This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

The way I read the Alabama race, for most righties getting the Itch endorsement is the kiss of death. Couple that with Trump's relatively lukewarm (more like warmed over) endorsement of Strange and there you have it. I don't know about other races except for Arizona where Flake who Trump hates is facing a challenge from the right. Look for that person to tie Flake to Itch like they're having a passionate love affair as that seems to be the way to win a GOP primary.

PS - I hear from insider polling that now only half of the Beltway media still consider McConnell to be a political genius....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "Two income trap"? very interesting book; Dr. Mrs. has a very complicated relationship with it.
      Yes. I read it years ago and it thoroughly explains what has happened to me financially the last 20+ years. And it's the only book that does so.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        I hear from insider polling that now only half of the Beltway media still consider McConnell to be a political genius....
        This is a little dated, but in its day it would have made a fine joke. When Mitch c-ckblocked Garland the Punditocracy was calling him Machiavelli au Guilinggao.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How do you know Jared's not female?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

And, because Trump is, well, Trump, he comes right out and admits retaining the rule for PR is corporate welfare.

President Donald Trump told reporters Wednesday he was considering waiving the act but hesitated because “a lot of people that work in the shipping industry... don’t want the Jones Act lifted.”
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              The way I read the Alabama race, for most righties getting the Itch endorsement is the kiss of death. Couple that with Trump's relatively lukewarm (more like warmed over) endorsement of Strange and there you have it. I don't know about other races except for Arizona where Flake who Trump hates is facing a challenge from the right. Look for that person to tie Flake to Itch like they're having a passionate love affair as that seems to be the way to win a GOP primary.

PS - I hear from insider polling that now only half of the Beltway media still consider McConnell to be a political genius....
              The Supreme Court issue got Trump elected and they delivered. They may end up being rewarded for that. That honeymoon isn't over yet. There's a couple more justices close to retiring and that's enough for that base+others to come out and vote regardless who wins their primaries.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                The Supreme Court issue got Trump elected and they delivered. They may end up being rewarded for that. That honeymoon isn't over yet. There's a couple more justices close to retiring and that's enough for that base+others to come out and vote regardless who wins their primaries.
                Nobody on the Court is going to retire while that fool is in office. They might die, but they aint leaving of their own accord.
                Cornell University

Comment

Another good article about the Moore 'situation'...http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...f-the-gop.html
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    On a ship or as a tourist?

It's so awesome that you so easily brush off the only way Puerto Rico gets stuff as it should be so easy, so they don't need the same shipping waiver that Florida and Texas really didn't need.

Btw, the waiver also allows the cruise ships to move people between US ports, too.

Thanks for caring. Shows your true colors.
                    Neither. I flew to PR and toured shipping facilities, but not as a tourist.

There are thousands of shipping containers of supplies sitting on the docks in San Juan Harbor right now. There are thousands more already there waiting to offload. And thousands more enroute. There is a Tanker off loading fuel right now at the Puma Energy dock in San Juan Harbor. There are three more Tankers waiting. There are passenger ships stacked up at the dock. There is, AFAIK, no tanker at Yabucoa, but a) I'm not even sure if it was an operating facility three weeks ago and b) Maria hit there pretty much directly.

The problem at the moment IS NOT ship availability. It's Port space. It's distribution. It's trucks. It's getting the stuff from the port to the people. And 10, 50, or 100 more tankers is not going to put one drop more fuel into PR as it stands. 1000 ships are useless if you can't put them at a dock.

From DHS:

“The limitation is going to be port capacity to offload and transfer cargo, not vessel availability. ”
                    What part of this is so hard to understand?

Irma's eye wall missed my house by about 10 miles. I'm both familiar with what kind of devastion a hurricane can cause, and very sympathetic to the plight of those affected as I've spent much of the last two weeks volunteering to help those with greater losses than mine. You can shove the "thanks for caring" bit.
                    I hope your friends and family are alright and all get relief as soon as is humanly possible. It's horrible to be in the situation many of our fellow Americans in PR, Florida, and TX are in.
                    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-27-2017, 02:28 PM.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Nobody on the Court is going to retire while that fool is in office. They might die, but they aint leaving of their own accord.
                      Thomas might, but he'd be the only one. Breyer, Kennedy, and RBG surely won't.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/o...imes&smtyp=cur

Really need to read the whole thing to understand it. But this article more than any teaches the lesson of 2016.
                        This country is full of fcking idiots. Not only do I call them out, I'm also arrogant enough to put myself in the 'smart' group.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          stupid republicans

i'm going to come out and say that I probably don't pay enough taxes. Yes, some stupid righty will say "there is nothing stopping you from cutting a check and sending it to the U.S. treasury". Well instead of doing that, I contribute to multiple conservation organizations (Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, Natural Resources Council of Maine, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Downeast Lakes Land Trust, Maine Farmland Trust, Access Fund, etc), which I view as additional tax that I _need_ to pay. I'd have no problem paying additional federal taxes on top of this, but only if that is combined with a massive reduction in defense spending. Having a few people volunteer to do so isn't going to fix it, everyone needs to pay more (well, maybe not everyone, but at lest anyone making over 100K). Even proposing tax cuts is irresponsible right now.
                          people making only 100k are working poor.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                            i see. I still think she wrote one of the most important books of all time. Unfortunately no one listened so it's only important to those of us who can read
                            fyp
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              people making only 100k are working poor.
                              The definitions are interesting and vary widely. I looked up what middle class means a while ago, it varies from middle 20% to everyone but the top and bottom margins. It varies by locality also, when I looked myself up on some calculator (maybe it's on cnn money?) I found out that in Houghton Co. MI the middle class starts at about $28K (annual household) and puts me at the top of the middle class which is bizarre... I would be considered poor as dirt in a normal place (but upper class in the Philippines so...)
                              It's all in your perspective.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                The definitions are interesting and vary widely. I looked up what middle class means a while ago, it varies from middle 20% to everyone but the top and bottom margins. It varies by locality also, when I looked myself up on some calculator (maybe it's on cnn money?) I found out that in Houghton Co. MI the middle class starts at about $28K (annual household) and puts me at the top of the middle class which is bizarre... I would be considered poor as dirt in a normal place (but upper class in the Philippines so...)
                                It's all in your perspective.
                                It always has and should depend on the cost of living in the area you live. The numbers change throughout the country and the world. Unfortunately certain elected government officials manipulate the numbers for their own purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X