X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You think the athletes are doing this as a stunt? Really?

If you cant see the difference between their kneeling and what Pence did...well I am kind of flabbergasted.
    I won't argue over semantics. Sorry you seem to be upset by calling it a stunt. The protest was a way to draw attention to their issue in a very public way. Pence's stunt drew attention to his point in a similar manner. I'm not arguing who has a more relevant point which might be the issue here, just the public way they are being handled.

Comment

Let's also stop pretending America gives a **** about the environment. We don't.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration announced Monday that it would take formal steps to repeal President Barack Obama’s signature policy to curb greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, setting up a bitter fight over the future of America’s efforts to tackle global warming.

At an event in eastern Kentucky, Scott Pruitt, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, said that his predecessors had departed from regulatory norms in crafting the Clean Power Plan, which was finalized in 2015 and would have pushed states to move away from coal in favor of sources of electricity that produce fewer carbon emissions.

“The war on coal is over,” Mr. Pruitt said. “Tomorrow in Washington, D.C., I will be signing a proposed rule to roll back the Clean Power Plan. No better place to make that announcement than Hazard, Kentucky.”
      https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/c...imes&smtyp=cur

After this EPA and Flint, MI we need to stop pretending and admit the truth.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...p-with-is-fake

Trump would make outrageous claims like he invented "priming the pump". Sometimes he would accuse Puerto Ricans of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the small-handed possess and the bad hombres lament. His childhood was typical. Summers in military school, bone spurs. In the spring he'd make covfefe helmets. At the age of twelve he discriminated against his first renter. At the age of fourteen he recorded his first pee-pee tape. Trump says there really is nothing like a golden shower - "it's breathtaking" - he highly suggests you try it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Just saw the Last Week Tonight piece on Confederate Memorials and have a question:

Is it simply human nature to bend the truth and shape the narrative so you're less embarrassed of your past? We've had 150+ years for the South to acknowledge that they screwed the pooch. But the bearded guy in the Last Week Tonight segment that claimed his family was too poor to own slaves is a prime example of what I'm asking about.

Somewhere along the lines, this guy (and his family) had to realize they effed up. So they played the "We were part of the struggling poor" card. How much of that is a factor here?

It's like when your 7 and you get caught doing something wrong, but you ride your lies the whole way, no matter how outrageous.

Sidebar: How have the 2+ generations that followed the Nazi's delt with the elephant in the room? Yea, Great Grandpa Schmidt was at Auschwitz. How is that looked upon by modern generations? Obviously it's not glorified, bit is it fully acknowledged or is it pushed under the rug?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Just saw the Last Week Tonight piece on Confederate Memorials and have a question:

Is it simply human nature to bend the truth and shape the narrative so you're less embarrassed of your past? We've had 150+ years for the South to acknowledge that they screwed the pooch. But the bearded guy in the Last Week Tonight segment that claimed his family was too poor to own slaves is a prime example of what I'm asking about.

Somewhere along the lines, this guy (and his family) had to realize they effed up. So they played the "We were part of the struggling poor" card. How much of that is a factor here?

It's like when your 7 and you get caught doing something wrong, but you ride your lies the whole way, no matter how outrageous.

Sidebar: How have the 2+ generations that followed the Nazi's delt with the elephant in the room? Yea, Great Grandpa Schmidt was at Auschwitz. How is that looked upon by modern generations? Obviously it's not glorified, bit is it fully acknowledged or is it pushed under the rug?
            What makes that even more confusing is that it wasn't even 50 years between the end of that war and the clear rise of the white south. So it was as if the war never happened, other than the specific slavery part. And it seems like many of them are proud of the oppression against all other races.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              I won't argue over semantics. Sorry you seem to be upset by calling it a stunt. The protest was a way to draw attention to their issue in a very public way. Pence's stunt drew attention to his point in a similar manner. I'm not arguing who has a more relevant point which might be the issue here, just the public way they are being handled.
              I am not upset...I just think you are completely and totally wrong and are rather blind to what protesting is and what they are actually protesting. It isnt a matter of semantics at all...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The German's have gone about as far as you can to try and make up for what they did. I believe even displaying Nazi images is a crime unless it is in a museum. I dont remember the specifics but they certainly arent celebrating it like the Rebels are.

BTW when that Fat, Stupid Rebel claimed his family was poor by saying "Do you know how much slaves cost?!" to the Black Protester, and he said it with anger and vitriol...that is everything you need to know about why this crap needs to be done. The Rebels are a flipping disaster and are a disgusting blight on society and this BS about celebrating their heritage is a joke.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

After having lived in Germany, my impression is that it's a ton of shame. I had friends in their late 30s who commented on the shame, and that they would be long dead before the world started to view then any differently.

I never heard anyone defending what their relatives did, unless they were a neo nazi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    After having lived in Germany, my impression is that it's a ton of shame. I had friends in their late 30s who commented on the shame, and that they would be long dead before the world started to view then any differently.

I never heard anyone defending what their relatives did, unless they were a neo nazi.
                    But they do admit that their family was a cog in the horrid machine, no? That's why I'm at a loss for the South. I just can't wrap my head around this mentality. I want to try and see their point of view, but it's darn near impossible.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

But they do admit that their family was a cog in the horrid machine, no? That's why I'm at a loss for the South. I just can't wrap my head around this mentality. I want to try and see their point of view, but it's darn near impossible.
                      Well The South doesnt feel shame over the War of Northern Aggression or the fact that held Blacks in Servitude...they embrace it. THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Germans are ashamed at what they did, they make amends whenever they can. (look how open Germany is) They admit what they did but they regret it.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Party of Fiscal Responsibility

"The exact operating cost of Air Force Two aren’t clear, but operating Air Force One costs over $206,000 an hour. Pence made two flights in excess of four hours—not to mention the time the plane spent on the ground, waiting for him to pop his blindingly white head into the stadium and out again—so even if the plane transporting the nation’s most insignificant man runs up the meter half as fast as his boss’s ride, a million was spent just driving Mikey to the game.

And of course there were Secret Service costs, along with inconvenience for everyone trying to either get into the stadium or simply navigate downtown Indianapolis, as Pence and his entourage cut through the town twice in a matter of minutes.

Pence’s stunt was so pre-staged, that the picture supposedly showing Pence at the game, was actually taken when Pence was attending a Colts game two years ago (why he was there at that time wasn’t clear, maybe it was “spit on women’s rights day”). Pence even told the reporters to cool their heels outside the stadium while he dashed inside. When he came out, he had a nice little speech, and a press release, to express his completely spontaneous indignity."
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

was actually taken when Pence was attending a Colts game two years ago (why he was there at that time wasn’t clear, maybe it was “spit on women’s rights day”).
                          I mean, OK, to be fair, he was governor of Indiana at the time and I'm assuming lived in Indianapolis, so that itself isn't too crazy. Re-using the picture with some Instagram shading is, however.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Well The South doesnt feel shame over the War of Northern Aggression or the fact that held Blacks in Servitude...they embrace it. THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Germans are ashamed at what they did, they make amends whenever they can. (look how open Germany is) They admit what they did but they regret it.
                            The difference is Reconstruction lasted a dozen years and was shut down before any lasting changes could be made. Germany was a de facto occupied nation cut in half for 45 years
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Let's also stop pretending America gives a **** about the environment. We don't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/c...imes&smtyp=cur

After this EPA and Flint, MI we need to stop pretending and admit the truth.
                              If their pollution could just hover over them and kill them off that would be fine. It blows east tho and causes all sorts of health and environmental problems- not where the polluters are but where those dam blue states are

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Yes, they are ashamed.

Comment

Working...
                                X