                        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Watched the entire game as a complete outsider. Union is young but a very decent team with fairly good speed. But BU is just so much faster and does indeed have some beasts on defense. If the injury bug does not bite and there is no one leaving for any reason, this is just a very good mix of size and quickness that if they get good goaltending (which they should) and some decent breaks through the season, they may well be the class of the NCAA.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

So. Is it for real this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                              So. Is it for real this year?
                              Golly, just 1 game that was 2-1 before the goalie was pulled

Let's not start licking each other's Popsicles just yet

Comment

Golly, just 1 game that was 2-1 before the goalie was pulled

Let's not start licking each other's Popsicles just yet
                                Not to mention we just tied a team that NU beat 9-1. (I know, no Greenway, Harper, Oettinger, etc.). Still.

Comment

Working...
                                X