This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

I shall now dub you "Eeyore." I know most of your downtrodden and depressing posts are a bit, but c'mon man.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I think you're forgetting all the other checks and balances in play.

A lot of the things he's wanted so far haven't really happened. They are logjammed in the system.....
      Most of the things that have not happened were stalled as a result of his own breathtaking incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Most of the things that have not happened were stalled as a result of his own breathtaking incompetence.
        That, too.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I shall now dub you "Eeyore." I know most of your downtrodden and depressing posts are a bit, but c'mon man.
          Uh, huh. And I will call you "Rover's Little Brother". Cause this is the same **** that happened during the election. You know, the one where TRUMP WAS NEVER GOING TO WIN.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Uh, huh. And I will call you "Rover's Little Brother". Cause this is the same **** that happened during the election. You know, the one where TRUMP WAS NEVER GOING TO WIN.
            Then save some time and just off yourself. It'd be less painful than dying from radiation from the North Korean nukes. Yes, I'm being facetious with the former statement, just to be clear.

Comment

Then save some time and just off yourself. It'd be less painful than dying from radiation from the North Korean nukes. Yes, I'm being facetious with the former statement, just to be clear.
              Ok, Rovers Little Brother. I'll get right on that.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Re: travel ban: That's why I said a lot, not all.

And yeah, I think he'd be stopped by quite a few people.
                If he were actually stopped (as opposed to having been convinced not to do it), that would mean that the nuclear launch procedures had failed. They are designed with two purposes in mind: that only the president can initiate a nuclear launch, and that a nuclear launch is initiated when the president so orders.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  If he were actually stopped (as opposed to having been convinced not to do it), that would mean that the nuclear launch procedures had failed. They are designed with two purposes in mind: that only the president can initiate a nuclear launch, and that a nuclear launch is initiated when the president so orders.
                  I'll rephrase: his colleagues will convince him not to do it, because it's idiocy and would mean (basically) world destruction. Once one country launches, everyone would launch.
                  WWIII, we all die.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    That dumbass is going to go after North Korea. So glad the Bernie voters got what they wanted this election. Gotta teach those dumb Hillary voters a lesson.
                    Wasn’t he going to NOT tell the enemy of his plans?!?!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      No, we aren't. Leaders in the Cold War were smart enough not to push the d@mn button.
                      Correction: There were men smart enough to stand up to the leaders to ensure that the button never was pushed.
                      See: Stanislav Petrov and Zbigniew Brzezinski.

To be fair, the US is also the only nation to ever attempt to Hydrogen Bomb the sh*t out of it's own citizens. Kepler's continued wishes almost came true in 1961.
                      Last edited by aparch; 10-06-2017, 01:29 PM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'll rephrase: his colleagues will convince him not to do it, because it's idiocy and would mean (basically) world destruction. Once one country launches, everyone would launch.
                        WWIII, we all die.
                        When, in the history of Donald Trump, has Donald Trump ever stopped, listened to the contradictory voice telling him a differing opinion, and then taken a moment to consider the outcome?

You said it yourself:
                        ...Sorta like jingling car keys in front of someone who has ADD
                        Kim Jong Un is waving a set of goddammed Fisher Price keys in front of Trump, and Trump is batting at them like a kitten!
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tax the hell out of these places.

http://hill.cm/WsrJrn3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            When, in the history of Donald Trump, has Donald Trump ever stopped, listened to the contradictory voice telling him a differing opinion, and then taken a moment to consider the outcome?

You said it yourself:

Kim Jong Un is waving a set of goddammed Fisher Price keys in front of Trump, and Trump is batting at them like a kitten!
                            We have things that are more shiny. Like fake news.

Comment

I think you're forgetting all the other checks and balances in play.

A lot of the things he's wanted so far haven't really happened. They are logjammed in the system.....
                              Oh, you mean the ones that Obama blatantly ignored when he put through the DREAM act?

And don't get me started on when they don't want to exercise it, like trusting the IRS to obey tax concepts...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                As Wisco said the shot schedule is tailored to get the best immune response for the vaccine. You can separate them but they work better the way they are scheduled.
                                Okay, but in my anecdotal experience none of the diseases that were included in the vaccine schedule were ever contracted by any kid I have seen or heard about. If that's true the difference appears to be negligible.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BJM+...hrome&ie=UTF-8 Look into it a little bit. There are many kids who are diagnosed at other times. Unfortunately what you are saying is the exact thing they foind when they tried to educate people regarding the scientific facts about vaccines. Once you have the idea in your head it is harmful it is very hard, no matter how much evidence you see, to get it out. THe more someone tries to show you evidence the worse the idea is fixated. Same mechanism as phobias. You can grasp the concept but the instinctual reaction trumps it.

I am saying that with current screening (in Mass it is required for pedi well visits) is capturing things that previously high functioning people on the Spectrum missed in their kids. They redefined the criteria and subsequently redefined it again so IMHO you can't really compare numbers.

OUr family members are very active in the National Autism groups- all of them refute MMR as a contributing factor.
                                I'm not sure why you have such an issue with my take on this. I have very clearly stated multiple times that I do not believe the MMR was the cause. I've never said to not give kids the shots, only to be smart about how they are given. What's wrong with that?

I will not go into my personal experiences but with how things played out, I don't know how anyone could not come to the conclusion the MMR was at least involved or a trigger of the onset of symptoms until an actual cause is identified. Neither one of us will see it any other way, so that is the end of that.

I promise you that I am just as involved as you, so being active in national groups is hardly a convincing argument. They are primarily about awareness. Well, I'm pretty aware of this topic already so it's time for more action beyond the "light it up blue" campaigns. I'm not saying stop doing them. But there has to be more in the mainstream optics from these groups before I will go back to them.

Actually they have done research on this. The low grade fever is an indication that the immune system is fired up and doing its job. Kids used to get fever with vaccines. Now they get them a bit more but overall the safety of vaccines is actually improved. When I first was in practice they had live polio which is now not live. They also have changed the pertussis to an attenuated version- much less risk/side effects.

As to the exposure to multiple things at once- they are doing really cool research in Sweden regarding childhood immunity. Turns out the kids who have less exposure to things as infants actually have significantly more issues with allergies, asthma, food intolerances and sickness than the kids who are more exposed. So the parents who flip out anytime their kids touches something less than sterile are actually making risk for problems much worse. ONe of the studies compared people who used dishwashers vs hand washing (those evil sponge germs!!). Kids who had hand washed dishes actually did much better. Theory being they are exposed to things young and allowed to build a robust immune system when it is supposed to be developed. https://www.google.com/search?q=expo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Posted Search links so you can pick and chose what source you trust
                                Again, it's not about less exposure. It's about controlling the exposure.

Comment

Working...
                                X