X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    To add to the list of Obama accomplishments stopped by Trump- 83 months of positive job numbers come to an end.
    I may be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there at least one month during that time that initially showed a job loss, but was later revised to show a small gain. Again, I might me totally making this up . Either way, it's quite possible exactly that will happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      I may be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there at least one month during that time that initially showed a job loss, but was later revised to show a small gain. Again, I might me totally making this up . Either way, it's quite possible exactly that will happen here.
      Well, this one has a lot of issues from two hurricanes creating a pile of lost jobs and it's now hard to estimate when that gets fixed
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Trump administration can go **** themselves.

Jeff Sessions ordered the Justice Department to take the position that transgender people are not protected by a civil rights law that bans workplace discrimination based on sex.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Did you really expect anything else when Sessions was tapped as the AG?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Trump's blowing up the Iran deal.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-pla...ran/449678533/

Obama was never President. Just erase him from the history books. Good plan too. Being at war with Iran AND North Korea is always a good strategy. Especially when you're trooped up in Afghanistan and against ISIS.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              The Trump administration can go **** themselves.
              The only right they care about is the 2nd Amendment; even then, only for whites.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I believe that you believe that, and that's sad. It tells me how easily it was to manipulate you into, well, whatever you've become, Cpt. Tinfoil.
                Don't read too much into it. It's basically a "I know you are but what am I" response. It's all you have when your mind is impotent and deficient.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  The only thing that would have been nuked would have been Hillary's e-mail server because we would be on day 331 of the Republican lead "How in the world did the nation elect *HER*?!?" investigations.

Also, instead of repealing Obamacare (of which, the House and Senate Republicans would still be whining), we would have had two bills rammed through proposing to eliminate the electoral college.
                  Oh and we would have multiple Congressional Committees looking into rampant voter fraud in close districts and Donald would be making millions on the circuit talking about how he had the Presidency stolen from him.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I believe that you believe that, and that's sad. It tells me how easily it was to manipulate you into, well, whatever you've become, Cpt. Tinfoil.
                    She would just shake her finger at them at say, "Bad North Korea" and toss more sanctions. Not saying that's a bad thing, just saying that there is no way she'd threaten with military action.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      where did you go to medical school? or do you have a PhD in immunology? Did you get it from Google University?
                      So you expect a parent to subject their kid to something they think is unreasonable? They are still getting all the shots, so what's the problem doing it a little differently?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      WHAT????? a
                      Really? Come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        She would just shake her finger at them at say, "Bad North Korea" and toss more sanctions. Not saying that's a bad thing, just saying that there is no way she'd threaten with military action.
                        Nor should she (we) really threaten them with military action. All Pol Kim Pot has is to play the strongman card, and threaten the US. He established that as his rhetoric from the get go, and if he deviates from it he looks weak to his people. His only move is escalation, and at some point Trumpf could buffoon us into an actual shooting war with a mad man who very well could launch a nuke attack as Seoul.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          So you expect a parent to subject their kid to something they think is unreasonable? They are still getting all the shots, so what's the problem doing it a little differently?
                          at least yours are getting all the shots. The problem is people with no medical training whatsoever think they are experts and have any clue what is reasonable/unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            They have done a lot of research on this. You actually have a better immune response when the body is confronted with more. Example you give adults Tetanus with Diptheria because it augments the response to Tetanus. The only live vaccines that are 'live' are MMR and varicella (chickenpox). The rest you are giving the equivilent of an empty shell to show the body what it should respond to. You give the immunizations early because the immune response happens but to have sustained response you need to remind the body. Many parents delay or stagger vaccines but there is absolutely no evidence to show it makes any difference except for make the parents happy. We don't have a very good record system or compliance in the country as a whole (Red states suck at this, esp down south). In countries with robust healthcare systems with standardized record keeping they have huge cohorts to get data from and it just doesn't play out.

There is no evidence at all that shows triggers from vaccines, no matter if a person is predisposed. As someone who did pedi for close to 30 yrs the observation I would make is Autism becomes more easily evident at around 15-18 months when you would expect the baby to be more interactive (the same time MMR is given). If you ask closely you usually will find that the baby has been 'off' from very early on but the parents just thought it was their baby's personality. They don't like to be cuddled, they weren't easily soothed, they didn't make eye contact or would only do so briefly, etc. There is also a strong genetic component. This means you have families that think behavior that is on the Spectrum is normal until it is diagnosed- usually when they don't meet markers that look at social cues- imitation, engagement with surroundings, etc

in my extended family we have a kid dx with autism. When he was around 18 months the mother thought something was not right. Trip to the Pedi and they suggested hearing problems, ADHD (person who said this was an idiot). They had a party and the grandmother grabbed me as we walked into the house and asked me to look at the kid. Huge party. The kid was in the middle not paying attention to any of it. It took me 2 seconds to say oh-oh. Long story short- the father was also dx. The father's mother couldn't understand why he had a dx. When you looked at the family there were 3 generations of people with the same personality traits. To them it was completely normal. They all thought the kid with autism was 'fine'. So how many people do we have who think their kid is normal because they don't know what normal is and miss cues until they are glaringly evident?
                            If a parent goes through this and sees it all play out, would you honestly expect them to go through the exact same steps again without changing anything? I'm sorry but it still seems too coincidental about the MMR. Again, I clearly state that I do not think MMR causes autism. But there has to be something that hasn't been studied yet, otherwise they would know the cause. I have my own theories but stating them here would only invite a flurry of attacks on me, as you can see may have started.

You're saying that parents are missing cues and the rate is actually even higher that it is now? Even with the huge explosion of cases? Maybe but that is typically people on the higher end of the spectrum where they can function at a more close to "normal" level.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              at least yours are getting all the shots. The problem is people with no medical training whatsoever think they are experts and have any clue what is reasonable/unreasonable.
                              Thank you.

You are never going to be rid of clueless people. Just look around this board. Or even clueless medical professionals. That's unfortunately how the world is. But it can be done right where everyone is comfortable and kept safe. I know this and I've lived it.

Comment

Nor should she (we) really threaten them with military action. All Pol Kim Pot has is to play the strongman card, and threaten the US. He established that as his rhetoric from the get go, and if he deviates from it he looks weak to his people. His only move is escalation, and at some point Trumpf could buffoon us into an actual shooting war with a mad man who very well could launch a nuke attack as Seoul.
                                It's nuclear chicken. Similar to the Cold War (which we are now resuming).
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X