This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Were they related? The original was the one on Brighton Ave near Harvard Ave, correct?
    Correct on location. I don’t know the exact ownership details but yes they are related... same menu, logo etc etc

Comment

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Correct on location. I don’t know the exact ownership details but yes they are related... same menu, logo etc etc
      The menu isn't 100% the same, Tap focused more on beer where Cantina is more margarita and tequila-focused. But the food was generally the same. Tap was sold a few years ago by the original owner and there were some issues there with it. Cantina very, very recently expanded the place, nearly doubling its size. I doubt they're going anywhere any time soon.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        The menu isn't 100% the same, Tap focused more on beer where Cantina is more margarita and tequila-focused. But the food was generally the same. Tap was sold a few years ago by the original owner and there were some issues there with it. Cantina very, very recently expanded the place, nearly doubling its size. I doubt they're going anywhere any time soon.
        http://www.wcvb.com/article/sunset-grill-and-tap-patrons-in-boston-have-closed/14467007

Didn’t realize the original owner had sold. Sounds like they are both owned by some restaurant group.

Comment

porkchop bellows has blossomed
          2017-18 Portland Winterhawks WHL gp31 g19 a21 pts40 pim31 +22
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            porkchop bellows has blossomed
            2017-18 Portland Winterhawks WHL gp31 g19 a21 pts40 pim31 +22
            wow, who knew he'd be able to excel against 17 and 18 year olds with little emphasis on defense.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              wow, who knew he'd be able to excel against 17 and 18 year olds with little emphasis on defense.
              ah ha.

so he tooled in practice all last season, earning him the ice time

Comment

We said that about Coyle too. Not that I disagree with your sentiment.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  We said that about Coyle too. Not that I disagree with your sentiment.
                  I'm glad it worked out for Coyle. He's having a pretty good NHL career. But I think if he had stuck it out at BU, he'd have ended up still having a pretty good NHL career. I imagine it'll work out in the end for Bellows, too, and it would've if he had stayed at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Not exactly hockey related (more pre game related) but the original Sunset is closed. Hope the Cantina is not the next to fall.
                    Yeah I saw that. Sad to see. Had a lot of good times there.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Here is the official release on the ASU game change. Not sure why we didn't do this in the first place. But glad the visiting fans will have a better chance to see their team. Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Valley!

http://www.thesundevils.com/news/201...ver-arena.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                        Here is the official release on the ASU game change. Not sure why we didn't do this in the first place. But glad the visiting fans will have a better chance to see their team. Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Valley!

http://www.thesundevils.com/news/201...ver-arena.aspx
                        Any TV/stream expected? For either game?
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          I'm glad it worked out for Coyle. He's having a pretty good NHL career. But I think if he had stuck it out at BU, he'd have ended up still having a pretty good NHL career. I imagine it'll work out in the end for Bellows, too, and it would've if he had stayed at BU.
                          I agree that Coyle likely would have still had a good NHL career if he had stayed at BU. He had a very solid freshman season, he was just in a rut the first half of his sophomore season. I'm not so sure about Bellows. He did NOT have a good freshman season, at least good enough to show he is a future NHLer. His biggest strength was supposed to be his shot, but he wasn't able to create enough space for himself to really leverage it.

I really hope he finds success and makes it, but I have my doubts. I think he would have developed into a good college player had he stayed. Beyond that, who knows.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The issues Bellows faced at BU are not similar to the ones Coyle had. Bellows had every opportunity to play and succeed here, but consistently underachieved, had difficulty adjusting to college-level defensive schemes, was very undisciplined on the ice in the first half of the season, and looked very much like a player who needed time to develop into a college-level player. Coyle looked like he belonged in college from his first game here, never had major penalty issues, and while he needed some adjustment, wasn't two steps behind the pace of the game. He was also playing under Parker's somewhat arcane offensive system that undeniably hindered his offensive ability. Moving to major junior allowed this part of his game to flourish and he succeeded. You cannot make the same argument that Quinn's offensive scheme hindered Bellows's ability to use his offensive skills. It seemed more that he just wasn't ready to compete at a high level in college. A year or two of solid development absolutely could've brought him to that point here.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Any TV/stream expected? For either game?
                              Yes, there is normally a live stream from our student broadcast department. It is a decent broadcast and is for free.

Comment

The issues Bellows faced at BU are not similar to the ones Coyle had. Bellows had every opportunity to play and succeed here, but consistently underachieved, had difficulty adjusting to college-level defensive schemes, was very undisciplined on the ice in the first half of the season, and looked very much like a player who needed time to develop into a college-level player. Coyle looked like he belonged in college from his first game here, never had major penalty issues, and while he needed some adjustment, wasn't two steps behind the pace of the game. He was also playing under Parker's somewhat arcane offensive system that undeniably hindered his offensive ability. Moving to major junior allowed this part of his game to flourish and he succeeded. You cannot make the same argument that Quinn's offensive scheme hindered Bellows's ability to use his offensive skills. It seemed more that he just wasn't ready to compete at a high level in college. A year or two of solid development absolutely could've brought him to that point here.
                                also like to think charlie was embarrassed at the chitshow his teammates were engaging in and was able to escape (while sadly other guys w/o similar options were stuck).

Comment

Working...
                                X