X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Whoa
    Glad Mookie didn’t get up for that
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Whoa
      An obstructed view seat at Matthews would've been ideal for this debacle

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Whoa
        It looks like you can sleep all season.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          It looks like you can sleep all season.
          But he'll miss Jasmine in Lowell if he does that.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Well, it kinda means they're good as they're ranked 7th in the country.
            No, they are ranked 13 in both polls.

I assume you were talking about the pairwise? They are down to 8th right now, but I think it is a little early to really be looking at that. They haven't beaten anyone any good (BU and Lowell both suck this year, Sacred Heart is cupcake city) and they got swept by QU, who isn't really any good, either.
            Last edited by BU Fan 84; 11-10-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              But he'll miss Jasmine in Lowell if he does that.
              Big drawback there.. no chance she is at b-ball games? There is a bu @ unlolol game before Christmas that Mookie will go see while he’s back

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Big drawback there.. no chance she is at b-ball games? There is a bu @ unlolol game before Christmas that Mookie will go see while he’s back
                Unfortunately she doesn't do bball.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  Unfortunately she doesn't do bball.
                  dammit

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                    I don't think talent is an issue as much as player development. Some upperclassmen not improving, perhaps pigeonholed and buried on the depth chart b/c of the prioritization of recruiting and developing the "shiniest toys" available for the NHL instead of following the 1+1+1+1+1 > 5 team-building model.
                    Ding...ding...ding...ding...congrats...you get it

Comment

The natives are getting restless.

I’ve only seen them play a few times, so this might not be a fair question, but would Amonte and Tkachuk have made it here if they had different last names?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I’ve only seen them play a few times, so this might not be a fair question, but would Amonte and Tkachuk have made it here if they had different last names?
                        Fair question...I haven't seen enough games in person to have a strong opinion, but in the games I have been they have not been, should we say, "factors." On the other hand, at this point, one could say that about many of the players, regardless of last name.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Fair question...I haven't seen enough games in person to have a strong opinion, but in the games I have been they have not been, should we say, "factors." On the other hand, at this point, one could say that about many of the players, regardless of last name.
                          I think Tkachuk is legit. He was a star on the U18 wasn’t he?
                          He’s looked like he can be dominant on the puck sometimes but gets bogged down in the same garbage the rest of them do.

Whoever said up thread about the only offense coming from the points is right. Teams just clog up the front of the net so much it’s almost impossible to get to anything in there. I’m also done with the wraparound attempts.
                          Go BU!

Comment

Tkachuk is absolutely legit. Not even a question. His stock may be dropping, but he's still a 1st rounder. Amonte you could question, but I would say he is D-1 player. He did cough up the puck with a terrible pass on the first NU goal - I wouldn't be surprised if he sits tonight.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Tkachuk clearly is loaded with skill but is EXTREMELY raw and needs time to develop, as well as put on some muscle. He's had a good amount of trouble adjusting to the level of play and physicality at the collegiate level. Amonte has been decent, though I think he's one of the guys that could've used another year of development before coming to college. I don't think either one got here on his last name, a la Eruzione's kid, nor do I think either is a major factor contributing to the horrendous play over the last month. For the life of me I cannot understand Quinn's insistence on continuing to suit up Cloonan each night, he's a total nonfactor. Where's Chabot? Why is Farrance, a great piece for us against NU, sitting both games in favor of Kotkansalo, Crotty, and Diffley? Not to mention Quinn has shuffled these guys around so many times that virtually no one has any idea where they fit in, linemates have ZERO chemistry, no one knows what they need to do to stay in the lineup or what'll get them benched. For me, this is the first time in his tenure I pin this poor play squarely on gross missteps by the head coach. It's almost as if he's so overinvested in his own scheme that he needs to take a day off from hockey to clear his head and refocus, because right now his coaching decisions look aimless and make little sense.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Tkachuk is absolutely legit. Not even a question. His stock may be dropping, but he's still a 1st rounder. Amonte you could question, but I would say he is D-1 player. He did cough up the puck with a terrible pass on the first NU goal - I wouldn't be surprised if he sits tonight.
                                Was that before or after Cloonan fell?

Comment

Working...
                                X