X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I don't really get this criticism of McAvoy when he was playing for BU. He's not a flashy player, now or when he was at BU. He isn't the kind of player that will win games single-handed, like Eichel or Keller (or even Carpenter). I don't know that we've ever had a defenseman that could do that, maybe Shattenkirk or Gilroy. McAvoy had a rough first half of his freshman year, but from then on he was really pretty good.
    To clarify, I don't think he played poorly at BU. He did occasionally make a bad decision that led to a goal, but he was the youngest player in the country as a freshman.

Lest we forget he scored one of the biggest goals for the program over the past decade.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      To clarify, I don't think he played poorly at BU. He did occasionally make a bad decision that led to a goal, but he was the youngest player in the country as a freshman.

Lest we forget he scored one of the biggest goals for the program over the past decade.
      I mean yeah he scored that, but that goal was 99.9999999% the result of Keller.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        He might be playing for a better coach as well...
        Might?!?!?!

Comment

Really says a lot that

one of the biggest goals for the program over the past decade
          was in a regional semi-final game.

Though to be fair your statement will be a lot more true in about 15 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            Really says a lot that

was in a regional semi-final game.

Though to be fair your statement will be a lot more true in about 15 months.
            Well the team has had better years obviously (2009, 2015), but the nature of the goal (basically a road game, and after the team thought they had already lost the game) makes it a more "memorable" goal. Funny how the result of the game has such an impact on how big a goal is (quick, who scored the tying goal with around 3 minutes left the next night?).

And Keller had a lot to do with it for sure, but many other BU d-men 1) don't take that chance of dropping so low in an OT game and 2) don't convert on the opportunity as well as he did.

Comment

Well the team has had better years obviously (2009, 2015), but the nature of the goal (basically a road game, and after the team thought they had already lost the game) makes it a more "memorable" goal. Funny how the result of the game has such an impact on how big a goal is (quick, who scored the tying goal with around 3 minutes left the next night?).
              Harper with 3:13 left. Is he back for tonight's game? BU going for first win at Merrimack under DQ.
              https://***********/NCAAIceHockey/st...92009176649729
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Does the Mack livestream?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  BU going for first win at Merrimack under DQ.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Does the Mack livestream?
                    Yes, but it's pay-per-view/
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

a win!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anytime a defenseman gets a hat trick, it reminds me of the "d-man double hat trick" with Whitney and Schaeffer, against I think, Princeton? And also Kaj Linna slaying the LSSU dragon in the '95 regional with his hat trick.

Comment

Working...
                        X